Woohyun's Suspicions

The Dull One

The little schedule of theirs continued on for the next week.

L would only be able to see Chaekyung during lunch break, which was only 45 minutes and they were being ed by a great ten other people.

He didn't really feel the loss anyway, hence he didn't mind. Chaekyung felt a little sad that she didn't get time to spend with L, and she really wanted to join her sister and boyfriend at the library but she knew she could do nothing to help and would end up being a nuisance, so she didn't.

Once school ended, L and Jaekyung would make their way to the school library together (where many fangirls would seethe angrily at Jaekyung an L would glare at them), booked their usual table at the corner and start their research.

They would do that for a great six hours, from 2pm when school ended till 8pm at night, and L would send Jaekyung home to her doorstep.

It was tiring, yes. Facing the books for a great many hours was indeed tiring, and on many occasions Jaekyung heard L's stomach growling which embarrassed him beyond belief.

However she would magically produce some home baked cookies from her bag ever since she first heard his stomach growl, and when he bit into the chocolate sweetness, he knew he arrived in heaven.

L grew used to the new schedule in no time, and Mrs Kim was surprised to see that her son had no complaints whatsoever about this, and even seemed to enjoy it.

When she talked to Mr Kim about it, her husband gave her a mysterious smile. "Who do you think is the one he's staying so late at school with?"

Mrs Kim racked her brains. "Is it Lee Jaekyung? The elder sister?"

When Mr Kim nodded, everything made sense. Mrs Kim gave a small smile, and couldn't help but feel her son was already growing up.

That day was Monday, a week from the first time they had been assigned the task to write the essay. Jaekyung was three quarters through hers and L was nearly there.

Both of them were seated quietly at their usual spot, typing away at their laptops silently while L occasionally messaged her and his messages would pop up on her screen, distracting her flow of thoughts.

But she didn't mind. He was cute that way.

And when she looked over to him questioningly, L would pretend he did no such thing and even dared to hush her because they were in the library. Heh if it wasn't for that cute smile, she would have slammed that book on his head.

L looked over his laptop at her. "Lee Jaekyung." he whispered.

Jaekyung didn't look up from her screen and she reached into her bag, picked out a paper bag and tossed it to him. L grinned and picked at one of cookies. "I've fallen in love with your cookies." he murmured.

Jaekyung sent an amused lance at him. "You fall in love easily."

"I beg to differ." L munched on the cookie. "I don't fall in love easily at all, but once I do, I fall hard." he held up and cookie and pretended to worship it.

Jaekyung stifled a giggle and bit her lip. Aigoo.

L's phone vibrated and he stuffed the remaining bits of the cookie into his mouth, digging for his phone. His brows raised when he saw that it was Chaekyung.


To: L oppa

Oppa, are you free to come out now? Bring unnie along too. I'm just outside the library.

From: Chaekyung



L passed his phone to Jaekyung who read the message. What was Chaekyung up to?

L stood up to go and gestured for her to follow, but Jaekyung remained on her seat. Should she go? L hadn't spent any time alone with Chaekyung at all for the past week, this was the only chance to do so.

If she went, she would be the biggest lightbulb ever. But if she let L go himself....she didn't know why she felt uneasy at the thought of L and Chaekyung together alone.

However, she stuck by her mind instead of her heart. "It's okay. You can meet her. If its something really important, you can text me then. I'll just stay here."

L frowned. "Why? Take a breather." he tugged in her wrist. "We're cooped up in this air conditioned room for hours. We should take in some fresh air." he nudged her.

Jaekyung swallowed. "It's okay, Myungsoo just go without me. Don't keep her waiting."

L sighed and knocked her head. "Arraso. I'll be back soon."

"There's no need to. Take your time." she murmured. L stopped in his steps and looked back at her, his expression unreadable. "Oh."

He seemed to have understood her intentions and his face instantly downed. He turned around without a second glance and stalked out of the library.

He wasn't going to take his time, whether she wanted it or not. He just wanted to return to her side as quickly as possible and he was going to do just that.

-----

"You baked me cupcakes?" L's eyes rounded in surprise as he took the container from Chaekyung's hands. "Wow."

Chaekyung giggled lightly and blushed. "I have to warn you though, I'm not a good baker."

"Nonsense." L shook his head. "I remember those cupcakes you gave me in the past, before we started dating. Those were freaking delici-" he faltered as he opened the top.

There were four cupcakes inside. From his angle, he could see the cupcake inside was slightly burnt and brown. The cream on top was smeared on messily and the hearts she drew were crooked.

It was a hell lot different from the original cupcakes she made him in the past.

"Uhm." L didn't know what to say. Blatantly lie and tell her she did a good job this time too? Because no she didn't.

"Ah this is awkward." Chaekyung pinked and played with her fingers behind her back. "Where's unnie?"

L faked a smile. "She's back inside, unwilling to leave her laptop." *Because she wants us to have time together.*

"Ah." Chaekyung swallowed. She watched intently as L raised one of the cupcakes to his mouth and he smiled at her, giving it a large encouraging bite.

He instantly stopped midway and bit the piece off, chewing with his brows furrowed. His hands came to his mouth and he spit something out.

He raised his brows, amused. "Chaekyung, I think you're supposed to crack the egg in. Not put the egg in its entirety together with its shell."

Chaekyung's eyes widened and she flushed red with embarrassment. "Omo! That piece of shell must have dropped in without me knowing!" she bit her lip. "Mianhae."

"It's okay." L shook his head assuringly. "It's still edible. I'll leave two for Jaekyung later." he smiled.

Chaekyung shifted uncomfortably and looked at him. "Actually, L oppa." she murmured sheepishly. "Remember the cupcakes I gave you in the past? Those perfectly made ones?"

L nodded. He started to drool just thinking about those.

"Actually I didn't make them!" Chaekyung squeezed her eyes shut. "I'm so sorry I lied, L oppa! Unnie was the one who made them!"

L blinked and he stared down at her cupcakes. Why wasn't he surprised?

Jaekyung even helped Chaekyung make the confession letter, so why not mere cupcakes?

L smiled. "It's okay, really." he muttered. "It doesn't matter."

"It does!" Chaekyung slumped guiltily. "I felt really bad but at that time, I couldn't tell you about unnie yet. And I just....I wanted to get into your good books. I'm so sorry L oppa!"

L ruffled her hair like a big brother would to his little sister. "It's really okay." he smiled, genuinely this time. "Don't worry about jr. Just learn from Jaekyung and some day you'll be able to bake as well as her."

Chaekyung broke into a small smile. "Hehe I'll try L oppa. Someday I'll bake heavenly cupcakes for you and unnie!"

L smiled. He didn't know why he suddenly felt like a father who felt the satisfaction when his daughter announced that she loved him and his wife.

He must be going mad.







"Yoomi, why must we go to the library again?" Woohyun muttered as he chucked his hands into his pockets. "I don't like the library. It's so quiet."

Yoomi laughed and hooked her hands on Woohyun's arm. Woohyun naturally detached her grip, only to pull her by the waist so that she could lean against him.

"Woohyun oppa, I have to find a book so I can write up on it for the assignment." she chuckled in amusement. "Don't you want me to do well."

"You sure know how to twist your words." Woohyun twisted her nose. "Arraso. Where is that darn book?" he led her to the library.

While Yoomi was away at the shelves looking for an appropriate book she could write up on, Woohyun picked up a car magazine and sat down on one of the chairs to wait for her.

He yawned.

The library environment really wasn't for someone like him. He couldn't stand the cold, the quietness, the entire feeling of being in there. He hoped Yoomi would find her book quickly.

He began flipping through the magazine with two people outside the library caught his eye. He saw L waving at Chaekyung and the latter smiling back as she bade her boyfriend goodbye.

*Aww. Cute couple.* Woohyun grinned.

When L returned to the library and walked past Woohyun, he didn't know why he hid his face behind the magazine as his eyes followed L. L didn't even notice his hyung right there, his attention completely focused on the person he was looking at.

Lee Jaekyung.

Just before he reached her, L stopped and opened the container Chaekyung had passed to him. He flicked some of the cream onto his finger and closed the lid back, grinning.

Woohyun watched in interest as L crept up at Jaekyung from behind, suddenly attacking her and smearing the cream on her cheek.

Jaekyung gave a soft squeal of surprise and almost stumbled off the chair. L chuckled silently and righted her in the chair, looking like he was completely enjoying himself.

Jaekyung shot him a look and tried finding a piece of tissue from her bag.

What happened next made Woohyun straighten slightly.

L leaned forward without a moment's hesitation and he actually wiped the cream off her cheek with his thumb. He then wiped the cream away on one of the pieces of tissue that Chaekyung had prepared.

Jaekyung gave him another not-very-fierce glare and L just smiled, using the tissue to clean off the remaining cream on her cheek that his thumb wasn't able to.

Why couldn't he use the tissue from the beginning? If he had tissues, why didn't he just just them to her to do it herself?

Woohyun watched on, his heart sinking heavily.

Jaekyung peered at the container L brought with him curiously, and Woohyun guessed that she demanded to know what was in it.

And L, yes the L that was famous for being socially awkward with girls, yes that very L, he actually held the container away from her and said something.

Must have been teasing, because Jaekyung kicked his leg under the table and L stumbled in shock.

He pouted, not of real bitterness but more jokingly, and passed her the container.

Jaekyung opened it eagerly and her eyes lit up when she saw two messily made cupcakes from Chaekyung. She looked absolutely delighted that her sister made something for her.

And as Woohyun watched, he felt as if his worst fears were coming true.

L didn't do anything but just watch contently as Jaekyung ate the cupcakes. His lips were permanently curled upwards in a small smile and his eyes were tender and soft.

Hell, that was how Woohyun looked like when he looked at Yoomi.

"Woohyun oppa?"

Woohyun nearly fell off his chair since he had been leaning so far off while he was spying on this whole affair.

"Y-yeah?"

Yoomi laughed softly and pulled him up to stand. "I'm done, oppa. We can go now."

"Oh yeah? Good." Woohyun said distractedly. He absent-mindedly pressed a kiss to her temple. "Go register the book with the librarian and I'll meet you outside."

Yoomi nodded and left. Woohyun stayed where he was, his eyes trailing to L and Jaekyung.

A lump came into his throat. *Cross my fingers and I pray to whatever higher being there is, please don't let my suspicions be true.*

Woohyun swallowed the lump as he watched L.

"Because if it's true, L you're in freaking deep ."