Sweet and Bitter

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai stirred irritably, waking up from his short sleep when he felt something nestling against his chest. His eyes gradually opened meeting the morning light that shone through the window.

He rubbed his eyes while he looked down at the object that woke him up.

P-Pig?! What the hell is she doing—OH…

He held in his breath and gazed at your face, recalling that he had put you there himself. You were oblivious to the fact that you both were sleeping together, sharing the same cover and pillow.

 Kai didn’t think much of it last night, but now he really wished he hadn’t decided that it was ‘ok’ to sleep beside you. After all, he never saw you as girl anyways.

However knowing how you’d react if you woke up to the sight, Kai slowly and quietly lifted up the blanket so he could escape before you got up.

When he tried taking out his arm that was around you, you felt the movement and instantly opened your eyes.

Kai froze; heart leaped out of his chest. DEAD.

“GAHHHH!!” You quickly sat up, eyes widening and before you knew it, you had kicked Kai off the bed.

“P-ERT!!” You shouted as he landed on the floor with a rather loud THONK and a groan. Frantically, you got on your knees and looked down to see if he was alright.

Kai glared up at you with a hand over the right side of his forehead. You gazed just as furiously back at him.

“What—why…h-how did I…when did we—” You stuttered.

“You’re such an ungrateful pig.” Kai snapped and got up from the floor. “Who asked you to sleepwalk into the living room? If it wasn’t for me, you’d be a frozen corpse.”

Your cheeks reddened and you slumped back onto the bed remembering last night. You then looked up at Kai and offered him a guilty smile which he completely ignored.

He sauntered angrily into the restroom muttering words that you couldn’t hear as he slammed the door loudly.

You scoffed and shrugged your shoulders. He definitely deserved that kicked for yesterday’s incident.

~~~

“Hurry up!” Kai grunted impatiently as you ran down the steps towards the limo; backpack in one arm and shoe laces untied.

You came to a halt in front of him, panting for your breath. “Your-your mom—”

Kai glared at you.

You gave him an apologetic grin. “I MEANT your STEP mom told you to go home early today…”

“To hell with her.” Kai rolled his eyes not caring about what you had just informed him. “I’m surprised she even talked to you.” He jeered.

“Well she didn’t actually…I’m just spreading the message—wait…why are we taking the limo?” You stopped yourself from going inside.

He shot you an annoyed look. “Just get in will you?!”

“No no no…” You shook your head and backed away slowly. “I can’t…I refuse to get dropped off at school like this! They’ll hate me even more…and YOU—” You pointed at him. “Are the main reason why.”

Kai swiftly got hold of your back collar and shoved you inside the limo as you whined and complained. He sat down next to you shutting the door. “Just be glad I’m nice enough to even give you a ride.”

You scowled. “Yeah yeah...like that’s gonna make it up for yesterday.”

“Shush.” Kai bopped you in the head and bent down to tie your right shoe lace for you; acting like it was a normal thing for him to do.

“We’re late…that’s why we’re taking the limo.” He explained as you bashfully watched him tie the other side of your shoe. “Gee…what would happen if you fell on your face? That’ll be an amazing scene wouldn’t it?”

“Shutup, jerk.”

~~~~

On the way to school Kai decided that for some reason he REALLY needed coffee and since you both were already late, might as well be extra late in that case. You failed miserably in stopping him.

While Kai ordered a hot Americano you pondered about what to get. You made a face at his bitter taste in coffee and finalized on something sweet.

“A medium ice caramel macchiato with whip cream and extra caramel, please.” You smiled at the cashier, biting down on your tongue.

“It’s really cold outside, are you sure you want an ice coffee?” The barista couldn’t help but grin at how cute you were while ordering.

You blinked at him and nodded. “I’m positive.”

Kai watched how the barista stared at you and he cringed in disgust and a bit fury. “Yah, pig. Get over here.” He called out to you loud enough for everyone in the café to hear. Even the barista felt bad for you and he shifted his eyes elsewhere.

Your head dropped lower and your face burned in embarrassment when people began staring at you. Kai held back his laughter and mentally patted himself on the back.

Stupid human . Who does he think he is calling me that in public?!

You turned around and gave him a warning glare. His arms were crossed and he looked at you with a proud smirk. Don’t make me embarrass you even more, Ah Ri. You know I’m good at doing things like this.

You thanked the barista for your coffee and stormed over to Kai. “Call me that again and I’ll really kill you, you fool.” You headed out of the café with Kai chortling behind you.

Serves her right for flirting.

 

“Why on earth are you drinking that?” Kai made a face at your extra caramel drizzled ice macchiato before he took a sip of his Americano. The driver slowly pulled out of the parking lot and into the street towards the school.

You stuck your tongue out at him and the overflowing whip cream with a contented sigh. Yumm...

“It’s a lot better than your bitter stuff.”

“At least I won’t freeze.” He muttered although he secretly wanted a taste of yours. Pabo pig, I purposely took you to get something warm to drink and you choose something icy instead.

“Do you want some?” You casually offered him your drink.

“No thanks.” Kai lightly pushed your hand away. “Only pigs drink that kind of stuff.”

You pouted and took back your macchiato. Stupid human.

Kai smiled inwardly as he stuck his hand into the pocket of his blazer and took out the hair tie he had gotten you. “Here.” He shoved it in your palms carelessly.

“W-what’s this?” You looked down at it confused.

“It’s to tie your bird’s nest.” He smirked. “Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter