Tears

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey wake up" Kai shook you lightly by the shoulder. "Ah Ri." 

 

You stirred and opened one eye slowly, then the other. "What is it?" You said with a hint of annoyance in your sleepy voice. Kai was kneeling on the floor next to you still wearing his pajamas.

 

"You were crying." He pointed to your face and you blinked at him dumb struck. 

 

"Huh?" you sat up and touched your cheeks. They were wet and cold. "w-what is this?" you stammered.

 

"Tears." Kai rolled his eyes at the way you looked so amazed by it. "It’s not that special, trust me."

 

You wiped your face with the back of your hand and rubbed your heavy eyes. "What time is it?"

 

"Almost 2 in the morning."

 

"Good night." you said quickly and began to lay down when Kai placed an arm behind your back to prevent you.

 

You groaned and pouted. "Kai, I'm tire...."

 

"What were you dreaming about?"

 

"I don’t know I don't remember. Can I sleep now?" Your eyes remained closed. 

 

Kai scowled. "No, you pig."

 

"Why not?" You whined when Kai held you by the shoulders. "Give me three more hours then I'll wake up. Please?" 

 

"Do you have any idea how scary you were screaming like a en maniac! I thought you were getting murder down here!" 

 

"Was not!!" your cheeks flushed red and you suddenly was wide awake. "a-and I was not crying!" you denied the tears you had just wiped away.

 

Kai gave you a look and pinched your nose. "Don't scare me like that again." he got up and turned off the lights muttering words you couldn’t catch.

 

Something about you ruining his dream, something about kissing; you swore you heard the word—"Did you just say you were dreaming about having—"

 

Kai threw a pillow down at you and it hit your heard with a soft thud. "Go to sleep." 

 

You cursed and tossed to your side but your sleepiness had faded already. *I was crying? Screaming about what?* you thought Long and hard about what you had dreamed about but nothing came to mind. 

 

A sigh escaped your lips. Well, your mind didn't feel too good either so that probably was the case. You stared at the wall and drew circles with your fingers.

 

"Are you sleeping?" Kai asked from above.

 

"Mmm.” You replied lazily.

 

"Can't sleep?"

 

"Not after you woke me up. No."

 

"You're welcome."

 

You scoffed and pulled the covers over your head to signal Kai that you were done with the conversation.

 

Kai rolled onto his side; his arm underneath his head.  "Do you....want to sleep up here with me?"

 

You slowly poked your eyes out of the blanket, registering what Kai has just asked you. Your stomach did summer salts as you stare blankly in the dark.

 

"So do you?" His voice sounded a bit embarrassed yet shy.

 

"No thanks." You rapidly replied and cuddled against the wall fully wrapped in your blanket.

 

Kai felt his face grow hot, but acted coolly. "Good because you'll just take up all the space anyways."

 

Yes, I hate body warmth. Keep telling yourself that Kai. He slapped his conscious away and breathed.

 

"Yeah sure!" you muffled through the blankets and Kai grunted. He couldn’t believe he had thoughtless asked if you wanted to sleep with him. That was the stupidest mistake ever. Now he couldn’t stop wondering what you were thinking of him now. Damn it.

 

"Well, I was just being considerate just in case you start crying like a cow that’s about to be slaughtered!" 

 

"I was not crying!" you shouted irritably; failing miserably trying to convince the bastard who clearly saw your stricken tears.

 

"Sure you weren’t, but just to let you know, if you wake up outside that probably means you were doing it again." Kai held back a chortle and closed his eyes in satisfaction. 

 

"…" you murmured and fell asleep.

 

 

 

Your legs carried you as fast as you could through the halls of the school as they chased you with upmost speed. Beads of sweat glide down the side of your face and your heart rate increased. Every time you looked behind you, the figures got closer.

 

Who? You couldn't see; couldn't make out the faces that were hidden in darkness. All you knew was that you had to run.

 

The school was familiar, it was the same one you went to everyday with Kai, but the entire building was vacant, dark, and so cold. You tripped and stumble to the ground; panting frantically when you heard noises behind you. Before you could react and run, the figures grabbed hold of you and pinned you down. 

 

You were dragged into a room and they ruthlessly slamm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter