The Hardworking Bee

The Dull One

"WELCOME EVERYONE TO WOOLIM HIGH'S FIRST FUNDRAISING EVENT!" a student hollered into the mike. "THANK YOU FOR COMING AND WE HOPE WE WILL RAISE LOTS OF FUNDS FOR IAKA! SO HAVE FUN!"

People streamed into the fair. Parents with their children, teenagers from other schools, couples, even grannies and grandpas were there to support the wonderful cause.

"Wow I didn't expect there to be so many people." Sungjong whispered. "This is a little scary."

"Come on be a man!" Hoya told Sungjong. "We can handle the fangirls. We can handle a little more people! Just trust yourself and-"

"OPPA."

"-Yeoooowwww!!!" Hoya leaped back in shock when someone tugged on his pants. He looked down to see a cute little girl blinking up at him. "Oppa how much is this?" she pointed at the photoframe.

Sungjong burst into laughter and shook his head. "Be a man, you were saying?"

Hoya scowled and quickly collected his wits, bending down to the girl's eye level. "It's originally 7000 won but for a cute beautiful girl like you, how about 5000 won?" he bargained.

"Really?" The girl beamed. "I have just enough!" she waved a 5000 won note in the air.

"Good!" Hoya packed the photoframe in a plastic bag and handed it to her. "Now don't tell anyone about the special discount alright!" he whispered. The girl nodded, obviously happy at the little surprise between them.

"Thank you oppa!" she ran off to find her parents.

Hoya smiled, satisfied. He spun round to find the rest of the girls from his class and s gaping at him. "You'll make a wonderful father, Hoya oppa~" one girl burst out.

"You'll make a wonderful father for OUR child, Hoya oppa!" another girl added.

Dongwoo laughed and patted Hoya on the shoulder. "Since when were you married?" he muttered. Hoya made a face and scowled at the fangirl who said that. "Since she went bonkers." he whispered back.

Sunggyu was doing a good job directing the class while he slacked off himself, a typical thing he usually did. (haha) Sungyeol was expectedly, doing extremely well in the sales.

"As you can see, this card may look like a really really amateur drawing right here." The way he talked drew a large crowd around him, and it especially helped since he was so tall. Few girls pulled their boyfriends to crowd around Sungyeol, curious.

"Yeah it looks really ugly!" one guy shouted from the audience and everyone laughed.

Sungyeol clicked his tongue. "That's where you are wrong, young man." he shook his head. "This piece of exquisite art is made by a someone that had already been signed up by a talent agency. His works will be publicly displayed in a few months. Don't you think it's a good idea to collect his work before he turns famous?" he raised his brows.

Murmurs of agreements passed.

"Well if no one's interested, I'll be keeping this for myself and make a lot of money from it." Sungyeol muttered casusally, dropping it in his pocket.

"Hey wait!" the same guy who insulted the card stopped him. "I offer 50 thousand won!"

"SOLD!" Sungyeol didn't even miss a beat. He shoved the card in the guy's hands and pulled the note from the guy's hands. "Thank you for helping the poor animals at IAKA. You will be blessed."

The guy blinked at Sungyeol. "Is this really by a talented artist?" he eyed the card critically.

"Maybe?" Sungyeol blinked back innocently and darted back into the booth. Dongwoo slapped him on the back. "You're such a scam, Sungyeol!"

Sungyeol pouted. "Hey I didn't! I just used a wrong phrase. Made by someone that had already been signed up by a talent agency, versus, made by someone that might be signed up by a talent agency." he grinned. "Not THAT much of a difference.."

"And who's that talented artist then huh?" Sunggyu asked, amused.

"Me." Sungyeol pointed to himself. "Just wait all of you, I'll show you my artistic prowess!"

"Keep dreaming." Woohyun retorted. He looked around. "Where's L and Jaekyung? I haven't seen them since the event started. And where's Yoomi?" he pouted.

"Busy at her own class's booth duh." Hoya told him. "L and Jaekyung must be insanely busy right now, they have been insanely busy this whole week. Today's the peak of their insanely busy-ness!"

 

 

 

He was right.

"Come on Kim Myungsoo quickly!" Jaekyung pulled him. "They need help!"

"Coming coming!" L muttered with his mouth full of a sausage. He sighed and ran after her , feeling worn out. He hadn't even had the chance for breakfast and they only had a five minute breather where he finally got himself a sausage from one of the stalls when their darned phones rang again.

Students from other booths called them whenever a problem popped up and they had been darting here and there throughout the morning, never resting.

He looked around and saw that Jaekyung was already far ahead of him. He chuckled and shook his head, running after her. "That girl."

They arrived at one of the game stalls. There were three young teenagers of around eleven to twelve years old, and the students tending the stall looked pretty peeved. In fact, it seemed to be Chaekyung's stall.

"Chae-" Jaekyung stopped herself. "I mean, Chaekyung sshi is something wrong?"

Chaekyung brightened when she saw Jaekyung and L. "Unn-I mean, Jaekyung sshi. L oppa!" she lit up. "Something happened here!"

"What's wrong?" L blinked.

The game that Chaekyung's class had put up was spin the wheel and throw the darts, depending on which colour tile your dart landed on, you got different prizes.

"You the one in charge?" the middle boy glared up at L even though he was like..eleven. "I paid my 2000 won for this game okay? I was playing like everyone else and my dart landed on the grand prize. And now this girl says I can't have it!" he huffed.

"Why?" Jaekyung blinked at Chaekyung.

Chaekyung sighed exasperatedly. "You see, I'm the only one tending the stall now because the girls went to get more supplies. And one of his friends," she pointed at one of the boys. "Distracted me while his friend was playing. When he turned to look back his dart was already on the grand prize tile and the wheel wasn't spinning as if it was manually stopped. You can't blame me for suspecting!"

Jaekyung frowned, that sounded really suspicious.

"If you don't give us our free movie tickets, I'm going to call the police." one of the boys warned. "This is such a ing cheat."

L raised his brows, surprised at how a young boy knew how to curse. "Hey no need to be rash. Is there anyway you can prove that you won by merit?"

"Well there." One of the boys pointed at the wheel of fortune. His dart was stuck in the slimmest tile of all, the tile that got you the grand prize. "See?"

Jaekyung frowned and quickly got an idea. "Well you could have stuck it there." she muttered. "But then again if you didn't cheat it'd be unfair isn't it?"

The boys nodded eagerly.

"Well the only thing we can do is review the cctv tapes then." Jaekyung said casually. "See if you did tamper with things. Kim Myungsoo can you go get the security tapes please?"

L quickly caught on and nodded, smirking lightly at her. *Genius right here.* he chuckled softly. "Yes madam."

As L turned to go, the three boys suddenly wailed. "NO WAIT!" they shivered, scared.

"What's wrong boys?" Jaekyung asked. "You said you didn't cheat so you don't have anything to be afraid of. What about the movie tickets?"

"We don't want them. Keep them for yourselves." they shrieked and ran away quickly, terrified and pale.

L turned around and laughed loudly, shaking his head in amusement. Chaekyung put thumbs up and giggled. "You're awesome, unnie. Quick thinking!"

Jaekyung smiled, shrugging. "Oh well, they're young. A stunt that's a little toooo obvious huh? Just for a few movie tickets?" she grinned.

She met L's eyes and he smiled back. Jaekyung's lips curled upwards and she bit her lip. The moment passed when L's phone rang again and he groaned. "Not again."

-----

"Damn. I'm so tired." L trudged towards the Newsletter Room.

The Fundraising event had ended and they had managed to collect a whooping 8 million won! It was incredible!

After the event, everyone went off to celebrate or to rest, but Jaekyung and L stayed behind the help the cleaners clean the rubbish strewn parade square. L saw Jaekyung already falling asleep when they were clearing the rubbish, and he made her go home first. He was the last person to leave.

Or so he thought.

As he pushed the door open to get his bag from the room, he was surprised to see someone else in there. A certain angel sleeping on the couch.

L found himself smiling unconsciously as he crept nearer to Jaekyung, watching as her head nodded up and down. He squated in front of her, watching her face.

He didn't think it was possible, but she actually looked pretty cute like that. Not in the physical exterior sense.

He thought she was cute because she was so hardworking, because she wasn't afraid to take risks, because she would do everything she could to fight for a cause she believed in.

That was adorable. That stubborn character of hers.

"Why didn't you go home...now I have to send you." L pretended to be mad, but she didn't hear him as she slept soundly. "Why didn't you go off with the others to celebrate? Why do you have to be so darn hardworking and sacrifical?"

L smiled softly. This was the hardworking bee that worked behind the scenes, and it was her that could be named the most adorable.