[five]

Catch Taemin If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Catch Taemin If You Can; [five]

 

 

 

Taemin held the chocolate bar between his teeth and stuck his hands into his pockets. The wind was icy and Taemin sat on a bench, moving his lips and tongue to find a way to eat his candy without taking his hands out. Jongin sat down next to him, all the excitement he had in the morning completely drained out, and lowered his head to fumble pointlessly with the pink envelope. Feeling like he should wait until Jongin started talking, Taemin continued to wriggle his mouth. He couldn't really start a conversation at the moment anyways. 



 

“What are you doing?” 

 

 

Jongin asked, when he raised his head and found Taemin squirming his mouth like an idiot. He pulled the chocolate bar from his friend's mouth. 

 


“My hands are cold…” Taemin complained, and Jongin shook his head. 

 


“Your mouth hurts when you eat too, right?”



 

He commented sarcastically and stuck the candy bar back into Taemin’s mouth. And Jongin stared at the pink envelope in his hands before handing it to Taemin. Reluctant to take his hand out, Taemin stared blankly but eventually received it. 

 

 

“What, you want me to read this for you?” Taemin asked in confusion, and Jongin kicked up a soccer ball from the ground and rolled it around in his hands.

 


“It’s yours.” He replied. “She assumed I could give it to you since I’m your best friend. It’s ing embarrassing so don’t make me say it again.”



 

Not knowing what to say, Taemin stayed queit. 

 

 

“Dude, I'm okay.” Jongin smirked and playfully punched Taemin in the arm.

 



“…Want a piece?”

 

 

Taemin offered, holding out the chocolate bar. Jongin snickered and broke half of the chocolate before popping the whole thing into his mouth. Jongin chewed slowly, chomping on it with more ferocity than necessary with each chew. 



 

“." Jongin finally spat. "She was like all ‘Oh, you’re so cool when you play soccer’ and . It’s all sugar-coat and in the end…”

 


“......”

 


“…...”

 


“So what did you say to her?”

 

 

Taemin asked cautiously. 

 


“What do you think I said to her?!!” 

 

 

Jongin yelled, and Taemin jumped in his seat, startled by Jongin's sudden outrage. 

 


“, why are you yelling?”

 


“Then what, should I be smiling? Should I be laughing right now?!”

 

 

Taemin took the rest of the chocolate and shoved it in his friend’s mouth. The yelling becoming a stuffed muffle, Jongin quieted down as Taemin rubbed his sticky hands against the bench.
 

 


The know-how to a ten-year old friendship between Taemin and Jongin were sudden bursts of meaningless arguments that cooled down nonchalantly in a matter of seconds. Like now. The two continued chewing, tasting the caramel melting on their tongue. Jongin broke the silence.

 

 

“She didn’t have to lie. Why couldn’t she just confront you directly?”

 


“You’re right…”

 

 

Taemin obediently agreed, considering the bad mood that Jongin was in, but only to receive a vicious glare in return.



 

“W, what?” Taemin frowned, scared that Jongin was going to burst into another fit. 

 


“…Forget it.” Jongin said, loosening his tense gaze. 

 


“You need to get a grip.”

 


“Lee Taemin.”

 


“If you start yelling again-”

 


“Don’t you ever lie, at least not to me.”

 



Jongin cut him off, and Taemin closed his mouth. The cold wind caressed through his hair, and Taemin blinked. 

 

 

“Well, answer." Jongin urged, "Don't lie. I hate liars."

 



“…What about the ones I told so far?”

 

 

Taemin responded after a minute, and Jongin thought about it for a second before narrowing his brows to a frown. 

 



“Wow, I knew it. That thing you talked me into last time, that was a lie too, wasn’t it-”


 


“I don’t.”

 

 

Taemin said, and Jongin’s words hung in the air. Taemin continued.



 

“And I’ve never slept with a girl.”

 

 

Jongin stared at Taemin in surprise. Feeling his face getting hot, Taemin crumpled the letter into a ball. Resisting the urge to turn his head, Taemin looked straight into the distance. 



 

“I don’t lie to you.”

 

 

It was true. Taemin never lied to Jongin. And he'd never slept with a girl.

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Explain to me exactly why I have to pay for these.” Jongin asked, scrunching his brows as Taemin threw another box of chocolates into the cart. 

 



“I gave you my chocolate.”



 

Taemin answered like Jongin asked the stupidest question yet, but Jongin was too busy taking cookies, chocolates, and candies of different kinds out of the cart to retort back. Since both boys weren’t having the greatest days of their lives, they had decided to skip their afternoon classes and stopped by the market on their way home. 



 

“So Baldy wants your parents?” Jongin inquired, as he snatched a box of brownies out of Taemin's hands. 

 


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter