Ice Cream

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Woooow….” You stared at all the sweet deliciousness behind the glass and began salivating. Was it even possible for an ice cream bar to carry so many flavors? Why haven’t you heard of such place before?!

Luhan smiled to himself as he stared at you from the side. You were like a child lost in candy land and it was the most endearing sight ever. He clearly remembers that look on your face whenever you were excited. It was so obvious you still had a sweet tooth for ice cream.

“Go for it.” Luhan nudged you gently. “It’s all yours so pick anything you want.”

You gulped and looked up at him, unsure. How did he know you were craving for some? It would be a lie if you said you still disliked him because right now, he could simply become your favorite person.

Ahh…my weakness for ice cream is kicking in again.

“We’ll get a scoop of each flavor.” Luhan spoke to the server.

“Each flavor?” Your eyes widened at his request. It was impossible to eat all of that in one setting.

He smiled. “Why not? It’s all you can eat.”

“Alright…if you say so….” You tried hiding the grin that etched across your face. What could be better than ice cream? You even forgot about the stupid human child.

The two of you took a seat next to a window and you were literally jumping with joy as the server placed each plate of pure heaven onto your table. When she left, you wasted no time to dig in, totally forgetting about Luhan’s presence.

Luhan bit his spoon and observed your every move and expression. Was this reality? He was still digesting the fact that you were in front of him right now, not giving him the cold shoulders nor trying to run away. The best thing was that you weren’t in any pain like before.

He watched with amusement as you took a huge bite of cookies n’ cream, strawberry blonde, caramel fudge, and butter pecan. You were about to go in for more when he stopped you.

“Whoa, easy there tiger…” Luhan chuckled and shield the ice cream plates from your attacking spoon. You pouted and blinked up at him. Why are you taking my ice cream from me? You gave him your trademark aegyo expression in which crushed him into bits and pieces.

Nooo…stop that. Luhan had to literally prevent himself from doing something he’ll regret to you. He narrowed his eyes playfully and shook his head.

“You’ll get a brain freeze if you continue to eat that fast. No one’s taking it from you, so slow down.”

You tried not to scowl because Luhan sounded just like the stupid human. “Sorry, I must look like a pig.” You sighed and reluctantly placed your spoon back onto the table.

“W-What—no!” Luhan’s eyes widened. “That’s not what I meant!” He let out a rather loud chuckle and immediately picked up your spoon for you. “Eat as much as you like. I know you love ice cream.”

He knows I love ice cream…

You found yourself having a staring contest with the boy across from you. Why did he continue to give you that familiarize aura? Before, you’ve always avoided him because of the splitting headaches you’d received whenever he was around, but now, it seemed as though that pain had vanished completely. Being around Luhan didn’t hurt like it used to; being around him was almost normal.

 “Luhan…” You softy said his name and it made his ears perk up at once. His eyes were somehow filled with nervousness when you stared back at him with such curious orbs. It was the kind of look that made his stomach jitter with butterflies and not only did he hated that feeling, he hated that it had to be you.

“Y-Yeah?” He tried to remain calm when you leaned forward. Heck, when did he suddenly become so anxious?

“Why did you put a bet on me?” You slightly tilted your head to the side. Your question had caught him off guard. The way your brows creased and your eyes blinked innocently at him were impossible to dislike. Her actions are so similar to Minah’s…

“I—” Luhan averted his attention to the table and jabbed his spoon into a bowl of ice cream to keep from appearing nervous.

“—I don’t know.” He shrugged and looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter