It has Always been You

It has Always been You

Gui Gui felt Aaron lies his head down next to her hand. She opens her eyes and looks towards Aaron who has his eyes closed as tears ran down his face.

A smile came up to her face as she watches him slowly falls asleep. When she knew that he was fully asleep she got up and puts her covers on him.

“I love you too” she whispers.

- - - - -

The next morning Aaron work up feeling warm and comfortable. He slowly lifts up his head and opens his eyes to see the bed empty. He quickly got up and the covers that Gui Gui put over him fell down. He turns around and picks it up.

“What's going on? Where's Gui Gui?” he ask himself as he looks at the covers. He threw the covers onto the bed and ran towards the door. Just as he was about to open it the door opens and Gui Gui walks in.

“OH~ You're awake” she gave him a bright smile. “What's the hurry?” she asks. “Where are you going?” she closes the door behind her.

Aaron was too surprised and shock to even say anything.

“Are you okay?” she walks towards him. “You're not sick are you?” she felt his forehead and touches her own. “There's no fever,” she said with a confused look.

Just as she was about to pull her hand away, Aaron grabs it and puts it against his cheek.

“What's wrong? You're acting really strange” she smiles at him.

“Is it really you?” he looks into her eyes. “This is not a dream right?”

She laughs, “Why? Are you suppose to be dreaming? Should I pinch you?”

“Yes, pinch me” he said and puts her other hand on his other cheek.

Gui Gui then pinches his cheeks.

“It's really not a dream” he smiles. “It's really you...you're awake.”

She smiles, “Yes, I’m awake.”

He pulls her into his arms and hugs her tightly.

“Aaron~can't~breath~”she said with a smile on her face.

Aaron loosen the hug and apologizes. “I'm really sorry, I'm just too happy.”

Gui Gui slowly puts her arms around his waist and hugs him back.

'Oh, I really miss his arms' she smiles and closes her eyes, breathing in his scent.

“Gui Gui, where did you just go?” Aaron ask.

“I went for a check up” Gui Gui leans back and looks at him. “Where were you going in such a rush?”

“To...To...I was worried about you, because when I woke up you where gone and so-”

Gui Gui puts her finger on his lips and smiles.

“I understand,” she said and crosses their fingers together. “Lets go have a seat, you have to tell me why you're here with me instead of Joanne” she said and pulls him behind her to her bed. Although she knew the reason, she wanted to hear it all over again.

- - - - - -

“Gui Gui!”

“Gui Gui!”

“Gui!”

Her friends all piled up on her as they all hug her tightly.

“Can't-breath-” she said making them all let go.

“Sorry! We were just too excited!” Ya Tou said looking at her.

“When did you wake up? How come we only heard about this news on the day that we know you're going home?!” Xiao Xun said.

Gui Gui just pointed to Aaron, “He didn't want me to tell you all, apparently he didn't want to share me” she smiles. As Aaron looks away embarrassed by all there evil looks.

“Hmph! How greedy!” Ya Tou said, “Well then we're going to still her for the whole day tomorrow” she hugs Gui Gui.

“What? But-”

“No, but, you've had her long enough” Xiao Xun said and hugs Gui Gui too. “She's going to be ours tomorrow.”

Aaron looks at Gui Gui helpless.

She chuckles at his cute look.

“So Gui Gui, how are you feeling?” Wang Zi asks.

“Although my shoulder still hurts at times I feel so much better” she gave him a smile.

“You're look better too, you have more colors on your face” Xiao Yu said.

“I noticed it too.”

“Alright, we can go now, I’ve checked Gui Gui out” Ariel said as she walks in with Chun and Calvin.

“Hey, everyone's here” Calvin said with his sunshine smile on his face.

They all greeted the three.

“Let's go” Aaron said as he grabs her bag.

She nodded.

- - - - -

Everyone then stayed at Gui Gui's house and did a welcome home party for her. After a few hours they left leaving the love birds alone.

“Aren't you gana go home too?” Gui Gui ask Aaron as he was cleaning the table.

“No, I don't want to go yet. Why? You're not going to force me out are you?” he looks at her.

She laughs. “Of course not.”

After cleaning the mess they both sat down on the sofa and watch TV together.

“Gui Gui, why did you block the bullet?” Aaron ask.

“Because, it seemed like you like Joanne so much, that I couldn't afford to see you two separate.”

“But then I had to do that, a man wouldn't be a man if he just leaves a girl alone and saves himself.”

“Oh~ so you were being a hero?” Gui Gui giggles. “I have to admit, you were really brave.”

“But, you're braver than me, but then again very stupid too.”

“Hey, they say that love makes you stupid” she looks at him. “You made me stupid, so it was your fault.”

“So, as my punishment I'll take care of you for the rest of my life. Fair enough?”

Gui Gui blushed, and nodded.

“Then, what do you think if I move in with you?” Aaron said quickly after.

“Huh?” she looks at him.

He grabs her hand and crosses his fingers with hers.

“I want to move in with you, I don't like knowing that you're living alone, and I don't like living alone at that big empty house of mine, and how can I take care of you for the rest of life when we are not living together?.”

“But-”

“I already talked with your father, he's seems to have no problem with our relationship and what we do.”

“My father?” her eyes widen.

“Yes, just a few days ago.”

(Flash Back)

“Please take care of my daughter” Mr. Wu said as he invited Aaron out on coffee.

Aaron looks at Mr. Wu surprise.

“I haven't seen my daughter this happy in my whole life. And as her father, I failed to give her happiness that she yearns for. Please look after her for me, as you might have known, I’m always busy and at work. And knowing that there's a person like you with her everyday and always by her side makes me feel much better.”

“I...I will try my best” Aaron smiles happily.

(End of flash back)

“Really? He said all that?” Gui Gui said surprise too.

“So?”

“But” she turns to look at him.

“But?” his expression got worried.

“But usually only couples who plans to marry each other lives together.”

“Then, let's get marry.”

Gui Gui's heart almost stop beating.

“Let's get marry after graduation. I want to be by your side everyday, and I want to always be there for you. I also want you to only depend on me.”

“Are you”

“Yes, I’m proposing, although I don't have a ring with me now, I promise to get you one soon, and didn't you already propose to me?” he took the ring that Gui Gui gave him on Christmas to welcome him to her family.

“Hey! I wasn't proposing” she protest as her fact turns into a tomato.

“It's okay, I totally understand, no need to be shy. You know I heard that now days girls usually propose to the guys first, never thought that it was really true” Aaron jokes with her. “Aren't you going to put the ring on my finger?” he gave her his ring.

She just turns away.

“Hurry” he elbows her.

She smiles and turns to face him with a calm face. She grabs the ring and puts it onto his ring finger.

“From now on you're mine, you can't look or flirt with other girls got it?” she said being the man.

He looks at her innocently and nodded.

Gui Gui have him a smile and they both burst into laughter.

“Let's go pick out the rings this weekend” he said.

She nodded.

“Aaron” she said looking at her own ring.

“Yes?”

She looks at him, “I love you” she said and kisses him.

“I love you too” Aaron said as they pull away to catch their breaths.

- - - - - -

“Congratulation on graduating” Ariel said to all the college friends.

“Thanks” the girls replies.

“Congratulation” Selina follows her.

“You came” Jiro said and walks to her side.

“Of course, today is your special day” she smiles and saw Gui Gui with Aaron. She looks at Jiro and then heads over to them.

“Gui Gui” she said.

“Hey, it's been a while”said Gui Gui.

“Yes, it has...how are you doing? I’m sorry for not coming to see you out at the hospital” she said sincerely.

“It's okay, I know that you and Jiro had been really busy preparing for your big day.”

She blushes.

“Congratulation by the way, you two won't leave me out will ya?” she jokes.

“Of course not” Selina smiles.

“We're getting the invitations ready” Jiro said as he walks up to them and stood beside Selina. “And you were the first one on the list.”

“Great! I'll be waiting for the invitation then.”

“Sorry, can we borrow Gui Gui?” some girls said as they came up to them.

“Sure,” Selina said.

“Gui Gui let's go take some pictures” they said and took her away.

“Aaron let's go take some pictures too!” Calvin said as he took Aaron away.

“Hey you two” they heard a voice behind them. Jiro and Selina turns around and snap.

“Thanks” Ariel smiles. “You two look great together!” she turns her phone over to them.

Jiro had his mouth open as Selina's eyes were closed.

“Ariel!” Selina said and ran after Ariel who ran and hide behind Chun.

“We're all growing up and making families” Gui Gui said to herself as her friends laugh and jokes together.

“Yes we are” Aaron said as he came and stood beside her. 

Graduation day was one day that they all could never forget.