Exo M's Lay (Part 2)

KPOP Scenarios

t’s been 1 week, 3 days, 13 hours, and 48 minutes since you’ve seen Lay last… not that you were counting or any thing. He hasn’t called you or tried to see you and you were starting to lose hope. You went about your daily routine. Your mom had called, said your dad was fine, resting and recovering. Your boss apologized, blaming it on a bad day. Your car was fixed without charge, thanks to your boss’s regret. The only thing that hasn’t fallen into place was the one you really wanted it to. You were walking down the same sidewalk that the punks had pushed you. Suddenly a force hit you and you fell to the ground.

“Oh! Guys, wait!” someone shouted. The other boys jogged back and the tallest pulled you up.

“I am so sorry,” he bowed, and then glared at the others till they did so too. One of them had a look of recognition.

“Hey, it’s the lady we hit the other day!” The youngest said, pointing at you. You took a good look and realized it was the punks from the other day… well, they’re not punks to you anymore.

“Oh! I’m so sorry,” the oldest said, “We were in a rush and didn’t realize we hit you until we were around the corner. When I ran back, you were already gone.”

“Oh, well, it’s okay,” you bowed back before you both continued on the way you were going, except this time, you felt a little better. You got to your new apartment and walked up the steps. You started to unlock the door when you noticed a note on the door.

I guess you’re not home. ~ Yixing’

Your heart clenched when you looked at his handwriting. How did he get your address? The only one who had it was… Xiumin. You sighed as you walked in, throwing your purse down by the door and going to sit on the couch. You were about to doze off when your phone rang.

“Hello?” you answered.

“____? You have to get over here now!” Xiumin’s voice rang out frantically.

“Hey, Xiumin, calm down,” you said, “What’s wrong?”

“I-It’s Lay!” he shouted. Your heart broke at the sound of his name.

“What about him, Xiumin? You know…” you began but he frantically cut you off.

“I… We’re at the h-hospital. You have to come, _-____,” he cried, “Please.” You started to get worried.

“Alright, I’ll be there in a minute,” You got in your car and sped to the hospital. When you walked in the doors, you were met by all of Exo, M and K, their managers, Yunho and Changmin. Xiumin rushed up to you along side Kris.

“You called her?” Kris ground out, glaring at you.

“I… I don’t understand,” you stuttered out, nervous under his gaze.

“It’s not her fault, Kris,” Yunho said, walking over and pushing Kris towards where everyone else was waiting.

“W-What’s going on?” you asked nervously.

“Lay… he’s in the hospital,” Yunho said.

“I figured out that much, but why?” you asked.

“We got a call from the police today, saying Lay had been in an accident,” Xiumin cried, “T-They said he was hit by a van.”

“I-Is he okay?” you asked, fearing the worst.

“We don’t know,” Yunho said, “He won’t let them tell us. And, he is refusing to see anyone… anyone but you.”

“Why me?” you asked, shocked.

“He loves you,” Xiumin said as if it was obvious, “He was just being stupid that day! He listened to stupid people.” He turned around and glared at the managers. They looked down in shame, “So, go in there!” He pushed you toward the room. You took a deep breath before knocking on the door and pushing it open. You walked in and saw Lay sitting on the bed, staring at a picture frame.

“Y-Yixing?” You asked. He looked up shocked, then down at the frame and back up at you. He put his legs over the side, to stand up. You rushed over, “No, don’t move.”

“What are you doing here?” he asked softly.

“T-They called me. Xiumin all but screamed in my ear. I got worried, so, here I am,” you replied, sitting beside him after he scooted over, making room for you.

“I-It’s been so long,” he whispered.

“I know,” you replied, “1 week…”

“3 days, 14 hours, and 20 minutes,” he finished, looking at the floor with a forlorn expression, “Not that I’m counting.” You sighed and grabbed his hand.

“How have you been?” you asked.

“Not very good,” he replied, his eyes growing misty. You both sat in silence, his hand gripping yours, as if he was afraid you would disappear.

“Why…” you began, asking the question you were dying to know the answer to, “Why’d you do it?”

“The managers,” he replied, “They told me I was becoming too attached to you. They told me you would get tired of me eventually and it would hurt less if I distanced myself now. It doesn’t hurt less. And I didn’t mean for it to go this way. I… I didn’t know you were having a horrible day until your mother called me later that day to ask how you were doing. I didn’t know what she was talking about, that’s when she told me about your dad.”

“So… instead of talking to me about it, you just listened to someone telling you bad things about our relationship?” you asked, sighing, “Well… they are your managers.”

“Please, you have to believe me, I didn’t want to let you go,” he said, finally looking at you, “When I saw you walking down the street after you ran out of the house… I broke down. I don’t want to lose you.”

“I believe you,” you replied, “You have Xiumin to thank for that.”

“I have to thank him a lot,” he laughed softly, “He was the only reason I’ve made it these past days without you.” He grew a solemn look on his face, “I want you to know, I love you. I love you so much that I didn’t think I would last without you. I almost didn’t.”

“I love you too, Yixing,” you smiled, kissing his cheek, “but please… when something like this happens again, talk to me about it. Don’t just assume they’re correct.”

“I will,” he smiled and pulled you into his chest. The door opened, revealing 11 boys who all shot forward to hug the two of you. You heard Lay laugh and you felt complete again. You grabbed his hand through the mess of body parts flinging their selves everywhere and smiled. When he looked over and saw you smiling, he smiled back at you and squeezed your hand. Finally… Everything fell right back into place.