Replica

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The P.E teacher blew the whistle and you lined up with rest of the girls on one side, while the guys made their way to the other. You were shoved to the back of the line just because every girl wanted a view of Kai and Luhan.  

“You’re swimming today! Hope you all didn’t forget to bring your swim suits!” The female teacher clapped her hands together. Everyone groaned and complained about the weather being too cold.

“Quit crying!” She shouted. “You’re swimming indoors, now go change!”

Just my lucky day. You swore quietly to yourself as your mind conjured ways you could get out of this. Just the sight of the chlorine pool irked you and to make it worse, how were you going to swim when you don’t know how to in the very beginning?

You looked up and saw Kai staring at you; his gaze burning holes in your face.  He wasn’t scaring you if that’s what he was trying to aim for. Apparently he was still angry that you had been ignoring him since the club incident.

ANGRY?! The only person who had the right to be pissed off was you, but of course you had no say in this because you were after all only his guardian. Still, you chose to give him the silent treatment that he deserved. That meant for two days you have been going to school without waking him up, stopped helping him with his homework, slept without telling him ‘good night’, and had not bothered about his whereabouts.

Kai on the other hand was too stubborn to apologize. He knew he had hurt you, but to even utter the words ‘I’m sorry’ would practically hurt his pride. In fact, he believed it was YOU who should apologize when you went home with Luhan without his consent. Yes, that’s right. You, who lived under his roof, should obey him at all cost and going home with the enemy was definitely the wrong thing for you to have done.

So, when you turned your nose upwards and marched off towards the girl’s locker room, he narrowed his eyes furiously at you, entirely denying the fact that he desperately wanted your attention. You ugly pig. He sighed, wondering how much longer he could last with you not talking to him. He shuddered that thought away quickly sensing that you were rubbing off on him already.

 

You came out of the locker room tugging at your shorts and oversize tee while everyone else wore their swim suits. No way in hell were you going to put those on.  

“Ah Ri!” Your P.E teacher, Ms. Won called for you. “Why aren’t you in your swim wear?!”

“I’m not going to wear that.” You told her straight forwardly.

“It’s required, now go put it on.” She gave you a strict look and pointed to the locker room. All the girls snickered, whispering by the bleachers and all attention from the rest of the students shot your way.

Luhan smirked and shook his head at your stubbornness. You were going at it again; always fighting your way out of things when you didn’t feel comfortable. He wasn’t going to forget that night when you held his hand; trembling from the cold and Kai who had embarrassed you in front of Hee Jin and everyone else who saw. Although he knew you accepted his offer at an impulse, it was enough for him. To finally break the ice that shielded you from him for just that brief moment was enough.

All that disappeared as quickly as the two of you exited the club and you let go of his hand at once. He remembered how your eyes glistened under the lights and appeared apologetic almost, but you refused to say a word to him. Instead, you bowed your head in a sign of thank you and ran off. He never had the chance to take you home.

 

 

“Didn’t you hear what she said?” An annoyed student crossed her arms and sneered at you. “You’re taking up our time!”

You continued not to budge and the teacher repeated herself. “Ah Ri…”

“She’s probably too fat and ugly to wear a swim suit!” Choi Rim and a few girls giggled. Kai stood up from the bleachers and gave you a look when he heard the remarks.

You turned around to face Choi Rim with a trivial smile. “Every girl has the right to be ugly Rim-sshi, but it’s only you who abuse that privilege.”

Kai and his friends on the other side gawked trying not to burst into laughter. Luhan crossed his arms and leaned against the pillar knowing you weren’t going to leave her alone until she had a piece of your mind as well.

“YOU !!” Choi Rim charged at you with her hand raised in mid air.

“STOP IT! THAT’S ENOUGH!” The teacher blew her whistle and grabbed her arm.

 “Better watch your back, you freak.” Choi Rim pushed you and stormed off to the pool.

Ms. Won turned to you, “Only for today alright? It won’t be fair to the others if you continue not to follow school policy.” You nodded nonchalantly and followed her to the pool as well.

“Alright! Listen up!” The teacher got everyone’s attention. “You’ll all pair up into two and have a 5 lap relay race. Whichever side wins will get to go home early.”

Everyone cheered and pumped their fist into the air except for you. You thought maybe if you just told the teacher you couldn’t actually swim, she’ll understand. Then again, they all would think you were only faking it to get away.

Every student chose their partners quickly not wanting to be stuck with you, so you stood there like a fool, unsure of what to do. You gazed over to Kai who was already paired up with Sehun. They high fived each other and were laughing about something as they jump into the water.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter