PROLOGUE - THE KISS

Then Came You

 

If it was any other day Park Chanyeol would have just stayed inside his black C4 Corvette and waited for help, waited for his assistant-slash-bodyguard-slash-longtime friend Zitao to come get him and have his beloved car, Joey, towed for repair. But it wasn't any other day. Today, his agency was sealing the deal with a new talent as well as joining a collaboration that will surely rock the country's music industry. And damnit, he was running late.

He ran his hand through his straight, sandy blonde hair, mussing it a bit. Chanyeol glanced impatiently at his watch, a frown marring his forehead and an adorable dimple on his cheek softening the otherwise stern expression on his handsome face. No one looking at him would have guessed that he was one of the most powerful names in show business. His appearance screamed wealth--outfitted in stark white shirt and a pencil-straight black tie, as black as his designer pants that flattered his long legs. But with his suit jacket slung over his left arm, Chanyeol looked more like a model than the interim president of the country's biggest entertainment company.

His phone buzzed. I'll be there in half an hour, the message read. Chanyeol thought it was of no use whether Zitao arrived or not because he wouldn't be there in half an hour. He wasn't going to wait by his car in this hot weather. There were no taxis about and he had to get to the office immediately. So although he had never ridden one before, Chanyeol now stood waiting on a bus stop, looking uncomfortable and out of place.

The ahjummahs to his right were eyeing him and his open black umbrella strangely. Chanyeol shrugged, it was hot. He didn't want to turn up at the office wilted and sweating, hence the umbrella. He paid another glance at his watch. Fifteen minutes before the meeting starts. Damn.

Chanyeol wanted to pump his fist in the air when he finally caught sight of the green public bus nearing the stop. The people shuffled and pushed past Chanyeol to get on. A stickler for order and perfection, he walked to the end of the line since he didn't want to force his way through the passengers and risk ruffling his clothes further. He was about to close his umbrella and step inside the bus when all of a sudden, a hand on his arm roughly pulled him back.

He almost fell on his if it wasn't for the hand's tight grip. He was abruptly spun to his left and was stunned when he found a beautiful stranger standing in front of him. The top of the guy's head barely reached Chanyeol's nose. But before he was able to register anything more, the boy, still clutching his arm, stood on his tiptoes, flicked a quick glance at his mouth and kissed him. Kissed. Him.

Chanyeol's eyes rounded in shock. Good God. His heart went into overdrive. This was... he was... He couldn’t move. What was  He didn't notice his eyelids slowly close. This was... He didn't notice his hand lift to pull the boy closer, either. God, this really was... The soft mouth clung and moved against his once, twice. But just as sudden as it came, the lips disappeared. Chanyeol blinked his eyes open and the stranger was gone. Damn.

He turned around him to look but the boy was nowhere to be found. Slowly regaining his wits, he shook his head and realized that along with the guy, the bus was gone, too. Double damn.

Left alone and confused, Chanyeol touched a finger to his lips. What just happened?