First day at work

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You’re a MONSTER.

MONSTER.

You crumbled the paper back up and stuffed it in the pocket of Kai’s jacket. With a heavy sigh you slumped in your seat and tried to ignore everyone around you. The little notes you were receiving had not been the kindest yet. Of course you didn’t blame anyone besides yourself for causing this uproar around school. However, since that morning with Hyun Woo, you had successfully scared off a large flock of enemies. 

One more hour. Just one more hour to go until school’s out.

Truthfully, you were quite enjoying the hate. Girls left you alone; no more evil glares, catty snarls, and purposeful shoulder bumps. Heck, you were even given more than enough space in class because everyone had shifted their desks to the far right of the room.

As you were kindly minding your own business, Choi Rin carried her hind legs over to you; all arms crossed in defense. You raised an eyebrow at her when she stopped in front of your desk.

“Get out of that seat.” Rin sneered.

Not again. So en tired of this. You groaned, rolling your eyes.  “I beg your pardon?”

“Get. OUT. Of that seat.” She gritted her teeth. “Don’t sit anywhere near Luhan oppa.”

You stared blankly at her before tilting your head. “And I should listen to you because…?”

“We’ll make you leave…” Rin huffed angrily, her nostrils flaring. “You’re not en normal and I don’t want a disgusting monster like you being close to Luhan oppa. Who knows what you’ll do to him.”

You chuckled and slightly shook your head. Seriously, girls are so damn possessive. “As far as I’m concern, I’m nowhere near sitting with your Luhan. But you know what’s more disgusting than being a monster?” You blinked at her with a smile. “Calling someone who’s the same age as you ‘oppa’.”

“E-Excuse me?” She glared at you incredulously. “How en dare you speak to me that way. Y-You think I’m scared of you just because everyone is?!” She immediately placed her hand on your shoulder and dug her nails through the fabric of your jacket. “I know you wouldn’t dare try to put your fingers on me.”

You side glanced at her hand on your shoulder and frown. Was Sora testing your temper and patience to see if you were going to slam this toothpick of a girl to the wall or something? If that was the case, you were prepared to face the consequences.

Don’t give in to these es no matter what. You don’t move a muscle as Rin’s finger continued to claw your shoulder. She was deliberately pushing your buttons and you knew one wrong move was going to send you to the principal’s office.

“I’m telling you one last time to get the out of this seat.” She growled viciously. “Just leave the damn classroom while you’re at it.”

“Rin…” You said her name without looking at her; your eyes vacantly staring straight forward. “If I was you, I wouldn’t touch me…”

Her fierce expression faltered instantly and chills ran down the back of her spine by your words. They were more than just a warning; they were real and the way you had said it freaked her out.

“You can’t hurt me.” She countered stupidly. “It’ll be the end of you if you try to lay your hands on me. You’re nothing. You might have Kai backing you up, but not for long.”

You bit the inside of your cheeks when she continued to provoke you. It was funny how she was shaking while trying to appear confident. Just one punch won’t kill right? One punch only.

“Didn’t she tell you not to touch her?”

A hand clasped over Rin’s wrist and forcefully pulled her hand off of your shoulder.

You looked up meeting eyes with Luhan. His face was filled with both anger and resentment as he swung the girl to the side carelessly.

 

“Oppa!” Rin screeched when she stumbled.

 

“Don’t call me that.” He snapped and turned to face her. “This better be the last time I see you do something like this.”

 

“B-But..oppa..” Rin stuttered as tears filled her reddened eyes. “I’m just trying to protect you from this—this freak! Didn’t you hear what she did this morning?!”

 

“I don’t en care or want to know….” Luhan stared her down. “Just go.”

“Oppa…” Her voice shook. “You shouldn’t take that monster’s side so much. Hee Jin unnie wouldn’t—”

Luhan immediately grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the classroom before she was done speaking. The way his eyes flickered with obscurity when Hee Jin’s name was brought up caught you off guard. You stared at their retrieving backs wondering why she had anything to do with this.

It wasn’t long before Luhan came back and you tried not to take notice of the change in his mood. You could feel his aura radiating madness when he walked through the door without Rin.

Luhan glared at everyone who watched him make his way back to your side. He threw his bag onto the desk beside you and sat down. The students gasped in shock and a round of whispering filled the classroom at once.

 

What the hell?

 

“Y-Yah….” Your eyes widened. “Why are you sitting—”

“Don’t listen to what anyone says.” Luhan cut you off. He slowly turned his head to look at you. “You told me not to get close to you, right?” The seriousness of his expression sent a wave of eeriness through your body. He leaned forward, his head tilted to the side as he gazed deep into your eyes.

“That’s exactly what I’m going to do. Get closer to you.”

 

You held in your breath, unable to move.

Even when he inched his face towards yours, your body refused to break away from the nearing contact. You suddenly felt so vulnerable under his penetrating stare that your heart began to ache in such a way that you were unable to hide the pain in your chest. In his cold eyes, you saw an image of Minah. It gave you an odd feeling that he was hiding something from you; something you’ve been desperately searching for.

 

Luhan…Luhan.

 

That inner voice rang in your ears once again and you found yourself weakening all over. Everything about him always felt so familiar. From yesterday to today, there was such a big difference to him that you couldn’t process the reason why he continued to sway you the way he did. You thought if he’d just stay away, everything would be fine and you could pretend he was no one to you at all.

Did Luhan find pleasure in watching you drown in a pool of misery and confusion? If not, why was he doing this to you? You swallowed a lump stuck in your throat as you try to decipher this feeling that crawled through your veins.

Why am I hurting inside? I told you not to look into his eyes, Ah Ri.

 Luhan held back his raging heart. He fought the urge to tell you everything he knew of you because he was still afraid to face your reaction. Having to see you this way was like watching you fall all over again. He wanted to pick you up, fix those broken pieces and possibly ask for forgiveness, but it was so much easier said than done.

I shouldn’t do this to her. Not now, not here in front of everyone watching. I’m frightening her.

 

Why was he being so forceful? He didn’t know himself. It was that selfish part of him that wanted to have you close to him because he never had that chance to begin with. As you stared back at him intensely with your brown orbs filled with crystal tears, his reason for wanting you so badly all made sense to him.

“Can’t you just….trust me?” Luhan whispered. He looked so hopeless and you thought maybe it was the way he had questioned you that made you waver ever so slightly.

You rapidly blinked when the warmth of Luhan’s hand placed gently on your cheek. His thumb swept away a single tear that had fallen without consent. A surprised gasp left your lips as you pulled back from his touch, completely dumbstruck by your own reckless emotions.

You had no idea what just happened or why you were tearing up, but you couldn’t stand being there with him another second longer. When the bell rang, you grabbed your bag and ran out of the classroom without looking back. You didn’t want to see his expression that was more than enough to change your mind.

 

Luhan was making this so hard for you, but you knew the problem was yourself. If you would stop running away and open up to others then maybe these horrible feelings would subside.

 

Ah Ri, you fool.

 

~~~

You had just got done changing into your P.E. clothes because you didn’t want to go to your job looking as if you just got into a cat fight. You stood by the entrance door of the school with your backpack in one hand and Kai’s jacket in another as you watched him flirt with Hee Jin.

 

Students were already heading home and yet, your human boy just couldn’t wait to find a room to do that disturbing stuff elsewhere. With goosebumps running all over your arms, you reluctantly made your way towards the two love birds.

 

 “Sure, I’ll go with you.” Kai flashed a smile. You rolled your eyes when you heard him let out a rather high pitched laugh.

“Thanks Kai, I don’t know what I’ll do without you.” Hee Jin giggled as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She had her backed against the wall while he leaned towards her with his hand placed next to her head.

Kai didn’t realize you had been standing there for quite some time now until he spotted you at the corner of his eyes. He stood up straighter and distanced himself from Hee Jin when he noticed that you looked as if you had just run a marathon.

“Here.” You handed him his jacket when he walked up to you. He furrowed his brows before accepting it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter