[two]

Catch Taemin If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Catch Taemin If You Can; [two]

 

 

 

The streets were busy for a Sunday morning. Taemin skeptically eyed the couples that were practically glued to each other, knowing that those girls with particular aegyo would turn uncontrollably psychotic. Noticing that Jongin was ogling a couple in front of them, Taemin tried to stifle a snicker. His friend was probably wondering how a girl’s hand felt like, and Taemin shook his head obnoxiously.


 

Ten years.

 


It was the period of time Taemin had been friends with Jongin, and also the period of time Jongin spent his lonely nights in front of a laptop(Taemin only guessed). Taemin scanned Jongin from his head to toe. There was nothing particularly off about him. As a matter of fact, Jongin had been popular since middle school as the captain of the school’s soccer team. He killed at soccer, every kick scoring a goal. But Taemin soon found out later that when it came to girls, Jongin could simply be reduced as a “sore ”.

 

 

Of course, it was questionable. If he was so popular, then why hadn’t Jongin “gotten any”? Taemin was quite shocked when the truth was revealed, but thought it was very Jongin of Jongin; it made perfect sense. The reason was Jung Soojung, Jongin’s massive crush that had been going on for eight straight years. And still ongoing. Taemin didn’t think that it would've last this long. He knew Jongin was pretty innocent and naïve, but not this retarded.

 

 

“Any progress?”

 

 

Taemin asked as he stuffed a chocolate in his mouth. Jongin shot him a blank look and Taemin continued. 

 

 

“With Jung Soojung.”

 


“…Don’t.” Jongin said as his face hardened instantly. 

 


“Tsk. Look around for goddamn sake." Taemin clicked his tongue. "There should be one girl you could-”

 


“I said don’t.”

 


“I heard she’s going out with a guy from the basketball team this time. I heard his pits are hella nasty-”

 


“Lee Taemin!!”

 

 

The chocolate went down the wrong pipe and Taemin almost fell to hell too early. Shoving a chocolate into his own mouth, Jongin chews violently as if warning Taemin to watch out if he doesn’t want to end up like the crushing dessert. There really wasn’t any reason why Jongin couldn’t (weight and height-wise), so Taemin shut up. They started walking again in silence until Jongin asked a question while Taemin savoured his heavenly creamy chocolates.

 

 

“How do you do it?”

 


“Do what?”

 


“How do you get girls with functioning brains to make you chocolates for Valentine’s Day in December?" Jongin gesticulated wildly with his hands to show his frustration. "Be honest, how many times did you do it?”

 


“…, man. There’s a thing of value called privacy.”

 

 

Taemin replied and Jongin shoved another handful of chocolates into Taemin's mouth, making Taemin reconsider reconciling for his behavior earlier because death was coming at his schedule too early. But besides the point, Jongin was a genuine guy; keeping a one-sided crush for eight years and acing every one of Taemin’s ridiculous favours. And whatever the reason was, they’ve been best friends for ten years and Taemin felt way more superior than that stupid eight year old crush.

 

 

“Low blood pressure, my . You’re just a sugar freak.” Jongin grumbled. 

 


“If you don't know the pain of it, then save it. You have to carry me if I get a hypoglycemia shock." Taemin responded briskly. "By the way, didn't you say that you have soccer practice?”

 

 

“I do, but...” Jongin drawled slowly, and Taemin plastered a sly grin. 

 


“Why don't you just skip today? You might see the basketball dude and you probably don't want that."

 


“…Lee Taemin, are you ing serious.”

 


“I heard Soojung makes lunch and comes to court during Sunday practices…”

 


“! I swear I’m gonna-”

 

 

Jongin yelled heatedly, making his way back towards Taemin and Taemin held his hands up in defense. 

 

 

“Okay! Jeez, it was an innocent suggestion…”

 

 

Taemin grouched, and Jongin sighed heavily as he disheveled his hair in irritation.
 

 


“. He’s a ing retard, why is she...”

 


“Do you like her that much.” Taemin said skeptically, eyeing Jongin with 99% judgment and 1% pity. 

 


“Are you stupid, then what, you think I just spent those eight years for nothing...?”

 

 

Jongin trailed off, turning away as his face fired up.


 

“So you know it’s something to be ashamed of.”


 

Taemin said casually, popping another chocolate into his mouth. 



“…Am I supposed to be?”

 


“Duh, it’s not something to flaunt about." Taemin continued with a firm and decisive tone. "Dating is a game, my friend. And you never won once. Actually, you didn't even get to start for that matter. How old are you again?”

 


Taemin snickered in amusement, expecting Jongin to start yelling again when nothing came. Instead, he caught Jongin staring at him in silence.

 


“What?”


 

Taemin said, receiving Jongin's intense stare as the air around them fell as awkward as it could between the two. 

 

 

“How is dating a game?”

 

 

Jongin finally opened his mouth. 

 


“…What?”

 


Taemin blinked, and Jongin repeated with his eyes still fixed on his friend. 

 


“How is dating a game?”

 


“…It was just a figure of speech.”

 


“Soccer is a game. Love isn’t a game, stupid.”

 

 

Taemin fell speechless at Jongin's response. This was exactly why Kim Jongin was girlfriendless for eighteen years. Shrugging him off with a whiff of 'whatever', Taemin continued to eat his chocolates one after another until Jongin eyes him disapprovingly and snatched the box away.


 

“Stop eating, dammit!”


 

“They’re my chocolates! Why do you care?”


 

Taemin cried out as he flailed his arms to reach for the box, and Jongin prevented it by pushing Taemin's forehead back. 

 


“Why? Why? Because I’m human enough to feel bad!" Jongin answered, "You just dumped the girl and you still have the nerve to eat these?!”

 


“Do not touch Lee Taemin when he’s consuming his sugar.”

 


Taemin growled as he glared at Jongin with utmost rage, and Jongin gave him a pathetic look. 

 


“…Fine. Eat it. Eat and die of hypoglycemia or hippocemia or whatever it is. Go die!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter