Holiday!

The Dull One

"Can you fathom this?" Chaekyung squealed. "A three-day stay in the Kim Resort KYAAAAA!!!!"

Mrs Lee laughed and shook her head while Mr Lee chuckled. "I think you'll scare your boyfriend off when he arrives to pick you two up later." he mused. He looked over at Jaekyung who had finished checking her luggage and was now rearranging the things in Chaekyung's.

"Jaekyung ah, have you got everything?" Mr Lee asked. "Enough money?"

"Yeah Appa, you already gave us enough." Jaekyung grinned. "You and umma have a nice long romantic break okay?" she giggled.

A one week vacation had arrived and there was a one week break for them all. L had invited all the Infinite boys together with Jaekyung, Chaekyung and her friends to the Kim family resort. It was run by Principal Kim's younger brother, who was also L's uncle.

Mr and Mrs Lee had taken this chance to plan a little three day trip for themselves to Jeju island while their daughters were away. The whole family had their own plans and they were looking forward to it immensely.

"Umma I heard the resort is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!" Chaekyung sang. "I searched for it on the internet and it's really gorgeous! L oppa is so nice isn't he umma?"

"Yes he's really nice." Mrs Lee agreed. "But make sure you sisters don't bother him too much okay? His uncle must have a lot of other visitors since it's the spring break now so don't cause too much trouble!"

"Please it's people like Sungyeol oppa who cause trouble." Chaekyung laughed.

Jaekyung chuckled softly, inwardly agreeing. She had picked a nicer shirt than normal that day: A shirt that actually fit instead of it's usual enlarge-ness.

She chose a plain white tee and jean shorts that ended halfway through her thighs. It may look really plain but it was really a large breakthrough from her usual button down shirts and long-to-the-ankle skirts.

And she chose that day to put her hair into a bun as well, instead of letting it fly around her face.

She still looked nerdy, she still didn't look like a fashionista, she still didn't shine with Chaekyung beside her.

But when L turned up at their door and he looked past Chaekyung at her sister who was lugging two luggages with her, he got a shock. He unconsciously his lips as he let his eyes trail from her head to toe, his blood pumping two times faster than usual.

He stared at her, his mouth agape.

Her legs looked like they went on for miles and miles even though her shorts weren't all that short. L swallowed. And to think he once that there wasn't anything to see.

With her hair up, she looked younger and more refreshed and that was when L realized just how small her face was. She looked so tiny and vulnerable even though she wasn't all that short, looking porcelain like a doll.

"L oppa! Are you ready to go?" Chaekyung beamed in front of him.

L slowly shifted his gaze from the girl behind to his girlfriend in front. "Uh yeah." he his lips again when he met Jaekyung's eyes. He quickly tore them away to look at Mr and Mrs Lee. "Uhm Omonim Abeonim, I'll be bringing Chaekyung and Jaekyung now."

"Yes. Go on and have fun!" Mrs Lee waved.

Chaekyung gave a squeal and she darted off to L's car. Jaekyung lugged the luggages with her and L went over to help her, lifting both easily. He let her eyes linger on her face a little longer.

"You look nice today." he murmured. "Without the hair in your face."

Jaekyung blushed. She looked at his casual beach out fit; a white tank top with a light blue checkered shirt and slacks. He looked good. Beyond good. Good with a capital G.

"You don't look that bad either." Jaekyung mused. "Passable." she flicked her hands in a casual manner.

L raised his brows and used one of the luggage to bump her legs. "You call this passable?" he asked sarcastically. Jaekyung laughed and shook her head, wrinkling her nose.

"Hurry up unnie! Hurry up L oppa! I can't can't wait!" Chaekyung bounced in front of L's car. Jaekyung smiled and slapped L's arm lightly. "You weak! Hurry bring the luggage over now!" she directed.

L rolled his eyes in amusement. "Yes madam."

Jaekyung broke into a grin. She had a feeling this spring break would be a blast.

 

 

 

"HURRY UP YOU TOOT WE CAN'T CHECK IN WITHOUT THE GREAT AWESOME L!" Sungyeol hollered the moment L stopped his car in front of the resort.

L rolled his eyes and opened the car door. "Yeah yeah I'm here I'm here!"

The Infinite boys and Chaekyung's friends had arrived before them and the boys couldn't check into the resort because everything was booked under the great Kim Myungsoo's name. They had been waiting outside the resort like a bunch of impatient hooligans until L arrived with Chaekyung and Jaekyung.

Chaekyung popped out of the car and darted over. "Bomi, Soomi and Yoomi!" she squealed at her friends. "I'm so excited!"

Jaekyung chuckled softly, getting out of the car herself and helping L with the luggages. L raised his brows at her. "Aren't you going to squeal and bounce like she is?"

"Do you think I suit acting like that?" Jaekyung rolled her eyes. "I bet you, you'd faint if I did."

"Right on." L laughed. He took the luggages from her hands wordlessly and walked off, while Jaekyung blinked at him in surprise. Her lips curled up in a smile and she shrugged, following behind him.

Dongwoo pulled L to the reception table immediately and shoved L at the desk. "Look he's here. Check us in!" he grinned.

"Hyung!" L rubbed his tummy that had collided with the marble table. The receptionist blushed when she saw L and bowed immediately. "Young master."

"Ah neh." L nodded. "Get the hooligans their rooms, thank you." he gestured to the Infinite boys behind him.

"Hey what hooligan boys?" Sunggyu huffed.

"Ah don't care about him, we got the room keys come on let's go!!!" Dongwoo grinned and pulled his roommate Hoya away to explore their new room.

Woohyun and Sunggyu paired up, Sungjong, Sungyeol and L in one room. The other three girls got one room while the sisters shared one.

The gang ventured into the large resort to find that L's uncle had already reserved a whole block of building for his dear nephew. The resort was divided into six main sections, each of which was called a certain flower name.

The gang was assigned the entire Rose block and they had their own swimming pool and leisure theatre for their own enjoyment. L set the luggages down and grinned at the place, tugging out his phone and sending a thank you message to his uncle. He really outdid himself this time.

"Omo look at this!" Sungjong squealed at one of the TV channels. "There's a dance tutorial channel and they're teaching Rania's Dr Feel Good omo!"

Hoya's eyes widened. "Oh. My. God. Maknae don't tell me you're going to learn that dance right in front of everyone?"

Sungjong beamed. "Why  not?"

Hoya shuddered and grabbed his bag. "I'll be in my room until this public terror has gone." he muttered.

Woohyun smiled at the place and glanced at his girlfriend who was laughing along with Soomi and Bomi. He walked over and tugged on her hand. "Babe let's go for a walk."

"Okay let's go!" Yoomi beamed at her friends.

Woohyun's face contorted and he sent both Bomi and Soomi looks while shaking his head. Soomi rolled her eyes, getting what he meant. "It's okay Yoomi, you and Woohyun oppa can go together."

"Oh really?" Yoomi looked confused. "I thought you wanted to go for a walk around the place, just-"

"She must be tired, babe." Woohyun pulled her away. "Don't force her." he convinced. "Now it's just the two of us, isn't it better?" he grinned as he looped his fingers with hers.

He smiled when he felt Yoomi lean against him, yes this was it.

L settled the breakfast details with the staff and went to look for his hyungs. He found Chaekyung giggling with Soomi and Bomi, Sungyeol and Dongwoo engaged in a furious Wii game, Sunggyu already stripping for a swim, Hoya still in his room avoiding Sungjong while the Woohyun and Yoomi couple had gone for a walk.

So....where was Jaekyung?

L crept to the rooms and found that the room that the sisters were staying in was just beside theirs, and their door was open.

He peeked in and saw Jaekyung arranging Chaekyung's clothes into the wardrobe while her own luggage was carelessly thrown at the side. L shook his head in amusement. *The best sister syndrome acting up again.*

"Yah."

Jaekyung blinked, jumping a little, startled. "Woah?"

L chuckled and revealed himself, plopping himself on the bed he figured was Jaekyung's. "Hah should've seen your face!" he teased.

Jaekyung threw a pillow at him and he caught it in a hug, promptly lying down on the bed. He stretched his limbs and sighed. "Ah, this feels good."

Jaekyung poked his feet and pouted. "Hey this is my bed!" she tried to push him off. "Shouldn't you sleep on Chae's?"

"No." L hugged her pillow tighter and grinned at her. "I like this one."

Jaekyung made a face and resumed packing Chaekyung's clothes. L rolled to his side to look at her while she packed. She gave a feminine aura, slightly motherly and somehow attractive to him.

She carefully hung every piece of article on the hangers and the rest, she would fold the other clothes neatly, patting it in a stack and putting it in the drawer. She sighed in satisfaction and turned towards L, half expecting him to be asleep since he had driven them for long hours and hadn't spoken a word for some time.

She was startled when she realized he hadn't been asleep at all, just silently watching her.

She unconsciously flushed red. "What are you looking at?" she mumbled, averting her eyes quickly.

"Hmm nothing." L grinned, watching her softly. "Just some girl currenly having her strange disorder."

Jaekyung frowned and pouted. "What disorder?" she questioned suspiciously.

L pushed himself up with his elbows, his bangs falling into his face. He sat up on the bed and leaned forward, his face directly in front of hers. "The obsessively-selfless-and-protective-sister disorder." he nudged her forehead. "Hasn't a doctor diagnosed you with it?"

Jaekyung huffed and rubbed her forehead. "What's that?"

"This!" L gestured to the room. "How your luggage is the one flung carelessly at the corner and Chaekyung's clothes are the ones neatly arranged in the wardrobe. How your bed is the one near to the toilet while hers has the better view. How you're here boiling the water and making the room comfortable while Chaekyung's out there having fun."

L looked back at her. "This. Jaekyung don't you know you're treating Chaekyung too well?"

Jaekyung flinched and swallowed. "I'm her sister, of course I'm supposed to treat her well."

L sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "I'm not saying you're supposed to be mean, but you're excessively selfless when it comes to things concerning her." L muttered. "I quote, I'm willing to give up my life if it's about Chaekyung. I remember that clearly, Lee Jaekyung. That's just..."

"You don't understand." Jaekyung mumbled. "I love her okay?" she defended. "What's wrong with doting on your sister?"

"When you treat her better than you treat yourself." L muttered. "I'm in no position to say anything really, but it must mean something when I notice this. I mean, I'm Chaekyung's boyfriend but even I feel you treat her better than you need to."

L ruffled her hair. "Come on, live your life for yourself for once." he pulled her up on her feet. "Let's go for cotton candy!"

Jaekyung looked back at the room. "But the rest of the clothes-"

"She can do it yourself." L rolled his eyes. "This is your holiday. Have fun yourself."