Chemistry

The Dull One

There were a lot of other visitors around in the resort since it was the break, and Infinite blended in with the other tourists even though they looked every bit korean. Their enthusiasm rivaled any other tourist, especially Sungjong who brought a camera everywhere he went and snapped pictures of everything.

The gang woke up fresh the next day, having a good night's sleep and they went exploring around the resort. There was a small village near them that catered tourists and the gang went there to look around.

"Omo look at that!" Sungjong pointed at a cute fish sculpture. "Hoya hyung help me take a picture!" he shoved his DSLR to the unlucky Hoya and darted over to the sculpture and posed cutely beside it.

Hoya grumbled under his breath and snapped a photo, not bothering to consider the lighting or angle or any of the .

"Hyung! You haven't even adjusted the lenses!" Sungjong huffed.

Hoya scowled. "Do I look like your private photographer?" he snapped. "Aish ask someone else." he shoved the camera back at the maknae.

Sungjong muttered under his breath and pouted. "Meanie."

The gang arrived at a really cute section of the village with a signboard that said "ROMANTIC LOVE VILLAGE".

"What's this place?" Soomi asked curiously. L looked up from the map he got from his uncle. "My uncle said this village is for couples." he recalled. "They have games for couples and cute shops around, and it's supposedly catered for couples only." he looked up. "So I'm assuming we're not going in?"

"Are you kidding me?" Woohyun rolled his eyes. He pulled Yoomi along into that part of the village. "We're going."

L blinked in surprise and looked at the rest of the Infinite boys. "Yes, we're going." Sunggyu nodded with a grin. "Who cares if we're single?"

"But-" L scratched his head.

Chaekyung laughed and hooked her hands through L's arm. "Oh come on, L oppa!" she giggled. "It must be fun!" she pulled him along with the rest of the gang.

L looked back in hesitation at Jaekyung who just laughed. She smiled softly and looked at the signboard again. Romantic Love Village.

"I really wonder if there would be a day when I come somewhere like this with a boyfriend." she murmured thoughtfully.

"NOONA HURRY UP!" Sungjong called from the front. "I don't care about hyungs but I don't want to appear single! Pretend to be my girlfriend noona!"

Jaekyung shook her head in amusement and let Sungjong drag her in. She didn't know if there would be a day when she would get a boyfriend. But she did know she felt happy with these people right now.

 

 

 

"Welcome all couples!" a jolly man grinned. "Welcome to the place of love and trust! You love her? You adore him? Are you sure?" he grinned. "Because here, we test your love for one another to the greatest extent! If you don't have the courage to take the test, don't take it!"

The gang whispered amongst themselves.

There was a stage in the middle of the village where it attracted the most number of people. It was a live game show that went on and on and on where couples could go up for the challenge. If they managed to win out of the three couples, they would get to win a pair of shopping vouchers.

It wasn't so much of the shopping vouchers that attracted the people, it was the fact that it was where you could test your love for your lover. Did you two know each other well enough? Were you two meant for each other?

The questions weren't always insightful or they might not necessarily mean something, but it was some sort of a pride thing where couples could see if they really did know each other better than other couples out there.

Girls usually adored the place since they were infatuated with the idea of soulmates and romanticism, while some of the guys would usually be afraid of taking the tests.

Woohyun wasn't one of those guys.

"Babe, let's go for the test!" He grinned, pulling Yoomi up the stage. Yoomi hadn't had a chance to voice out her response before the emcee already announced them. "Welcome to the new couple! Two more couples for the next game to start? Anymore people?"

Chaekyung bit her lip in interest and she glanced at L. L didn't seem interested, the thought of joining this game never entered his mind.

"L oppa." Chaekyung tugged on his arm.

L blinked and raised his brows. "Wait...don't tell me you want to-"

"Yeah oppa." Chaekyung giggled. "It'd be fun! We don't need to win, it's just getting to know each other better. Everyone knows that Woohyun oppa and Yoomi will win the game. Come on." she pleaded.

L glanced at the stage and went pale. Seriously? If you asked him to sing and dance up there, he would gladly do it instead of this game.

More than anything, he was afraid that he would get every answer wrong. Even though he and Chaekyung had dated for almost two months, they were still really foreign. Take a test right now? Damn it.

"Chaekyung..." L gulped. "I don't think this is a good idea."

"Pretty please, L oppa?" Chaekyung pleaded. "It'd be fun!" L didn't know why but he looked towards Jaekyung at that moment. Jaekyung looked up at that instant while she was shaking her head as Sungjong was asking her to play the game with him as well. Just for the prizes.

Jaekyung looked equally distressed about this and L could totally relate. "L oppa...." Chaekyung continued to plead.

L sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "Oh alright." he relented. "Make sure your sister plays too." he added with an afterthought.

Chaekyung nodded and bounced towards Jaekyung, pulling her and Sungjong up the stage. Jaekyung looked absolutely horrified as she sat on the chair, gulping at the audience. She shot a look at L when she heard from Chaekyung that it was L that made Jaekyung go up to the stage.

L shrugged with a grin. "Suffer together." he mouthed.

The game started.

The girls and boys were given pink and blue boards and markers and a soft music was played. Each couple was faced away from each other and the girls faced another guy that wasn't her boyfriend.

Jaekyung was facing L.

"So first question for the boys," the emcee announced. "What fragrant scent of soap does your girlfriend use?"

Woohyun didn't even need to think as he scribbled an answer. Sungjong totally had no idea since he wasn't even Jaekyung's boyfriend and he popped a random answer. L scratched his head, wondering what he was supposed to write.

He didn't know what fragrant scent of soap Chaekyung used, but he kind of knew Jaekyung's. Hers was peach.

He didn't even realize he knew until he thought about it. It was like a fact that was inborn in him and he just knew without knowing. He scribbled that down, hoping that both sisters used the same soap.

They revealed their answers.

Yoomi: Rose    Woohyun: Rose

Chaekyung: Lavender    L: Peach

Jaekyung: Peach    Sungjong: Orange

"Congratulations to the Woohyun-Yoomi couple for the first point!" the emcee cheered. "Aww come on guys! This question was easy!" he laughed. "And L why did you name Jaekyung's scent instead? tsk tsk! Next question for the girls!"

Jaekyung erased her answer, hoping that she couldd get this.

"What is your boyfriend's secret ambition? It doesn't have to be a real secret ambition, it can be a joke between you two or anything." the emcee clarified. "So, ten seconds start now!"

Yoomi secretly smiled and wrote her answer down. Chaekyung wrote down what she thought L had mentioned before while Jaekyung wondered what Sungjong wanted to do. Dancer? Singer?

Jaekyung accidentally met L's gaze and he smirked at her. Jaekyung blushed.

Her hands moved before she knew it and the time was up and she didn't have the chance to wipe it off. Jaekyung mentally slapped herself. Oh god.

Yoomi: Singer    Woohyun: Singer

Chaekyung: Journalist    L: Bodyguard

Jaekyung: Bodyguard    Sungjong: Dancer

L chuckled at Jaekyung and she made a face at him. *He distracted me!* Jaekyung huffed as she wiped away her answer. Their little private joke about L being her bodyguard (chapter 35), she didn't think he would write that.

"Congratulations to Woohyun and Yoomi again!" the Emcee clapped. "Really the other two couples! Buck up! It's the last question! Don't want to lose without a point right? And what's with L and Jaekyung right there, getting the answers correct when you two aren't a couple? Aigoo!"

Jaekyung pinked and L cleared his throat.

"Last question!" the emcee grinned. "This is for the both of you. When, when did you two have your first kiss? Ten seconds, now!"

Woohyun smirked and unconsciously his lips while Yoomi pinked. Chaekyung stared at the board and looked empty while Jaekyung absolutely had no idea what to write. She and Sungjong weren't even dating!

"Reveal your answers now!"

Yoomi: Valentines Day in 2010    Woohyun: February 14 2010 at the beach near her house at approximately 8:43pm, underneath the fourth street lamp from the traffic light. Lasted for around 3 minutes before she broke away and blushed and-

Chaekyung: NIL    L: -Blank-

Jaekyung: Haven't kissed    Sungjong: TODAY!

The emcee raised his brows at Sungjong. "Did you two kiss today or not?" he looked confused. Sungjong glanced at Jaekyung's answer and pouted. "Aww noona!" Jaekyung just shrugged, smiling.

Chaekyung and L kind of got this point since both of them had sort of the same answer since they hadn't kissed before, but the winner was no doubt Woohyun and Yoomi. He would have written more if he had more time and Jaekyung had no doubt he would have written an entire paragraph if given the chance.

"Congratulations to Woohyun and Yoom! Here are your shopping vouchers!" the emcee passed them an envelope. The gang cheered and clapped while Jaekyung and L quickly darted down the stage, not liking the attention.

Chaekyung and Sungjong followed soon after and the gang laughed. "Sungjong, what were you and Jaekyung even doing up there!" Sungyeol laughed. "You two had no chemistry at all!"

Dongwoo nudged L. "Hey, you and Chaekyung haven't kissed?" he whispered.

L shrugged nonchalantly, not bothered. Jaekyung glanced at Chaekyung at this instant, knowing her sister heard Dongwoo's question.

Chaekyung lowered her head and bit her lip. Jaekyung shuffled over. "What's wrong, Chae?" she whispered.

Chaekyung forced a smile. "Nothing, just.." she glanced at L. "I never really thought about this, but now I realize just how much L oppa and I are lacking. We practically have no chemistry, unnie. We haven't even kissed." she murmured.

She sighed softly. "I guess I have to wait."

Jaekyung bit her lip, torn between wanting to help and having no basis to help. How could she help on this? It was the couple's problem.

And she was surprised L hadn't kissed Chaekyung. She thought he would have already by now.

And she had no idea why that prospect made her feel a little lighter and happier.