Why the Twinge?

The Dull One

The Infinite boys were working over time at Jaekyung's house.

"HURRY UP SUNGGYU HYUNG!" Sungjong hollered. "What's taking you so long with opening a few bag of chips?" he retorted. "I've already arranged the plates so nicely and all I'm waiting for are the chips...." he trailed off as he stormed into the kitchen.

He saw Sunggyu and Woohyun look up with their mouths full. "Oops." Woohyun gulped.

"THAT ARE IN YOUR MOUTH!" Sungjong roared. "Hyungs!!!!!"

"Mianhae they're just chips!" Sunggyu even dared to offer Sungjong the bag. "Want some?"

Sungjong snatched it away and huffed at his hyungs. "Hyungs are so unproductive!" he harrumphed. "Better find something to do before Jaekyung noona finds you slacking away and I'll make her spank your !" he threatened.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "As if I'm frightened."

"Really."

He turned around, together with Sunggyu by his side, to see Jaekyung standing there with a large wooden dough roller, raising her brows questioningly at them. She hit the roller against her palm a few times, lightly, menacingly. "You really aren't frightened?" her voice was soft.

"Uhhh..I think I hear Sungyeol screaming for my name!" Sunggyu blurted. "I better go!" he darted off.

Woohyun gulped at the wooden roller. "I uh....I MISS YOOMI! I need to see her!" he ran off to the living room.

Jaekyung laughed and shook her head in amusement. "As if I'd really hurt them." she muttered. She got out her flour and dough and other baking materials, ready to make the prettiest cake ever in her whole life.

"Well you don't really know how you look when you glare at someone. Experiencing it first hand myself, I can safely say that it's really frightening."

Jaekyung rolled her eyes and didn't even bother to turn around to hear who said it. "Don't you have better things to do, Kim Myungsoo?" she asked sarcastically.

"Nope!" L beamed and appeared beside her. "The guys are doing fine without me. I want to see you bake this cake right here. Maybe I can help!" he offered.

Jaekyung sent him a doubtful look. "You'd ruin the cake." she muttered.

"I would not!" L poked her tummy. "Now hand over the flour or someone gets hurt." he pointed a plastic fork at her. Jaekyung laughed in amusement and shook her head, passing it over to him.

L grinned and took it, opening it with a pair of scissors. He glanced at her while she cracked two eggs in a bowl and began mixing skillfully, watching the small smile on her face. "I never thought you'd smile in my presence, Lee Jaekyung." he suddenly commented.

Jaekyung blinked up at him in surprise. She quickly straightened her face and looked at him coldly. "You were saying?"

L rolled his eyes and bumped shoulders with her. "You don't suit that look and it doesn't look convincing. Quit it." Jaekyung wrinkled her nose at him and he laughed, poking her cheek and getting some flour on it.

She didn't realize and she wiped her cheeks, smearing the flour even more. L grinned and didn't say anything, feeling victorious.

"It's just," L continued. "You've opened up to me, I realize." he muttered thoughtfully. "You still threaten me with threats but you're much nicer than the before."

"?" Jaekyung shrieked in alarm.

"Joking!" L laughed, grabbing her hands as she rose to hit him. "You weren't a , just cold. Now you're warming up, I like that." he shrugged.

Jaekyung felt her cheeks heat up and she stared at the table top. "Well, I realized maybe this particular jjang wasn't THAT bad." she pretended to think. "Maybe."

"What?" L smeared more flour on her face. "This jjang is handsome, hot and nice. You can't find anyone better than this jjang here." Jaekyung laughed and dabbed her finger with flour. "Excuse me? Handsome, hot and nice? I can only agree with conceited for you!" she ran after him.

Laughter and squeals rang from the kitchen and Dongwoo looked up from cutting the coloured paper. "Are they even baking?"







"SURPRISE!!!!"

Chaekyung gasped in surprise and she took a step back. "Omo!" her hands flew to . "Guys!"

She looked at the banners of "CHEER UP CHAEKYUNG!" and the food laid on the table, together with all the Infinite boys and even her three friends who were there. "Omo what is happening?"

"Well you see," L explained. "You were unhappy for the past few days and Lee Jaekyung the noob right here-" -insert elbowing of stomach from Jaekyung and grunt from L- "- decided to do a little something to cheer you up. So there."

"There was such an unemotional piece of speech!" Sungyeol retorted. He smiled at Chaekyung and cleared his throat. "Allow me."

"The days had been terrible, down and dark without your usual smiles lighting up our lives." Sungyeol started acting, pretending to wipe away a lone tear. "Our usual sun had dimmed and we yearned for the twinkle in your eyes again. The laughter, that sounded like nightingales singing in the night and-"

"Quit it." Sunggyu whacked Sungyeol's head away. "My goosebumps."

Chaekyung giggled and looked at her three friends. "And how about you three? You girls were just at cheerleading practice together with me! How did you end up here so quickly!"

"Woohyun oppa came to fetch us here after you left." Yoomi giggled. "That's why L oppa didn't send you home today. You were needed to take a longer time home!"

Chaekyung smiled at the people around her. "You guys are the best friends I ever had! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really am cheered up!"

Jaekyung smiled. She felt relieved that this could help, and she would do anything else if it meant Chaekyung could be happy.

"Come on in," Jaekyung ushered. "The boys have been complaining about the food for ages. They want to start eating, the bunch of pigs." she laughed.

Chaekyung giggled, happy that her sister was now familiar with her boyfriend's friends. She had learnt about Infinite finding out about Jaekyung's identity and was secretly happy more people knew. She wanted to tell the whole world!

"Excuse me we are not pigs." Dongwoo said defiantly. "We are gentlemen."

"Can't be bothered with you." Hoya pushed himself in. "Don't you want food? Talk about the gentleman crap." Dongwoo glanced at the food and swallowed. "We'll continue this conversation later." he rushed to follow Hoya to attack the food.

Chaekyung was laughing and giggling with her friends, and Sungyeol and Sunggyu amused everyone when they started fighting for the last piece of bacon.

When all the food had been wipe clean by the boys, Jaekyung signaled to L and both of them went to the kitchen to get the cake.

They appeared soon after with Jaekyung holding on to the cake and L taking a bag of cream ad the likes. "Omo cake cake!!!" Woohyun grinned happily.

Dongwoo's face dropped when he saw the cake. It was plain white with only a circle of pink cream around the circumference. Other than that it was just white, white and white.

"What?" Dongwoo frowned. "So that's what you two spent so much time making? Couldn't you two have made a nicer looking one?"

L rolled his eyes. "It isn't for you guys to eat." he told them. "It's for my dad."

"Eh?" Sunggyu looked confused.

Jaekyung took the cake to the table and made L take out the various creams and fruits. "Chae, I know you're still upset about the vase. Kim Myungsoo and I think that the only way for you get over this is to apologize to Principal Kim and for him to accept it."

L nodded. "We baked the cake, now all you have to do is to decorate it and we'll send it to my dad."

Chaekyung looked from L to Jaekyung and her bottom lip wobbled. "You guys are so good to me."

Jaekyung laughed and pulled Chaekyung to the cake, handing her a conical roll of purple cream. "Here."

"What do I write?" Chaekyunf asked uncertainly.

"Anything you want." Jaekyung touched her arm gently. "Anything from the bottom of your heart."

Chaekyung nodded and she wrote a wobbly "I'm sorry, Mr Kim" on the centre of the cake.

The moment she finished, she let out a deep sigh. "I feel much better now. I hope Principal Kim accepts this."

"He will." L nodded. "Appa won't bear grudges."

He packed the cake up when all of a sudden Chaekyung attacked him with a tremendous hug. "Thank you for doing this, L oppa! You're the bestest best boyfriend in the world!"

L looked shocked and his hands lay limply beside him, not knowing what to do.

"Uh Lee Jaekyung had a hand in this too." he muttered unsurely, looking over at Jaekyung.

Jaekyung forced a smile and turned, pretending to be busying herself with something else.

She didn't know why, but the moment Chaekyung hugged L, there was a twinge she felt.

This unspeakable and unexplainable cringe that she just felt in her heart and she HAD to look away.

*Lee Jaekyung, you're behaving weirdly.* she told herself. *Get a grip.*