I really really like him

The Dull One

Jaekyung arrived home, cold and wet.

She left the concert hall at around ten thirty at night after helping Professor Kwon with some of the menial administration tasks, and it had incidentally poured heavily at that time. She wished her parents were here with her so she could be driven home in the comfort of a car but there was no other choice.

She would have taken a taxi too, but she realized she had not enough money for the ride because she gave most of her allowance that week to Chaekyung to buy her outfit for the date.

Hence tired from her performance, Jaekyung took the bus. She dozed off and missed her stop by one bus stop, not too far fortunately. But she forgot to bring an umbrella which meant she had to run all the way home in the rain, in her pencil skirt and concert shoes.

And her bloody glasses. Might I remind anyone out there how irritating it is to wear spectacles when it rained?

Jaekyung arrived home at eleven thirty, tired, cold and shivering. She wanted nothing more than a hot chocolate and a hug. Yes she wanted a hug. Or any source of warmth or love.

The moment she opened the door, Chaekyung's voice rang out from the second floor. "UNNIE! You're back!"

And Jaekyung smiled, forgetting her night's unfortunate events and went to meet her sister. Chaekyung raced down the steps and Jaekyung bit her lip, wondering how she was supposed to respond the Chaekyung's never ending questions about how her recital went.

That sister of hers fired questions like a bullet gun.

"Hey Chae it was alrigh-" Jaekyung started when Chaekyung let out a squeal.

"UNNIE!" Chaekyung beamed. "Today was the best day of my lifee!!!!!!" she declared. "I cannot fathom the perfectness of how things went! I think I might really be in love with L oppa!"

Jaekyung faltered. "Oh."

Oh yeah. Of course she would talk about L. Why would she be bothered about Jaekyung's recital anyway, Chaekyung hadn't been the type to be into music. Ahehe....yeah....

Jaekyung shifted uncomfortably. "Really?" she tried to garner interest.

"Yeah!" Chaekyung nodded. "L oppa is polite and kind, and he's the perfect gentleman! He opens the car door for you, pulls your chair and makes sure to put his body between you and a guy when the other guy stands too close! He's just perfect!"

Jaekyung faked a smile. "He definitely sounds wonderful huh?" she fought back a sneeze. "But uh, unnie's a little cold. Let me take a warm bath and tell me all about it later alright?"

Chaekyung's eyes widened and it seemed it was just then that she noticed what a mess her sister was in. "Omo unnie you're soaked through! You better warm yourself up!" Jaekyung nodded and walked towards the bathroom. "I'll do that just now."

"Oh and unnie?"

Jaekyung turned back with a smile. Was she going to ask about the recital now?

"Wash up quickly alright?" Chaekyung beamed. "I have TONS of things to tell you!"

 

 

 

L had gone for a drink with his friends after the date. They had arranged for it since they wanted to know every single detail about L's love life and L had to commit everything he had in memory to verbal words, reporting every scene to his nosy hyungs.

"Did you hold her hand?"

"Did you kiss her lips?"

"Did you invite yourself into her house?"

L threw impatient glares at his hyungs. "Please. This is just an experimental date one." he rolled his eyes. "It's not like she's already my steady girlfriend or soulmate or whatever."

"Hey we didn't say anything about soulmate!" Dongwoo pointed out. "So that means you think she is?" he whooped. "OH boy guys I feel like a dad marrying off my daughter already!"

L threw exasperated expressions all around and sighed. "It was okay, alright?" he hissed. "I'm not too sure about how I feel for her. I mean she's pretty and all-"

"You obviously like her or you wouldn't have gone on the date with her right?" Sunggyu reasoned. "Come on, Lee Chaekyung's a real catch. Don't be too slow and let her slip through your fingers!" he urged.

"But do you know how much she talks?" L rubbed his temples. "Non-stop. I'm not joking. She talks about every single little thing in the universe as if she could write an argument essay about it. She just has SO MANY things to say." he groaned.

He looked at his friends. "You guys know how I feel about incessant talking." he mumbled. "I look quiet but I'm dorky inside, I admit. I kinda like doing lame stuff once in a while, but still that doesn't make me a bullet gun mouth!"

"Hey that's mean." Hoya poked L. "Because you're dull and everything, you need someone chirpy to brighten your life up!"

"They always say opposites attract right?" Sungjong pointed out. "Maybe this is the case, L oppa."

"And don't blame the poor girl." Woohyun advised. "She barely had anything to say to me when I was courting her. It was so awkward. The fact that she had things to say showed that she was nervous about this too, hence the blabbering. She likes you, L."

L downed his shot and rubbed his head. Man, this love thing was so confusing.

"I'll go back home. Curfew at twelve." L muttered. His friends murmured their goodbyes and L got to his black Audi. He was suprised to see it pouring all of a sudden and was grateful that he even had a car.

To drive home, he had to pass by Chaekyung's house to make it to the expressway. He turned through the small lane and to his surprise, saw someone running in the pouring ran.

L squinted. She looked like she was freezing, her entire body soaked through. L blinked in surprise. "Is that girl wearing a pencil skirt AND heels while running in the rain?"

L immediately stopped his car out of compassion. He was about to honk to offer that girl a ride when another car honked before him. He looked through the rear mirror and saw another car behind him in the one way lane. "HURRY UP!" that guy rolled down his window and hollered.

L sighed and looked at the girl. "Sorry." he muttered, as he stepped on the accelerator and drove of.

 

 

 

"YOU SAY WHAT?" Jaekyung blurted.

Chaekyung giggled softly. "THis is the first time I've heard you shout, Unnie." she commented. "I said, I wanna write a confession letter to L oppa. Will  you help me?"

Jaekyung swallowed mouthfuls of air, unable to speak. She ressembled a type of sea creature really, as she wound herself in the blanket because of the cold and looking like a large roll of egg or something, coupled with that astonished expression.

"You want...you want to...." Jaekyung swallowed. "You want to confess already?" she squeaked.

Chaekyung nodded. She sat down on her sister's bed and sighed dreamily. "I've never been so sure before, unnie." she confessed. "Since I can remember, L oppa is the one guy that has gotten my attention and heart. I want to confess. I want to fight for this." she said determinedly.

"Chae..." Jaekyung sighed. "Don't you think you're a little too rash?" she asked. "I don't want you to get hurt ever, please give it some more thought."

"You think I haven't been thinking?" Chaekyung laughed. "Don't you remember how I've een obssessing over him all this week? I want this, unnie. I want him."

"I'm not sure if he likes me yet, though." Chaekyung muttered. "But he asked me on this date, he's polite and kind to me and I'm practically the only girl he talked to ever. That means something right?" she asked eagerly.

Jaekyung looked at her sister. "I...don't know, Chae." she hugged her blanket tighter, still feeling cold from the rain. "You want to do this don't you?"

"Yeah." Chaekyung nodded. "So will you help me please? You know my art , I won't be able to make cutesy hearts and flowers. I want to give him a pretty confession letter, not one that looks like it's made by a guy. I already have the content drafted!" she waved a piece of paper in the air.

Jaekyung sighed and nodded. She could never deny her sister if there was something Chaekyung wanted. That was her ultimate flaw.

"Okay." Jaekyung reluctantly agreed. "I'll help you."

"KYAAAH THANK YOU UNNIE!" CHaekyung threw her arms around her sister. "I'll be forever in your debt!"

Jaekyung sighed and nodded. "So where are the art materials?"

"There unnie! I have them prepared!" Chaekyung raced to grab a bag with all the art supplies.

Jaekyung thought about how she was going to make the love confession letter as pretty as possible. If she was going to do this for Chaekyung, she wanted it to be perfect.

 

 

 

OH MY GOD. OHHHH MYYY GODDDD.

ASJHLSLKGJSLKGJKSDFHKDSJHF!!!! I can't believe it! I'm featured again!

Shinee-KeyTaeminhappyhug.gif

I have to say I really am shocked and pleasantly surprised! I was out studying and when I returned home, got out my iPod to get onto AFF, I was a little surprised at the number of friend requests and wallposts.

And then there were people congratulating me on getting featured and I just thought it was because of "My Princess Bodyguard" from last week.

And then I scrolled down and there were people saying two weeks in a row and I didn't really get it.

Until I got to the front page and saw "The Dull One" on the right there! OH MY GOD!!!!!!

I really didn't expect getting featured again, immediately! Thank you guys so much! I can't even....I can't even find the words to say! I'm just shocked and delighted!

tumblr_m7f35jlvD61rt7tryo4_250.giftumblr_m7f35jlvD61rt7tryo4_250.giftumblr_m7f35jlvD61rt7tryo4_400.giftumblr_m2f0lpGoMA1rtz32xo1_500.gif

I'm really regretful that to this happy news, I bring sad ones to you guys.

1taemin1.jpg?w=320&h=180&h=180

My exams are starting on Monday, and these are the most important exams of my life. Seriously.

I have to do well, and I'll be in the exam hall most of the time etc etc. So yeah you can imagine, I won't be able to update often.

I'll be updating once a week from now onwards, till 28 November for my last paper. (On that day I won't be either, I'll be out partying xD)

tumblr_m8ahs3EDV81r765gl.gif

I really really really appreciate this second feature.

Thank you guys so so so sooooo much for this. Especially since The Dull One only has 10 chapters to date (now 11) and you guys made it to the top! I'm absolutely delighted!

I'm just one seventh into the fic, I haven't even really started! Oh gosh.

Thank you thank you thank you.

tumblr_m8eijmIcFx1rp1i2ro1_500.gif

I can never say it enough.

THANK YOU!