Double Date

The Dull One

"Unnie how do I look?" Chaekyung squealed. "I can't wait for him to arrive, unnie! I'm so excited!"

Jaekyung chuckled softly as she looked up from her book. She wasn't that against Chaekyung dating L now. She knew for a fact that L was a good guy, but still the thought of entrusting her sister's heart to someone made it a little hard to do.

She let her eyes travel from Chaekyung's head to toe, all the while nodding approvingly and smiling. "You look awesome, Chae." she beamed. "I'm sure Kim Myungsoo will like it."

"It's L oppa, unnie." Chaekyung giggled as she fixed her hair. "I don't know why you two call each other by the full name, it's so polite! He's older than you too, unnie. You should call him oppa!"

Jaekyung gagged. No way.

Even though she kind of reached the conclusion that hey, L wasn't that bad of a guy, but that didn't mean she was all chummy with him.

Oh no she loved the competition between them when they met. The way they worked together but at the same time found ways to fight. It was all very satisfying yes yes indeed.

Call him oppa? Heh, until the day he would call her baby that would never happen.

Chaekyung turned and saw the look on Jaekyung's face and she laughed. "Oh well I shouldn't force you then. It's good enough you two are talking." she grinned.

Jaekyung smiled and nodded as she watched Chaekyung fussed about her hair and clothes before L came to pick her up.

Chaekyung and L were going on a double date with Woohyun and Yoomi that day. This was the first date for Chaekyung and L since they started dating a few weeks ago.

A long time coming, but L hadn't had the time with all the things going on with the newsletter department. And besides, Jaekyung thought he still looked awkward with Chaekyung.

Chaekyung seemed to be totally at ease as she usually was with anyone, just happy-go-lucky and cheerful. But for L, he looked polite and withdrawn.

*I guess it's a good idea they're going on this date with another experienced and loving couple.* Jaekyung thought. *That dispels any awkwardness that might form. Woohyun and Yoomi are there to help them with it.*

The doorbell rang and like the first time L came, Mrs Lee was the first to open the door. L didn't look surprised like that time and he smiled steadily at the woman. "Hello Mrs Lee." he greeted.

Jaekyung inwardly praised him. She knew first hand how horrifying it was when her mother was beaming THAT brightly at her, it was some kind of immeasurable stress.

"Myungsoo!" Mrs Lee fussed. "You're here! Have you had your lunch?"

L smiled and nodded. "Yeah. I'm here to fetch Chaekyung-"

"I'm here L oppa!" Chaekyung jumped from behind her mother, her head bobbing up and down and appearing above her mother's shoulders.

"Aish you've got to play hard to get a little, girl." Mrs Lee clicked her tongue playfully. She pushed Chaekyung out and Chaekyung bounded to stand beside L. "Annyeong L oppa!"

L chuckled softly and nodded. "Hey." he looked back into the house and searched the living room. He saw the girl he was looking for, eying the situation calmly from the couch and a book on her lap.

As always.

L raised his brows at Jaekyung teasingly and Jaekyung made a gesture to show him that she was watching and he better be careful, making a face at the end.

L couldn't help but smile.

"Aww look at him, he's so excited to go already." Mrs Lee cooed. "Myungsoo why don't you bring Chaekyung to wherever you two are going now? Have a good time!!"

L nodded and bowed, waving goodbye. He glanced at Jaekyung once more and she just shrugged at him.

He huffed to himself as he walked Chaekyung to his car. *Not even a wave. Rude girl.* he thought.

His thoughts were promptly disrupted the moment they got into the car and drove off. "I can't wait, L oppa!" Chaekyung chirped. "Today's going to be great! You know I chose Yoomi's outfit for today and we went to Forever21 and we...."

L unconsciously tuned out. *I wonder what Lee Jaekyung does on a Saturday like this. Volunteer at IAKA again?*







"Let's go to the movies!" Yoomi cooed. "Woohyun oppa how about the romantic comedy?" she pointed excitedly.

L looked over to Woohyun curiously, and to his surprise, his hyung didn't even flinch.

"Sure babe." Woohyun wrapped his arm around Yoomi's waist and led them to buy the tickets.

L raised his brows in wonder. Woohyun was greasy, no doubt. With the babe and the kisses, the heart throwing stunts.

Woohyun could be sooooo greasy, soooo romantic, sooooo fluffy, but of L's knowledge of Woohyun, if there was anything Woohyun couldn't stand, it was watching other people behaving greasily.

And here Woohyun was, agreeing to whatever Yoomi said without a moment's hesitation or grimace. Gosh, what love did to a person.

"You okay with a romantic comedy, L oppa?" Chaekyung beamed at him.

"Uh." L fought the grimace but failed terribly. "I uh...won't like it a lot. But it'll be okay, if this is what you girls like."

"Excellent!" Chaekyung gushed. "I can't wait to watch it! I've been wanting to catch it!"

L followed after his bubbly girlfriend as they walked into the cinema together. Woohyun and L sat on the ends while Chaekyung and Yoomi sat in the middle beside each other with their boyfriends.

The girls giggled happily as they waited for the movie to start, watching the trailers to the other movies. Trailer for Ted popped up and the guys immediately fixed their eyes intently, laughing at the crude language.

M18, that one. L sighed to himself. So maybe he couldn't catch that with Chaekyung then. With his friends perhaps.

The start of some bouncy cheery music signaled the beginning of the movie. L inwardly grimaced and wrinkled his nose as the movie started, sighing to himself.

The girls ceased talking as soon as the handsome male lead appeared and L glanced over curiously at Woohyun and Yoomi. Woohyun had his arm around Yoomi's shoulders as he held her tightly, nuzzling her hair.

L glanced at Chaekyung beside him and she turned at the same time. She smiled at him expectantly, as if waiting for him to make a move or something.

L raised his hand hesitantly, wondering if he should loop it around her shoulders like what Woohyun was doing. At the last minute, L moved his hand to the coke that sat beside them and sipped on it.

*Damn this. I can't do it when it doesn't feel right.* L frowned.

Chaekyung sighed softly and turned back to the screen. L felt sorry but when he tried to grab her hands again, he just couldn't.

He stared at his own hands and scolded himself. *Whats the problem with you Kim Myungsoo?* he scolded himself. *You don't even dare to hold your girlfriend's hand, are you an idiot?*

He glanced over to Woohyun and Yoomi who were snuggling and back at himself and Chaekyung who were sitting awkwardly apart. Damn this.

He raked his fingers through his hair. He just couldn't!

-----

"Man what are you doing?" Woohyun hissed when the girls went to the restroom after the movie. "It's the movies, the prime place to start initiating skinship. You were sitting as still as a pole right there! What were you thinking!"

L groaned. "I just...it didn't feel right you know!" he muttered. "And isn't it good to move slowly, not rush?"

"Dude, it's been three weeks and you haven't held her hand! That isn't moving slowly! That's not moving!" Woohyun urged. "As long as you don't do anything she doesn't want, it's okay. I've never heard of a guy who doesn't want to initiate skinship, it's so weird."

L grumbled under his breath.

The girls returned just then and Woohyun broke into a large smile. "Hey babe." he pecked Yoomi's temple. "Let's grab a bite shall we?" he led her off to a nearby cafe.

L took a deep breath and he marched up to Chaekyung, grabbing her hand. "Uh let's...follow them." he said stiffly, dragging her along.

Chaekyung didn't mind their awkwardness and she followed along, beaming brightly. She stared at his hand holding hers and giggled softly to herself, feeling like she flew all the way to heaven and back.

L's only thought when he held her hand was: *Find Woohyun and Yoomi immediately. As soon as possible. Damn it where did they go!*

-----

The two couples went to the cafe together and ordered cakes and lattes.

"Woah this cheesecake is heavenly!" Yoomi exclaimed, beaming brightly. "Woohyun oppa, have some."

She fed some to Woohyun who smiled sweetly back at her. "Hmm delicious." he murmured, pecking her lips.

"Oppa not in public!" Yoomi whispered, embarrassed.

Chaekyung and L sat there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. When they had got to the cafe L promptly dropped Chaekyung's hands, glad to let go. His were already sweating and contrary to common belief, it didn't feel really good.

And now where Woohyun and Yoomi were snuggling in a love seat, Chaekyung and L sat at separate chairs, distant.

"You uh, don't mind if I don't initiate much skinship, will you, Chaekyung?" L whispered. "I'm not very comfortable about these things right now."

Chaekyung looked a little disappointed but she shook her head with a smile. "It's okay L oppa. As long as we're together."

L smiled, visibly relaxing. Chaekyung sighed softly and played with her fingers, disappointment but at the same time not being able to voice out her thoughts.

*Its okay, Chaekyung. That means L oppa is a nice guy and he's not easy.* she thought. *That's good.*

Woohyun caught the awkward moment between the two and he tried to catch L's eye. Once L looked his way he raised his brows all the way up questioningly, as if asking what he was waiting for.

L promptly looked away as if he didn't see.

*I don't care what people say. I don't think it's time for skinship right now.* L thought. *At least, with the magnitude of feelings I'm having for her.*