Going in circles

The Dull One

"And so, as you can see how media can influence the public very deeply from the example of the 1994 Rwanda war." Teacher Lee smiled at the class. "I shall conclude this chapter by asking you guys to write me a short write up on your reflections of this war, of the Hutus and the Tutsis, of the use of media in this whole conflict. You can fifteen minutes to write me two paragraphs. Hand it up by the end of the lesson."

Jaekyung nodded and quickly got out her paper. She grabbed her pen enthusiastically and starting writing furiously, not at all caring about the neatness of her handwriting as she tried to keep up with the flow of her ideas.

L watched her from the side with a small smile. This was the type of girl he fell for. Who cared about cheerleaders and pretty babes when you have someone like her?

Sungyeol rolled his eyes and whacked L on the head. "Stop staring and start writing. You've got to hand it up by the end of the lesson." he hissed.

L made a face and got out his paper. He glanced at Jaekyung and saw that she had already filled half the page within a matter of five minutes. He bit back a grin and started his own reflection.

-----

"-and so as you can see, when you assume Pk is true, you will prove Pk+1 is true which will prove that the entire statement is true. This is the essence of induction." Teacher Han taught. "So let's look at the first statement. It states summation of AR to the power of n is equals to-"

Jaekyung blinked when a piece of paper landed on her desk.

She turned to L where the paper had bounced from and he sent her a wink. Jaekyung pinked and cleared , opening the piece of paper gingerly, darting glances here and there. She hadn't done anything like this before, especially during class.

Let's go out today afternoon. Lee Jaekyung, I'm booking you for a date today.

Jaekyung hung her head, letting her hair cover her face as she blushed pink. Oh L.

She bit her lip and quickly wrote a reply back. She crushed the paper and glanced at him and saw the sides of his lips curling up in a smile.

Jerk, he knew she was dodgy about something like passing notes in class.

Jaekyung glanced at the teacher once more before she abruptly threw the paper ball on L's desk. Her heart was thudding loudly, nervous from her "bad student" act.

L grinned to himself as he eagerly opened her reply.

No, I'm not going out on a date with a guy who has a girlfriend, Myungsoo. Stop before Teacher Han sees!

*Expected.* L didn't even flinch. He jotted a reply back and he threw the paper ball without looking. It landed on her lap.

Jaekyung bit her lip and looked around again, cautious. She wondered if anyone saw.

L saw her looking around in that dodgy nervous manner of hers again and he chuckled softly. That was too cute.

Jaekyung opened the paper ball and wrinkled her nose at his message.

Precisely why I should be allowed to break up with Chaekyung. If I didn't love you so much and feared I'd die if you ignored me, I would have broken up with her a long time ago.

Jaekyung coughed and cleared , her cheeks pinking. If I didn't love you so much, if I didn't love you so much, if I didn't love you so much...

*Ah Lee Jaekyung stop it!* she shook her head, knocking her own forehead. L laughed softly and shook his head, looking in front at the teacher as Teacher Han looked at his direction just then.

*Babo. She's so fun to tease.* L grinned.

-----

Jaekyung was trying to avoid L's little tricks like that the entire day, and she was beyond relieved that the school day ended. L approached her desk so that he could talk to her and Jaekyung bounced up from her chair. "Teacher Han, I volunteer!"

Teacher Han blinked. "Oh really? That's so kind of you. If you don't mind, the rag is just in the cleaner's storeroom."

"Arraso. I'll go get it." Jaekyung nodded anad darted out of the door.

L huffed and pouted. Dongwoo patted his shoulder and laughed softly. "Fighting, dude. She's a tough nut to crack, especially when she wouldn't hurt her sister no matter what happens."

"I know." L muttered. "But I'm not going to give up no matter what."

"This is strange," Sungjong grinned. "Hearing hyung sound so determined and in love, in contrast to the bland days when he was with Chaekyung. So different."

"That's because he didn't love her." Sunggyu flicked Sungjong's head. "Next time there's a girl in any of the other Infinite member's life, we should NEVER give any advice. Ever."

L laughed and nodded, agreeing. He looked out at where Jaekyung had gone and a smirk crept onto his face. So she was dodging him? He would give chase.

L went to the cleaner's storeroom and heard someone shuffling inside, looking for something. L peeked in and saw Jaekyung scratching her head, looking around for the rag Teacher Han was talking about.

L slipped through the door and crept up behind her, her peach scent filling his nose. "Boo." he whispered.

Jaekyung let out a squeal of surprise and turned around, staggering backwards. L grabbed her waist and pulled her to him before she could crash into the shelf of supplies. She fell against his chest instead, her face directly in front of his.

Her eyes were wide as she stared at him in surprise. L grinned and leaned forward, pecking her lips.

Jaekyung gasped and scrambled backwards, pushing him away. She wiped her lips with the back of his hands and shot him a look. "What are you doing here!" she hissed. She looked at the door and was relieved to see it was closed. "And what do you think you're doing!"

"Nothing much, now." L shrugged innocently. "But if you want me to do something, I can." he wriggled his brows.

Jaekyung blushed red and she elbowed him, grabbing the rag from the shelf which she didn't know how she could have missed in the first place. "Stop your nonsense, Myungsoo."

She darted out of the storeroom and L grinned. His hands went to his lips and he his bottom lip, smiling. "Peach again." he murmured. "I'm beginning to like that fruit a lot."

-----

To keep up with the boyfriend act since he really didn't want Jaekyung to ignore him or cut all ties with him, L fetched Chaekyung home while Jaekyung was in school helping to clean the classroom.

He sped through the lanes like a maniac and reached the Lee house within record time. Chaekyung gulped and unbuckled her seatbelt. "Are you in a rush to go somewhere, L oppa?" she asked, looking pale from the ride.

"Yeah, actually I am." L nodded.

"Arraso. See you tomorrow, L oppa." Chaekyung waved, getting out of the car quickly. L gave her a quick nod and drove off quickly, speeding through the streets again. Chaekyung scratched her head. "I wonder where he's going." she murmured.

L went back to the school again and the guard at the door was surprised to see him again. "Forgot to bring something home?"

"Yeah. A very important something." L nodded with a grin.

L strode back to the classroom quickly and was glad to see Jaekyung hadn't left. She was in the middle of scrubbing the windows, humming a little tune while she listened to her iPod and going cutely out of tune.

L grinned and he got into the classroom, closing the doors behind him.

"Shy shy shy boy, oh oh oh my boy." Jaekyung hummed, doing a little dance while she scrubbed. L laughed silently and crept up to her from behind, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Jaekyung gasped and spun around in his arms, her eyes wide. "You're still here."

"Hm." L pulled the ear plugs from her ears and fixed her hair. He looked around at the classroom that looked much cleaner than before and he grinned. "Wow, not bad. I can foresee our home being very clean in the future."

Jaekyung pinked and darted away. "Excuse me? Our home?" she muttered. "Who said I would be staying with you?"

"Since you will be my wife." L stared at her earnestly, not flinching. Jaekyung felt her cheeks heat up and she quickly averted her gaze, clearing .

"What are you doing here, Myungsoo? You should be sending Chae home." Jaekyung picked up the rag she dropped and started scrubbing the windows again.

"Been there, done that." L muttered, amused. So he had the capabilities to make her blush, that was good news.

"So you should spend more time with her." Jaekyung advised. "Stop coming here and harrassing me." she shot him a look.

L closed the gap between them and raised his brows. "Who said I was here to harrass you?"

Jaekyung brightened. "You aren't? Good." she sighed in relief. "I was getting a little scared of your tricks. You should stop passing papers in class, Myungsoo. It's not right. And sending messages too, what if you miss out something important that the teacher-"

"Who said I wasn't?" L cut in again.

Jaekyung faltered and blinked up at him. "Neh?"

L's lips curled up in a smile and he tilted her head up. "I don't harrass you, Jaekyung. I love you." he pressed his lips to hers.

 

 

 

"I haven't had a chance to talk to L oppa for a long long time." Chaekyung sighed softly as she laid on Jaekyung's bed, watching her sister type the new article.

Jaekyung froze, her fingers stopping on the keyboard. Chaekyung didn't notice as she hugged the pillow, staring at the ceiling.

"I wonder what L oppa is busy with these days." Chaekyung murmured. "He seems distant and a littl out of sorts, as if there's something always on his mind. I wonder what it is."

Jaekyung choked on her saliva and she grabbed her hot chocolate, taking a large gulp. The drink scalded her tongue and she squeezed her eyes shut, panting. "Woah, hot!"

Chaekyung looked up and laughed softly, tossing a sweet to her sister. "Unnie you're behaving strange too. You aren't usually so careless." she mused. "Do you know what L oppa is busy with these days?"

Jaekyung cleared and stared at the computer screen. "I have no idea."