Badass in action

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“She’s mine.” Luhan smiled deviously.

The way his penetrating eyes stared straight at you with a mixture of abhorrence and desire, baffled you. Somehow, he didn’t seem like the Luhan you knew; he was different in a frightening way. It was similar to the time you had met him during your first day of school. That murky expression of his couldn’t be forgotten. Seeing Luhan act like this was uncomfortable and confusing at the same time.

Kai smirked cunningly as he ran he hands through his tousled hair. “Out of all things you could possible get from me, you want her?” He pointed your way. You were too lost for words to even try to move from your position. What in the world is going on and why am I part of this?

“Why? You can’t give her up?” Luhan his bottom lip and arched an eyebrow. “I guess there’s no point in this race then. After all, you’re just a kid.”

That really pushed Kai’s buttons. No way in hell was he going to let any bastard think lowly of him. Fire burned in his eyes as he swiped his thumb across his bottom lip. “I was expecting for something more. If it’s her you want, that’ll be even easier. She doesn’t mean anything to me.”

Your head turned to look at Kai in utter shock. First, he was using you as some prize possession and now, he just admitted that you were nothing to him. You suddenly felt redundant and pointless; like a toy. The wall you had built to protect yourself began to close up again. It was useless denying that your heart didn’t hurt because it did. Tremendously.

“It’s a deal then. See you at the starting point.” Luhan gave you one last glance and a small smile before placing the helmet over his head. He and his pack of friends took off right away.

You gritted your teeth angrily and grabbed Kai’s arm. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m going to race that bastard and win.” He began walking back to his bike, but you blocked him.

“And what if I won’t let you?” You said dead seriously.

“It’s just one race.” Kai attempted to ruffle your hair, but you dodged his hand. “I’ll take you for a ride after this.”

You had a really horrible feeling about this event. It wasn’t like you wanted to prevent him; it was the fact that you knew something bad was going to happen if you allowed him to race today. Being his guardian meant knowing what ought to occur and you weren’t going to sit back and watch it take place.

“I don’t think you understand me still.” You held tightly onto his sleeve; your gaze stuck on the ground because you couldn’t bear to look at him. “I’ve made it clear to you about my reasons for being here in the beginning. You’re not making things easier for the both of us.”

Kai let out an irritated sigh as he unclasped your hand. “Then leave. It’s that simple. I never asked you to be here in the first place.”

You went numb to his words. An indescribable feeling of rejection harbored your soul and you had no reason for being by his side anymore.

“Fine.” You tried to prevent your voice from shaking. “Then I guess there’s no point of me staying.”

Kai scowled as you began to walk forward “So you’re really going to leave?” He swallowed his guilt of having said those harsh words to you. If only you weren’t so uptight about things, he wouldn’t have gone overboard either.

You stopped in your tracks without looking back at him. “Next time you want to put someone’s life at stake, make sure you understand what it means to live. Even if I’m nothing to you, it doesn’t give you the right to make a bet out of me. I don’t belong to you.”

With that, you took off. Even when the other guys called for you, you didn’t turn around; too afraid they’ll see the hurt in your eyes. You were fed up with Kai at the moment. He was stubborn, but so were you. Two similarities couldn’t come to an agreement, that’s for sure.

More than sad, you were infuriated. Was choosing to be part of this mission the wrong decision? You tried not to feel the pain in your heart, but you couldn’t help it. Thoughtless words from him shouldn’t hurt this much should it? That stupid human could be so heartless. You pouted angrily. Who cares if something happens to that fool! He needs to learn a lesson for not listening to me.

Kai bit his bottom lip as your figure became less visible. I’ll prove to her that I got this. I’ll show her that I don’t need her to protect me. Even with all the positive thinking, he felt awful. He didn’t mean to make you part of this, but he pride was at risk. All he needed to do was win this and neither would he lose you nor his reputation.

“Let’s go guys.” Kai hopped into his motorcycle.

“Are you insane?” D.O called out to him. “You’re going to let her go like that?”

“I don’t have time to deal with this right now.” Kai the engine.

“What is wrong with you?” Baekhyun frowned at his friend. “You just gambled for her.”

“I’ll win. I always do.” He said confidently. “Aren’t you guys supposed to be on my side?”

Sehun grabbed his red helmet off the handle. “This is Luhan we’re talking about here…”

“And?”

“And you better win this or you’re going to have to give her up. You know this isn’t a joke!” Suho really wanted to smack some sense into this dongsaeng of his.

“I’m clear of that, but guys…..” Kai grew annoyed at their naggings. “Can we shutup now because I have a en race to win.” He kicked the stand and instantly sped off towards the awaiting competition.

“He’s such an idiot.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

~~~

You should go back. A familiar voice echoed in your head and you froze.

“S-Sora?” You looked from side to side, turning around in circles, but saw no one.

You can’t leave him like that.

“Yes, I can. He’s an .”

No, you can’t.

“I don’t care anymore! I’m calling this quits!” You yelled at nothing in particular with your hands in the air. “Now let me come back because I already know how I died anyways!”

That’s not the point of you going down to earth remember? Did you complete your duty to him? I don’t think so.

You grabbed your hair and pulled on it frustratingly. “ARRHHHG!!”

I wouldn’t do that if I was you.

“Whatever you say, I’m still not going back.”

You know the consequences. This is an order.

“I’ll take any punishment given. I’m ready.” You challenged bravely.

Kai’s in danger.

“W-What?” You stammered nervously.

Go after him. Stop him.

“I-I don’t care…” You stubbornly argued back even though your legs didn’t allow you to walk any further.

Yes, you do.

And Sora was right. You do care.

Because the next thing you knew, you were sprinting off in the direction you had just come from, unsure where you were heading to, but you knew your heart was leading you to Kai. You had to get to him as soon as possible.

Kai, you stupid, STUPID tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter