When you hurt..I do too

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai clenched his fists angrily. He wasn’t sure why he was still in this situation when he could have just taken off. Seeing the two people he despise the most was worse than having his pig follow him everywhere he went.

“You’re going to do what I say, Jong In.” His dad stood before him, his patience with his son slipping by the minute.

“It’s Kai and for the last time, no. I’m not going to take over your damn business or work with you.” Kai had tried to control the volume of his voice, but clearly that wasn’t happening.

His dad raked a hand through his hair frustratingly. He knows his son is stubborn and hates him for past reasons, but he wasn’t going to let him get away with acting like a child anymore. “Yes, you will and that’s the end of it.”

“Never in hell will I do what you say.” Kai sneered. “You’re gone most of the time and now that you’re finally back, you’re making me do something out of my will. What makes you think I’ll just easily comply?”

“Son, I’m not forcing you to do it. I just want you to explore what the business world has to offer. One day, I’ll have to hand my company over to you.” His father said gently. “Please try to understand.”

Kai grind his teeth in aggravation. If that wasn’t forcing then what the hell was it? His answer was dead on ‘no’. Why couldn’t they just get it through their thick skulls?

“It’s you who doesn’t understand.” Kai argued further. “When Mom was alive, did you ever try to understand her? When she begged you, did you give her a chance? All you cared about is yourself and your own en happiness.”

“Watch your language, son.” His dad turned red instantly. “I loved your mother. I tried to make everything right again, but—”

“But it’s too late.” Kai felt his heart rate escalate talking about his mom. It was the last thing he ever wanted to bring up. “If you loved her, she wouldn’t have died—” His swiftly took a distasteful glance at the stepmother and grimaced. “—and you wouldn’t have married this woman who’s young enough to be your en daughter.”

Kai’s stepmom winced at his harsh words. She knew he hated her guts to the very core, but that didn’t stop her from marrying his dad. She was all for the money and his very good looking son. Her hope was to take everything and make it hers, even Kai.

“She is your step-mother now. You need to respect her, Jong In.” His dad’s voice rose again. “The business trip will be in a week. You’re going to go.”

“For ’s sake!” Kai bellowed as he tried to keep his cool. “Leave me the hell out this! I’m not going anywhere!”

“I’ll move your mother’s gravestone and you’ll never get to see her again.” His dad threatened. If there was anything that would possibly make his son obey, it would have to be about his mom.

Kai glared incredulously at the two in front of him. He was on the edge of eruption and who knows what could happen when he does snap. The nerve his dad had to even use his mom as an obstacle for him to have no choice in this decision.

“Touch Mom’s grave and you’ll never see my face again. I’ll make sure you both live in en hell before that ever happens.”

Kai’s dad was outraged. He heaved in a shaky breath to calm down because if he lost his temper, Kai would too and then everything would only result into an even bigger argument with his son running away from home. He knew this wasn’t going to be easy and Kai wasn’t going to forgive him anytime soon. He only wished they could get along again. If only Kai would allow that to happen.

“Sweetie…” Kai’s step mother stepped forward and walked up to him. “The trip will be fun and it’ll only be the three of us. Please do this for your father. He isn’t getting any younger and only wants the best for you.”

Kai scoffed loudly at the woman. “Well isn’t that a good thing for you then? We all know you’re just waiting for the day until he’s a goner. You might have fooled him, but not me.”

“KIM JONG IN!

“KAI!”

They both shouted at him in utter disbelief. His dad furrowed his brows furiously and gave his son a warning glare.

 Kai could care less about what they think or if he had gone overboard. He was not going to get treated like a damn child. He was living perfectly fine before and will do very well without the help of his dad’s in the future.

“Do whatever you want. I’m not going.” Kai said firmly. He glared at the woman next to his dad and his blood boiled. “Especially not with that .”

SLAP!!!!!

Kai’s head roughly turned to the side when his father smacked him hard across the face. His jaws tightened and he remained emotionless, although his body numbed. This was nothing to him and he was only glad it gave him all the right reasons to hate his dad even more. To put down your own child and succumb to a conniving wasn’t surprising one bit.

“You do not speak to you step-mother that way!” He roared. Kai’s lips slightly twitched, unfazed by the burning of his cheek. If anything, it only satisfied him.

“Honey, don’t hurt him!” The step mom screeched in over exaggerated shock when her husband hit his son.  Her expression was filled with concern as she tried consoling Kai.  “Sweetie—Kai, are you alright? Let me see…”

She reached a hand up to Kai’s face and attempt to touch the cut at the corner of his mouth.

“Don’t en touch me.” With swift reflexes, Kai immediately grabbed her arm and shoved her harshly to the side. His step-mother staggered backwards and fell to the floor dramatically.

 “JONG IN! You cruel, ignorant child! How dare you hurt someone who actually cares about you! I’m ashamed to have a son like you!” His father’s eyes turned dark as he scrambled to help his young wife up asking if she was alright before turning onto Kai in revulsion and disappointment. His hand balled into a fist ready to hit his son one more time.

He raised his fist in the air and Kai doesn’t dare move a muscle when his dad swung at him another time with all his force.

~~~

You ran up the steps towards Kai’s house as fast as you possibly could. What made you think he was even home? You didn’t even possess the power of a psychic, but your instincts had led you to him. Certainly, he had become a part of you.

Uneasiness filled your stomach recalling his enraged voice echoing in your head.

If this is a joke, someone’s going to lose their teeth tonight.

You grasped onto the door knob, not bothering to even knock and flung the front door open in haste.

 

Breathings stopped. You froze.

 

What appeared before your eyes made you shudder; your heart aching more than you could possibly imagine.

 

Kai’s father looked like he was going to murder a with his fist in mid air, directing it towards his one and only child.  You were mortified at the scene. Why the hell was your human boy just standing there unmoving? It was hard to admit, but no way on earth were you going to let him get hurt even if it was his own father’s ill doing.

“KAI!!” You hissed fiercely and ran to his side hastily. With the stamina you had left from such a tiring day, you plunge forward to shield Kai from the slap that he was about to receive for the second time.

You crashed into Kai, catching him off guard as a hard blow to your face followed soon afterwards. You winced and blinked at Kai’s father’s shock expression; at the same time trying to take in the slap that was undeniably painful.

“The —are you insane?” Kai grabbed your right arm and pulled you around to face him. He was fuming mad at your sudden appearance on saving his once again when he seriously didn’t need it. His nostrils flared when he took one glance at your reddened cheek.

You stupid pig!

Fum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter