Deal

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You sat on the white fluffy carpeted floor in Kai’s room with your knees up to your chin. It’s been 8 long hours since you last moved from that position and your bottom was becoming exceptionally sore. Your side leaned diligently against the room’s long window pane as you fiddled with your thumbs. Part of you was lost in deep thoughts while the other part had been admiring the scenery outside.

Oh the wonderful things you were willing to give just to feel the green grass beneath your toes, the autumn breeze prancing on your skin, and the smell of what Earth had to offer. You wanted badly to leave Heaven’s bubble, but you were afraid to pop it. What you needed right now was a guiding hand, someone or something to hold onto in case you slipped.

That someone you knew had to be that human boy.

As you sat there silently, you thought about a gazillion things you could say to Kai. If only your mind was quick enough to summon up a better reason to persuade him when he gets back, he might give another thought to believe you a little.

Fat chance.

However, you weren’t swayed by his attitude or his cold exterior. You were responsible for him now and whether he liked you or not, he had to it up because you were indeed his guardian. A devious smile formed across your face when you knew that you had him under your thumb.

 What’s there to be scared of?

You blew air into your cheeks. What time is it? You looked around the room for a clock, but saw none. A loud yawn escaped your mouth and you rubbed your tummy gently. It was hurting a lot and you didn’t know why. Rumbling noises inside grew louder by the passing hour. Maybe this is just part of being human. You thought shrugging it off.

A few more hours flew by and the light outside disappeared gradually. The sky closed in and darkness took over. You could no longer see the green grass, the old trees with falling leaves splashed in golden colors, nor the massive water fountain with a baby angel spurting water from its mouth. You sighed, stretching your legs out on the floor feeling a tad bit annoyed when the room dimmed.

Where the hell is that human? You finally stood up slowly after much debate whether you should move or not. Just when you got to your feet, the door to the room swung open hastily and the lights switched on. You flinched and cover your eyes from the blinding light as Kai jumped when he saw you standing there like a stone.

“—the .” He stared at you, heart thumping rapidly.

“H-hello.” You smiled meekly with a small wave.

“Why are you still here?” He glowered angrily. “Didn’t I make it clear to you earlier?”

You shrugged casually. “Didn’t I make it clear to you also?” He closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck. You were such a pain.

“For the last time, get out.”

“You know…” You furrowed your eyebrows at him. “Whether you like me being here or not, I’m staying. If you kick me out now, don’t even dare beg me to come back and help you when you wake up tomorrow in the slums.”

Kai dropped his backpack onto the floor and stared at you unbelievably. There you went again with the threatening. He was taken aback at how serious you actually were about this.

What if…just what if she was telling the truth? I’ll have to listen to this brat from now on?

“Ok…” Kai muttered rubbing his face. “So..let’s just say you’re really my…my..g-guardian angel or whoever the heck you are!” He gritted his teeth feeling embarrassed for slightly admitting it. “You’re saying…that you’re here to protect me?”

“If you want me to.” You smiled. “I’m here to guide you and prevent you from hurting yourself. If you do anything stupid then I’ll have to stop you definitely.”

“What kind of idiot would hurt themselves?” He looked at you as if you were the dumb one. You snickered and grabbed the leather gloves on the counter and held it up in mid air. “The kind of idiot who would drag race recklessly.”

Kai marched up to you and snatched his gloves away from your hands. “Stay the hell out of my business.”

“As much as I want to, I can’t. I’m Sorry.”

“You’re not really sorry are you?”

You laughed. “So I’m guessing you believe me now.”

He rolled his eyes and murmured words that you couldn’t catch. He then turned to look at you, “If you want to stay here, you’ll have to follow a few conditions.”

“What kind of conditions?” You narrowed your eyes at him not liking his tone of voice.

“Whatever I tell you to do in this house; you’ll do as I say. At home, you’re my girlfriend, but when we’re out and people ask then you’re my long lost cousin. Got that? Don’t follow me around either because I HATE stalkers. Get out of my business and stop trying to get to know me better. Keep your distant and know your place.”

This moron. You almost scoffed at his “I’m too good for you” attitude. He made it seem as though you really wanted to be stuck to him like glue. Besides, he was demanding you to listen to him like he was the boss of you.

“For your information, I am the one CHARGE of you, human boy.” You stated as a matter of fact. “One, I am not going to let you address me anyway you want to; girlfriend, cousin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter