Anger

The Dull One

L had never felt so angry in his entire life.

He hadn't imagined she would do this. He never thought it was possible for a sister to love her younger sibling with that much of an intensity.

Apparently he was wrong.

When he arrived eagerly at the Lee house doorstep the next day, he was surprised to see only Chaekyung coming out of the house.

His eyes searched for Jaekyung actively, his heart thudding in his chest. Why wasn't she here? Was she sick? Was she alright?

Worry surged and before Chaekyung even got to say her usual "Good Morning L oppa!" L had opened the car door and got out. "Where's Jaekyung?"

Chaekyung looked a little surprised at his concern and she poured lightly. "Unnie said she had some things to do at school so she went off first. I have no idea what though." she murmured, scratching her head.

L frowned, biting his lips. Was that her way of avoiding him just because he said he wasn't going to give her up?

Chaekyung got into the car and sighed softly. "You know when unnie went out, I was still having breakfast. And I vividly heard a car stopping outside our house when unnie got out."

L turned immediately, swallowing. "A car?"

"Yeah." Chaekyung nodded, furrowing her brows. "I rushed to the door to see who it is but the car had already driven off. And unnie wasn't anywhere to be seen. I don't know if unnie has gotten into the car or not, and if so, who is driving the car?"

L felt the surge of possessiveness through his blood and fervently hopes Jaekyung had asked any one of the Infinite boys instead. He could take it if the guy was one of his friends because he knew they wouldn't betray him, but if it was someone else...

"I'm sure unnie knows how to take care of herself." Chaekyung murmured. She eyed L in confusion, the words of her friends surfacing in her mind. "Why are you so concerned about it anyway, L oppa?"

L turned to the front and started the engine, wanting to get to school as quickly as possible.

"Nothing." he muttered. Not a bigger lie he had told in his life.

-----

"L you're finally here!" Sunggyu exclaimed in relief, tapping his feet while waiting at the front gate of the school.

L blinked in surprise and parked his car in one swift move, getting out of it quickly. Chaekyung looked surprised to see Sunggyu as well. "Is something wrong, Sunggyu oppa?"

"Terribly." Sunggyu nodded. He turned to L and his eyes were pained and worried. L frowned, knowing this must not be good.

"What happened?" L demanded.

"You better see for yourself, the hallway. Hurry." Sunggyu gestured. L nodded and grabbed his bag, hurrying after his hyung. Chaekyung scrambled after them, wondering what the fuss was about.

Once entering the school, L could sense something was amiss right there. There were much more whisperings and chatters about, and the boys around looked disgusted and disappointed at the same time.

Even the girls weren't looking at L while he entered, talking amongst themselves.

"I can't believe she chose him." one guy muttered to his friend as they walked past L. "She could do so much better."

"I know. She's beautiful and kind, she deserves someone better than that attention grabbing bastard." his friend nodded in agreement.

L frowned, wondering who they were talking about. Sunggyu nudged L to follow and the latter snapped out of his daze, hurrying to where the rest of the Infinite boys were.

"Hyung.." Sungjong's voice cracked slightly, as if afraid to see L's reaction.

L blinked in confusion until Sungyeol turned L's head in a right direction. And L died.

He saw Kim Junki, yes the very same Kim Junki that he hated with such a fiery passion, that Junki was holding onto HIS girl's hand, laughing with his friends.

Jaekyung looked extremely uncomfortable as she directed her gaze to the floor. She had not said a word the entire time.

Junki smiled in triumph at his friends and slung his arm around Jaekyung's shoulders. "Yeah can't believe it huh? We're together now." he held onto Jaekyung's hand and pressed a kiss to her fingertips. "Hmm baby?"

L wanted to hurl something at Junki. No, he wanted to find a knife and stab that darn bastard a million times. Who cared if he went to prison.

Before L knew what he was doing, he had gone over and flung Junki away from Jaekyung, making the latter fall on the ground in a very not-glamorous way.

He wordlessly took Jaekyung's hand and tugged her with him, ignoring her cries of protest as he shoved her into the nearest empty classroom and locked the door behind them so that no one could look in.

He turned to her, his eyes glazing with fury and disbelief. Jaekyung cowered, regretting every moment of her decision but also knowing she had no other way of solving this.

"What the are you doing?" L cursed, not bothering about his use of vulgarities. "Why are you letting that bastard touch you and kiss your hands?"

Jaekyung flinched. She stared at the ground. "Junki and I are together now." she whispered.

L felt the world fall from his feet. He hadn't dared believe what the bastard had said out there, but hearing it from her lips had effectively killed him.

"What are you talking about?" L shook her. "Jaekyung you can't do this! This is Kim Junki! The bastard that bullied you for three years of high school and now you're together with him? Damn it!"

Jaekyung bit her lip, her tears gathering in her eyes. There were shouts from outside as Junki banged on the door, demanding for his girlfriend.

L ignored the fuss from outside and stared at her. "He said he was mean to me because he likes me and he doesn't know how to show it." Jaekyung protested weakly. "He actually likes me, Myungsoo."

"Bull." L retorted without missing a beat. "If that guy likes you what about me? I love you, Jaekyung. I love you to the moon and back, damn it. Why are you doing this?" he ran his fingers through his hair frustratedly, still in a state of shock.

"I told you, we aren't meant to be, Myungsoo." Jaekyung whispered. "You better give me up and start loving Chaekyung."

L's eyes rounded and he stared at Jaekyung as if he only just knew her. "So this is what it's all about? Chaekyung? Is your life only about Chaekyung?" he shrilled.

He shook her again, leaning his forehead against hers. "What about yourself, Jaekyung? What about me? What about us?" he pleaded. "Please don't do this to us, you can't destroy this. It's too precious and special. We have something, don't do this please."

Jaekyung wanted to cry. L was begging her, begging no less. She wanted to hug him back and tell him she loved him back. She wanted to cheer that gloomy desperate face up.

But she couldn't.

"There's nothing between us, Myungsoo." She whispered. "There isn't and there never will be. There is no us."

L flinched. "You don't mean that." he croaked. "Jaekyung you wouldn't act like you are now if you didn't feel anything for me."

He wiped a tear of her cheek that she hadn't even noticed leaked out of her eyes. "You wouldn't be suffering like I am if you didn't love me back. You wouldn't look at me with those pained soulful eyes of yours. You wouldn't blush or unconsciously lean towards me when I touch you. You love me, Jaekyung. Please don't run away from this."

Jaekyung stared up at him, her heart thudding madly in her chest. *I love you. I love you I really do. But-*

"I'm sorry. I'm afraid you are mistaken." Jaekyung took a step back. "My boyfriend is now Junki so I would appreciate if you kept your hands to yourself from now onwards, Myungsoo. My threats remain real, do not hurt Chaekyung. If there isn't anything else..."

Jaekyung side stepped him and walked to the door. She took a deep breath and wiped her cheeks before opening it.

Junki stumbled in and eyed Jaekyung and L. L's back was faced from the crowd as he stared blankly into space. Junki made a face and took Jaekyung's hand. "Baby did he hurt you?"

"No." Jaekyung shook her head. *He never will.* she faked a smile. "Let's go, Junki. We're late for class."

"Hm okay." Junki sent one last doubtful look at L before following Jaekyung away.

The infinite boys approached L cautiously, closing the door behind them so that the other nosy crowd could not see. "L? Are you okay?" Sungyeol touched his shoulder.

L turned around, his face grim. "!" he cursed, kicking a table. "! ! Bastard! Die in hell, Kim Junki!"

Woohyun softened and sighed softly, shaking his head.

L stopped, his hands clenched and panting loudly. "There's something she's not telling me." he whispered. "I don't believe there is one sister in the world who would sacrifice everything for her sibling. Not like this. Not unless something has happened and she's keeping it from me."

"You really think there's something like that?" Hoya asked.

L nodded. "I've known Jaekyung for sometime. The words she uses, the phrases she blurts in times of distress. There's something she's keeping from all of us. I have to find what that is."

"Only when I know what is keeping her away from me, can I finally get her to admit what's in her heart."

"You're not giving up, then?" Dongwoo grinned.

L turned to look at his friends. "I wasn't lying when I told her that."

"I will never let her go."