Behind those Glasses

The Dull One

The next day was real sunny, hence the gang decided to go for a game of beach volley ball before they were to return the next morning.

Chaekyung was in absolute high spirits and couldn't stop smiling the entire time. Jaekyung felt comforted that her sister was now happy, but at the same time troubled herself because she couldn't really get her own emotions. It was like she was in no control over them any longer, and she began to feel and think in ways she never thought she would.

Chaekyung was happily bouncing along the beach with her friends, looking cute as always and attracting a hell lot of attention from the other hunks on the beach. She didn't mind them since she was used to all this, and L was the only one she saw anyway.

The babes and hunks at the beach were greeted with a wondrous sight when they saw the Infinite boys and Chaekyung with her friends walking down the white sandy beach. L donned a white tank top and palm tree printed pants and slippers, paired with a straw woven hat and sunglasses.

*He really looks like he's here for a photoshoot.* Jaekyung inwardly thought. She noted how most of the girls would usually look at L first when they saw Infinite and she could understand why. He wasn't the visual for nothing.

And then after the first impression was set, the girls would then turn to the other members and start taking their pick out of the seven. Hoya was the most popular out of them at places like the beach because he had the body to show and he dared show it, walking around shirtless and not feeling embarrassed at all.

The gang chose a nice spot where it was shady and set their things down, with the girls getting out their sunblocks. Woohyun whined for Yoomi to help him rub it on his back and instead got a knock on his head. L did a messy job for himself but didn't really care.

He saw Jaekyung looking out at the sea with a smile on her face and couldn't help but smile himself.

"Happy?" L asked, plopping himself next to her on the plastic chair. Jaekyung looked at him with raised brows, till she remembered last night. "Hm yeah." she nodded, swallowing.

No matter how many times she thought about it, she realized her happiness came from the knowledge that L didn't kiss Chaekyung on the lips. And she had no idea why she felt that way.

Hence she decided not to think about it at all. Problem solved.

L leaned back with a smile. "Good." he murmured. *All that jitters weren't for nothing then.* He blushed when he rememebred the previous night and his difficulty.

-----

PREVIOUS NIGHT

L took a deep breath, staring at the wooden door. "You can do this, L." he muttered. "It's just a freaking kiss. Don't you want to lose your first kiss? You've got a girlfriend so go and kiss her!"

He knocked on the door, his heart thudding hard in his chest. Chaekyung came to open the door and she looked absolutely delighted to see her. "L oppa!"

"Uh hi." L looked beyond her and saw Jaekyung sitting on the very same bed he had lain on a few hours ago, reading a book like always. He thought she looked rather adorable wearing a large oversized tee to bed.

L shifted his gaze to his girlfriend in front of him and bit his lip. "Uhm, want to take a walk before bed?"

Chaekyung brightened visibly, obviously delighted. "Sure!" she looked back at her sister. "Unnie I'll be back soon!" Jaekyung nodded, glancing at L again. L didn't know why he felt warm all of a sudden.

And they took the walk.

L just needed to prompt a question, asking if she enjoyed the day, and Chaekyung had no problem holding the entire conversation herself by blabbing non stop. They took a walk around the entire area of their block before returning to the room again.

"I really had a great time today, L oppa." Chaekyung beamed. "Thank you for inviting us here."

"No problem." L smiled stiffly. He cleared his throat. "Uh Chaekyung can you close your eyes? I have something to give you."

Chaekyung looked even more happy than he ever thought imaginable and closed her eyes, holding out her hands eagerly. L leaned forward towards her eyes, his heart thudding loudly in his chest.

He could feel her breath on his face, her lavender scent. Those pink cute lips that were pursed with anticipation, begging to be kissed.

L shut his eyes and forced himself forward. *You can do this. It's just one kiss. One kiss.*

But at the last moment, L veered off his original route and landed his lips quickly on her cheek instead. Chaekyung looked immensely surprised and her hand flew to her cheek, her eyes wide. "L oppa."

"Uh, goodnight." L darted off as quickly as he could, cursing himself. He peeked from behind the pillar and saw Chaekyung squealing to herself, doing a happy dance.

So maybe a kiss on the cheeks did the job as well.

L took out his phone and pressed a message to Jaekyung, hoping what he did would have the desired results.


-----

"What are you doing there, L?" Sungyeol rolled his eyes. "Come on you're at the beach! You've got to strip and look y! Run with the waves!"

L gagged. "No thank you."

Dongwoo laughed and pulled L up. "He's exaggerating but he's right." he grinned. "Come on, we're starting the game soon." He looked at Jaekyung. "We're odd numbered without you, Jaekyung. You've got to play too."

Jaekyung's eyes rounded. "Me?" she pointed to herself. "But I at sports."

L found himself smirking as he leaned forwards. "Okay guys, let's strike a deal. If you can get Lee Jaekyung to play beach volley ball, I'll play too."

...

And that was how Jaekyung found herself on the beach with her wrists bright red, trying hard to not cause her team to lose. Sunggyu, Sungjong, Woohyun, Yoomi, Bomi and Soomi were in one team. So naturally the other team consisted of Hoya, Sungyeol, Dongwoo, L, Chaekyung and Jaekyung.

Jaekyung's lack of sport genes was more than made up for by Hoya. That guy was some sort of machine and he kept catching the balls and striking it at the other team. Sungjong was even hit by the ball on the head once.

Sungyeol was good for defending since he was so tall, while the rest of them tried to cooperate with the captain Hoya's hollers and orders.

"Get the ball L!" Hoya screamed. "To your right!"

L dove for the ball, hitting it up in the air before he crashed on the sand. The ball bounced towards Jaekyung and she gulped, closing her eyes and hitting it with all her might.

The ball flew up high in the sky in a straight vertical line, and Chaekyung rushed to it, smacking it over the net.

SCOREEEE!!!!

Chaekyung grinned and high fived her sister, helping L up from the ground. L grinned at Jaekyung. "Not bad, Lee Jaekyung." Jaekyung rolled her eyes and shook her head, grinning.

The game carried on for a bit until a certain little accident occured.

Sunggyu was beyond mad at that point of time since his team was losing. The Leader Gyu was obviously pissed because he didn't like losing and he was commanding his team mates to do a better job.

"Yoomi! You've got to smack it to the other side, like what Chaekyung is doing okay?" Sunggyu demanded. "More force."

Woohyun frowned and elbowed his hyung. "Dude, this is my girl you're shouting at."

Sunggyu frowned and grabbed the ball. "Whatever, we've got to win this."

He threw the ball high in the air and made a wonderful spike to the other side. It was a really miraculous spike from him, full of power and accuracy.

The only thing was that it was headed for Jaekyung.

Jaekyung's eyes widened and she gaped at the ball as it zoomed towards her. "Jaekyung!" L hollered for her to move.

Too late.

The ball hit Jaekyung squarely on the face and Jaekyung stumbled onto the ground, whimpering. Her glasses fell off her face and her forehead was burning with pain. Who knew it was so painful to be hit by a ball?

L rushed to her side immediately, followed by Chaekyung and the rest. ", Lee Jaekyung." L helped her sit up. "You okay?"

Jaekyung opened her eyes, slightly unfocused. There was this nagging pain in her head that wouldn't go away. "Unnie, does it hurt really badly?" Chaekyung asked worriedly.

Jaekyung forced a smile, looking up.

Which was when she heard L gasp. She turned to him and saw his eyes large as saucers as he scanned her face. His jaw was wide open and he was gulping for air.

Jaekyung took a sharp intake of breath when she realized her glasses had fallen off and she quickly picked them up, shoving them to her face. "Wait what-" L frowned.

"Chae, can you help me over there. I don't want to play anymore." Jaekyung quickly muttered.

Chaekyung nodded and helped her sister over dutifully, with Sunggyu apologizing the whole way.

L was still squatting at the same position he was at, staring at the sand in utter disbelief. "She looks..." he swallowed.

Perfect, he finished in his mind.

He never thought one freaking pair of glasses could do that much difference for someone. Jaekyung was looking better than ever today because she actually borrowed some of Chaekyung's clothes that day.

L was already thinking how pretty she looked that day when BAM! The freaking glasses fell of and it was the first time he had the chance to see how she actually looked.

And she was just darn beautiful.

L didn't think she was those striking beauties like Chaekyung was. Her beauty was softer, more of the charm she eluded than the actual face.

But without those glasses, L could clearly see those hazel nut coloured eyes for the first time and....they were beautiful. Everything about her was.

Her lips, her eyes, her nose...even her ear lobes. Damn him he was sounding like a freak.

L slowly stood up and glanced at Jaekyung who avoided his eyes since he was the first one to see how she really looked like.

*I shouldn't even have been surprised.* he thought. *A girl with a beautiful heart. Of course she has a beautiful face. But just why must she hide it?*







"Chaekyung ah," L looked over to his girlfriend. The gang was having their last dinner at the resort before they were returning home and the gang was sure making full use of all facilities.

"Yeah L oppa?" Chaekyung asked while she cut the fruits clumsily. Jaekyung had originally volunteered for the task but Chaekyung wanted to do it and L took the chance to help her since he wanted to talk.

"I was wondering..." He frowned. "Do you know why Jaekyung dresses up the way she does? Why does she hide her face?"

Chaekyung slowly turned around, processing what she heard. "Oh!" she realized. "You saw her face when we glasses slipped! At the beach volley ball game!"

L nodded sheepishly. "Yeah. So why?"

Chaekyung let out a small sigh. "To be honest? I don't know." she shrugged. "Maybe I do but I don't remember anymore."

L looked positively confused and Chaekyung giggled. "I haven't told you before haven't I?" Chaekyung shrugged. "I got into an accident when I was thirteen and I lost some of my memories. For about two years. So I don't really know what happened then."

"Oh." L blinked, not expecting. "How are the injuries now?"

"I've recovered." Chaekyung grinned. "Good as new. I can create new memories to replace those I missed." she shrugged.

She looked at L. "About unnie, I think what happened to her happened within the time frame of memories I forgot." she admitted. "Umma told me it was something about unnie's first love. No details, but I kind of guessed maybe the guy broke her heart and she chose to hide her face instead."

L frowned. He remembered what she had said before.

"How can you be sure they like the real you and not your popularity or looks?"

*So that's why?* L finally understood a little, why Jaekyung was that way.

He zoned out, completely forgetting about the fruits.

*Whoever that guy was, he's a bastard.* he frowned. *If only there's a way for Jaekyung to return to the way she was. I don't like her hiding anymore.*