EPILOGUE - ANOTHER KISS

Then Came You

 

 

 

 

If it was any other day Byun Baekhyun would have gladly let Chanyeol drag him to wherever the potato wanted to go, would have happily trudged on the muddy sidewalk for no apparent reason at all except that Chanyeol asked him to. But it wasn't just any other day. Today, he was to have lunch with Park Chanyeol’s parents and he really wanted to make a good impression.

He patted his styled, brown hair, making sure that every strand was still in place. He glanced at the determined look on Chanyeol’s face as they walked in the downpour, potato-ahjussi protecting him from the rain with a big, black umbrella. No one looking at them would have guessed that the taller man was the newly minted President of KStar Entertainment and the brunette he was holding hands with would be a famous clothing magnate in the future. They looked good together in their casual clothes, though, their heights complementing each other’s, and their faces alight with a glow only true lovers have.  

Baekhyun checked his phone for the time. They still had an hour before lunch but he didn’t want to be late. Not only would he be meeting Mr. and Mrs. Park, they’d be eating with Kyungsoo and Jongin and Grandma Park, too. He was confused as to why Chanyeol suddenly asked him for a walk—in the pouring rain, no less—when they could have done it another day. Baekhyun was worried that Chanyeol’s parents would not think too nicely of him when they arrived with mud caked shoes and damp pants.

“Chanyeol? Where exactly are we going?” he asked the taller man. The potato just smiled down at him though. Seriously, his stomach felt like it was being attacked by a thousand circus monkeys and the taller boy was just smiling so calmly, he looked ready to fall asleep!

Just then he noticed a familiar street sign up ahead. What were they going to do in a bus stop? There was quite a crowd waiting in the shed so they both could only stand on the side, huddling together under the umbrella.

“Oh, why didn’t you tell me Joey’s not okay?”

Chanyeol turned to him. “Joey’s fine.”

“Then why are we lining up here?” Baekhyun was more baffled than ever. Chanyeol was still being a secretive potato. He ended up just sighing and huddling closer to the taller man. He was wearing a light jacket but the temperature was steadily dropping, making him shiver.

Just then the green bus arrived. The doors opened and the people hurried to go into the vehicle’s welcoming warmth. Baekhyun waited until the last of the older passengers were inside before he started to climb in after. But before he could take one step further, he was abruptly spun to his left and was stunned when Chanyeol leaned down, flicked a quick glance at his mouth and kissed him. Kissed. Him.

Baekhyun’s eyes rounded in surprise but the feeling of those soft lips moving slowly against his made them close. His heart went into overdrive. Just like it always does when Chanyeol does that thing with his teeth on Baekhyun’s lower lip. He didn't notice his hand lift to pull the boy closer. But just as suddenly as it came, the lips disappeared. Baekhyun blinked his eyes open.

He wished that he wasn’t sharing that goofy look that Chanyeol currently had on his face. But alas, he most probably did. The only good thing was that Chanyeol had the umbrella low over their heads, concealing them from anyone who chances to look.

“What was that for?” he whispered.

“There was once a boy who pulled me back just as I was trying to get on the bus to get to one of the most important meetings of my life.“ Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun’s cheek with his free hand before he continued. “Then he had the audacity to steal my first kiss!”

“He did?” Baekhyun asked in awe. He was Chanyeol’s first kiss, too?

“Yeah. The worst part was he didn’t just steal the kiss. He also stole my heart.”

“That thief!” He was grinning but there was a burn behind his eyes.

“I know right. I didn’t want to give it at first.” Chanyeol sighed dramatically. “Then I realized I didn’t want mine back. I wanted his.” The taller man slid his hand around Baekhyun’s nape and pulled him close.

“Did you get it? His heart I mean.”

“Yup, I did. The pup was even begging for me to take it.”

Baekhyun poked Chanyeol’s stomach before he rested his cheek against Chanyeol’s jaw. “Dumb pup then.”

“Dumb, yes. But he was the best dumb pup.”

“But obviously, you two fit.” Baekhyun hated the way his voice shook. “Because you’re the worst potato.”

“I wouldn’t have anyone else.”

Baekhyun held on tighter. “We’re going to be late for lunch.”

“It’s okay. Holding you here like this is more important.” Chanyeol said against his hair.

“You could have chosen a better weather before you decided to do this,” Baekhyun teased.

“I don’t have an answer to that so I’ll just distract you with an I love you, pup.”

Baekhyun laughed. “I love you, too potato-ahjussi.”