Exo K's Kai

KPOP Scenarios

You could feel him pulling away from you. For what, you had no idea. He stopped texting you as often, stopped calling you as often, stopped smiling as much when he saw you. You felt as though you were becoming a burden to him. Jongin was your one and only love, but he was starting to become your one and only missing. He didn’t even call you on your birthday.

“But, isn’t his schedule busy?” you friend asked.

“Yeah, but…” you sighed, “Never mind. Forget it. I have to go, talk to you later?”

“Of course,” she replied, “Are you going to be okay?”

“Yeah… somehow,” you replied, hanging up the house phone. You looked to see if you had any missed calls or text messages on your cellphone from Jongin. Nothing. You sighed before dialing his number. It rang three times before going to voice-mail.

“What did I do wrong?” you whispered to yourself, throwing your phone on the couch and running your hands through your hair. You sat in that position for a little before quickly grabbing your phone and dialing a different number.

“Hello?” you heard the voice ring out over the phone, “______? Is something wrong?”

“Suho… No… I-Is Jongin there?” you asked quietly.

“Kai? No,” he replied, “He left about… thirty minutes ago? Yeah, thirty minutes ago. Why? Is he not there?”

“N-No,” you replied.

“Weird. He said he was going to see you,” Suho replied, “Are you sure?”

“Yes, Suho, I’m sure,” you said, tears forming in your eyes.

“Hey. Don’t cry,” he began, “I’m sure he’ll be there in a minute or two.”

“Just… I’m hanging up now,” you replied.

“Wait, _____…” he began. You hung the phone up and turned it off. You don’t understand why Jongin lied to his band-members. You tried to remember what you could have done to make him distance himself from you. Even with his career, he had always made sure to give you attention. Even though you always told him you understood, he insisted that you were just as important if not more so. But now, he wouldn’t even look at you when you came over to the dorms. You heard thunder crackle through the sky and looked out the window to see it raining.

“Well, it fits my mood,” you said to yourself. A figure down the street caught your eye. They were sitting on a bench on the sidewalk with no umbrella, only a hoodie. You sighed, grabbing your umbrella before pulling your shoes on and running out the door. If you could lift someone else’s day, then the week wouldn’t be a waste. You flinched as the cold rain hit your skin, realizing you forgot to put a jacket on. You ran down the street, quickly approaching the figure on the bench, “Umm… I saw you were out here without an umbrella… H-Here,” you reached out your arm to hand your umbrella to the stranger. The stranger just stared down, where you couldn’t see their face. “It’s okay, I live nearby. You can have it.” Still no response. You sighed, sitting beside them, the umbrella falling on the ground, “You too?”

“What?” their voice came out soft. You felt that it sounded familiar, but you couldn’t place it.

“You’re not talking to me too,” you replied, sighing, “Jon… My boyfriend… he’s been avoiding me.” Tears started to build up in your eyes again, “I don’t know what I did. I… I want to apologize, but I don’t know what for.” Tears finally started to stream down your face and you wiped at them furiously, “I don’t want to lose him but… I don’t know what to do anymore. He won’t look at me. He won’t talk to me. He’s even lying to his hyungs… I miss him. He was my everything and now… he’s becoming nothing but a memory,” You sighed, “Sorry. I just dumped all of this on you.” The stranger stayed silent except you began to hear soft sobs. You looked over at the stranger, who was now crying, in shock, “A-Are you okay?” The stranger reached up, pushing their hoodie back, allowing you to see their face clearly, “J-Jongin?” You shot off the bench.

“I’m so sorry, _____,” he stood up, grabbing your hands, “I’m so sorry.”

“W-Why?” you asked, yanking your hands away.

“I thought… I thought that you…” he began.

“You thought that I what, Jongin?” you asked as the rain fell heavier.

“I thought you were cheating on me!” he replied.

“Cheating? Why would I cheat on you?” you asked, stepping back.

“You were… hanging out with Suho-hyung a lot… I thought… you loved him,” he muttered, dropping his hands.

“S-Suho?” you asked, “He’s like a brother to me. Nothing more.”

“I understand that and… I’m so sorry, ______,” he replied, looking up at you with tears in his eyes, “I’ve hurt you more than I can imagine and…  I miss you so much. It hurt me every time I shut you out… Please forgive this pabo.” You stayed silent, wiping at the tears streaming down your face. He fell to his knees, hands feebly grapping at your pants leg, “P-Please… I miss you, jagiya. I don’t want to be without you. I don’t want what we had to become a memory. _______, I love you. I love you so much it hurts. I don’t want anyone but you. Please, I’m begging you, forgive me.”

“J-Jongin, get up,” you said, pulling on his arm, “Y-You’re going to get sick. You have a schedule soon.”

“Not until you forgive me,” he replied.

“And if I don’t?” you asked.

“Then I guess I’ll get sick and perish here,” he replied, “I’m nothing without you. My heart is yours, ______.” You took a deep breath.

“Fine,” you began, using all your strength to pull him up, “I forgive you, but please, don’t hurt me again.”

“I won’t,” he whispered, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you into his chest, “I won’t ever hurt you again, _______. I promise on my life.” You buried your head in his chest, your hands clenching his jacket, “I’ve missed you so much.”

“I missed you too, Jongin,” you replied.

“_______, we should get inside now, I don’t want you sick,” he cupped your cheek, pulling you to look at him, “I love you.” He pressed his lips against yours before pulling you towards your house.

“I love you too, Jongin.”