Incident

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What should we do now?” Chanyeol slumped into the sofa next to Baekhyun. “It’s only 6:30.”

“How about a movie?” D.O suggested, already digging in Suho’s pile of DVDs. “Documentary…documentary….and more doc—these are so boring!” He gave up immediately.

“Don’t even bother with that, D.O.” Baekhyun made a face. “Hyung has horrible taste in movies.”

“I do not!” Suho defended right away. “I just happen to like watching stuff that is educational.”

“There are plenty of great movies that are both very entertaining and educational.” Chanyeol raised a brow and put on a devious smile. “If you know what I mean….”

“Oh…OH….Channie...” Sehun’s voice pitched higher as he began . “….Yes...YES! Oppa harder! FAST—OW!! What the was that for?!”

Kai had smacked him in the head hard. His eyes flared in anger at the maknae as he mouthed to him ‘shut the hell up’. He signaled over to you who sat at the coffee table on the living room floor doing your homework and copying the notes that you missed for the day.

“Oops…” Sehun covered his mouthed chuckling. Kai rolled his eyes at their thoughtlessness, but felt relieved when he realized that you were completely oblivious to their rated conversation.  He smiled gazing at you from the side.

Baekhyun smirked and got up from his seat. He walked over to you and grabbed Kai’s notebook from your hands. You blinked dumbfounded and looked up, meeting with a pair of coy eyes.

Kai narrowed his gaze at Baekhyun when he saw how close he was to you. That punk.

“Hey cutie….what should we do tonight? You choose.” Baekhyun flashed you a dazzling smile. You dropped your pencil onto the table unsure of what he meant. The look on his face didn’t seem so innocent.

“Uh…” You instantly glanced warily over to Kai. He chuckled inwardly and bent over to snatch the notes back from Baekhyun. He placed it next to you and leaned down.

“Are you hungry?” Kai purposely changed the topic to shift you away from the fools. He knew they wanted to tease you, but seeing how naïve you were, it didn’t really matter at all. “What do you want to eat?”

“Food?” You lit up right away and everything seemed to be better at the thought of deliciousness going inside your stomach. Kai shook his head and tried not to smile. Your adorableness was starting to get to him.

~~~

You walked down the sidewalk between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The two had gladly volunteered to go buy dinner and you ended up tagging along—more like Chanyeol dragged you with them. The last thing you heard before the front door closed was Kai warning them to have you back in one piece.

Why is he treating me like this suddenly?

You couldn’t help but to feel a tad bit annoyed and conflicted.

“Ah Ri….” Chanyeol’s deep voice called your name close to your ears and you jumped a little. Goosebumps form at the side of your neck as you looked up at the giant.

“Yeah?”

“Are you and Kai……in love?”

“W-WHAT?” You sputtered. Love? In love?! You placed both hands over your stomach and laughed.

“I guess that’s a no….” Baekhyun whispered to Chanyeol. You took a deep breath before composing yourself and wiped away an invisible tear.

“We’re far from that, so rest assure.” You chuckled. “I won’t drag your little Jonginnie down for long.”

“Oh that’s not what we’re worried about.” Baekhyun waved. “We just wanted to know how you got him to be so normal lately.

“Haha…..” You let a nervous laugh. Shiet….can’t tell them the truth. “You’re just imagining things. Kai hasn’t changed.”

“If you’re not his cousin then who are you to him actually?”

“Yeah because the Kai we know doesn’t stick around girls. Neither would he tolerate anyone calling him Jongin. Are you some kind of…secret bodyguard hired by his father?” Chanyeol tilt his head at you.

“Or….maybe an assassin! OOOH.”

“Hey, you guys are being ridiculous! Did you two drag me along just to interrogate me? If you don’t trust me, I’m out of here.” You abruptly spun back around and headed towards the direction you had come from.

“Yah…..” Baekhyun laughed and grabbed onto your forearm to stop you. “We aren’t being suspicious of you. How could we when you’re being so cute like that?” He winked flirtatiously and your ignored him.

“Aww come on.” Baekhyun whine. “Since you and Kai have nothing going on, I’m saying maybe you and I could…you know…"

“Shut it Baek!” Chanyeol nudged him hard in the rib cage. “Don’t even try it. Kai will kill you first bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter