Trust

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai noticed that something wasn’t quite normal by the feel of your body. It was slim and smaller built, making him doubt the idea that you were a man in the first place. Nevertheless, your refusal to talk or even answer him during the ride made him become more curious as to how this hero of his came to save him right on time.

He leaned in closer to you with both his arms securely wrapped around your waist as if it was his last security. Being with you, he felt oddly safe and familiar from the protectiveness that emitted off of you. His fingers fiddled with the hem of your shirt as he tried taking his eyes away from you. Kai then tiredly placed his chin on your shoulder and allowed the darkness of the road ahead engulf you both back to the finish line.

 

~~~~~

You slowed down the bike as soon as you neared the bright lights and red flags. The crowds of people from earlier were all still there which only meant one thing; they were waiting for their beloved Kai. You were suddenly ticked off again about this whole event and the only thing that could have prevented it from happening was if your stupid human boy hadn’t initiated it first. You pressed on the gas with more force than you should have and the bike sped forward. Dirt flew past everyone as you turned sharply in a semi-circle and came to an abrupt halt.

You stayed in your fixed position and waited for the trouble maker to get off. Kai slowly released his hands from you and the warmth he received dispersed immediately. He pulled off his helmet before getting down. You don’t move a muscle as you look straight ahead, still contemplating whether or not you should just take off with Chanyeol’s bike without revealing yourself.  

 

“I’d like to say thanks, but….it’ll be nice to know who you are first.” Kai furrowed his brows at you. He was becoming more suspicious now.

 

Alright, but you won’t like what you’re about to see, human.

 

With a swift movement, you swung your leg over the bike and got down. Standing a few feet from Kai, you grabbed your helmet by the bottom and gradually pulled it off your head. Kai watched in utter shock when his savior just turned his worst nightmare.

 

The way your silky long hair flowed down in elegant trails caught him off guard. Your serious, yet flustered expression was almost breath taking and he found himself unable to take his gaze away from you. As you glared at him with cold stone eyes, his mind clouded into a cluster of confusion.

 

Noway…it can’t be. This isn’t the pig.

But he knew he was only lying to himself. The only person who would ever dare to look at him so vulgarly was you. And when you began to walk up to him, he forgot how to breathe. He wasn’t sure if he was afraid of your upcoming wrath or the way you appeared so ruggedly attractive.

“Yah, close your mouth.” You sneered at him.

Kai blinked at you unbelievably. “Who the hell asked you to do this?!”

“Well, who else would save your sorry behind besides me?!” You bellowed irritably. “You should thank me instead!”

“I didn’t need you!” Kai scoffed as he stared at you up and down. “For someone who was scared to death about a bike sure knows how to ride one. Don’t you think you’re going a little overboard with your immortal powers? ”

“I should have just left you to die out there, you ungrateful human!” You marched up to him and tried to reach his height by tip-toeing. “Do you have any idea what you just caused? Do you want me to be stuck down here with you forever?! If you wish for me to leave soon then stop being so reckless!”

Kai glowered down at you, taken aback by your behavior towards him. Why were so mad? He really couldn’t understand why you had to protect him as if your life depended on it. If it was his fate to die, then nothing could stop that from happening.

“YAH! Kai! Ah Ri!” Baekhyun and the others interrupted. They ran towards you both and you immediately step away from Kai. You looked away; eyes on the ground because you weren’t sure why you felt teary. Why am I so emotional right now? No..no..no. I can’t.

“Thank goodness you guys are alright!” Suho breathed out a loud sigh of relief when he saw that there was not even a scratch on his friend’s body.

 “Oh my god! Thank you thank you thank YOU for being alive!!!” Chanyeol fell to his hands and knees. “Don’t ever do this to me again, Ah Ri!”

“Ah Ri…you—you are en amazing….” Sehun looked at you wide eyes. “You were actually able to save him.”

“Yeah, what a huge mistake that was…” You muttered.

Kai glared at you. His lips unconsciously formed into a pout. “Pig.”

“I can’t believe you caught up to him…” D.O gave you a stunned stare. “You’re really something else aren’t you?”

“You could say that....” You bit your bottom lip. Hmm..if only they knew.  “I-I used to ride motorcycles awhile back. Ha..ha…” You shamefully lied.

Kai couldn’t hold back his chortle at your obvious lie. He watched with amusement as you raked your hand through your hair that the wind tangled up. It was clear to him that you were annoyed and aggravated too. He knew it was his own fault for not listening to you before, but of course he wasn’t going to admit to it.

 “Hey…” Suho nudged him. “You ok?”

“Why?” Kai furrowed his brows.

“Because you just lost the race.” Baekhyun snickered as he directed his gazes towards the oncoming motorcycles that were followed by loud cheering of the crowd.

! Kai instantly looked at you. He felt horrible now that he realized what he had caused. He put you up like some prize possession and now he was going to have to give you away. It was so ridiculous just thinking about how stupid this whole thing was. He swallowed back; his gaze focused on your unemotional expression.

Luhan and his friends stopped in front of you and Kai. You watched his eyes traveled over to you while he walked over to the guys.

 “I guess this wasn’t your night.” Luhan smirked at Kai. “Nice try though.”

Kai clenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter