It has Always been You

It has Always been You


Ariel came straight to Gui Gui's house after Chun called her. Chun didn't know what to do with a crying girl, so he called his girlfriend instead, since they're both girls.

“Where's Gui Gui?” Ariel ask as Chun opens the door.

“In her room, she just fell asleep.”

“Alright, it's better if she's asleep” Ariel said and sat down on the sofa. “What happened?”

“I don't know, we can ask Ya Tou when she gets here.”

Ariel nodded and looks at Chun.

“I'm sorry for always being busy” she said. They got into a fight recently because Chun was complaining that Ariel was too busy to spend time with him.

“I understand, saving lives always comes first. I should have known before I start dating you” he gave her a gentle smile.

“I'll try to make time for you.”

He leans in gave her a peck on the lips. “Thank you, sweetheart.”

Ariel blushes.

~

They soon all gathered at Gui Gui's house as she was asleep to discuss what just happened. Ya Tou the whole story of what they saw and what happened.

“Who is she?” Chun asks.

“Her name is Joanne” answer Calvin.

“Apparently she's Aaron's girl friend” added Jiro.

“I don't like her” said Ya Tou. “In fact I hate her.”

“I wonder how they're related” said Ariel in deep thoughts. “They seem like they've known each other for a long time, but if you guys don't know her then they must have been together before you guys known Aaron.”

“Your so smart” Chun said proud of his girl friend.

“This is so confusing” said Xiao Xun angrily. She quickly came back from her date with Xiao Yu after she received Ya Tou's phone call.

“Why is everyone here?” Gui Gui said as she came out of her room with puffy eyes.

“Gui Gui are you okay?” ask Xiao Xun as she walks towards Gui Gui.

“I'm better now, thanks guys” she gave them a fake smile. They saw threw the smile, but none of them said anything.

“Gui Gui” said Ariel. But she was interrupted by Gui Gui's phone.

“Hold on” Gui Gui said and took out her phone from her pocket. She reads the caller id and froze. It stops ringing.

“Who is it?” Chun asks.

“Uh~” before she could answer Ariel got up and grabs Gui Gui's phone from her. Her phone then started to ring again.

“It's Aaron” Ariel said and looks at Gui Gui.

“I'm going to answer this call” she told Gui Gui. “Try to act normal” she said.

Gui Gui shook her head quickly with a panic face, but to late, Ariel already answered the call and puts Aaron on speaker.

“Hello?” they all heard Aaron's voice said.

“...”

“Hello?” he said again after a long silence.

Ariel elbows Gui Gui as she stares at her phone.

“H..hello” Gui Gui manage to say with her trembling voice.

“Gui Gui, are you okay?”

Ya Tou was about to yell at him but Wang Zi quickly covers .

“Of course ...I'm fine” she smiles as tear ran down her face.

“Sorry,” he said after a long pause, he knew that she wasn't fine. “I really don't know what I did wrong, or what you saw, or what actually happened to you to be like this, but can we talk? I want to know what happened.”

She took a deep breath. 

“Aaron are you almost done?” they heard Joanne in the background.

There was along silence before she answers him, “Aaron, let's have a break,” she said instead. “I need to think this through, not just me, but also you. I'll call you when I'm able to see you face to face again” she said and hung up before Aaron could answer.

Aaron was surprised by her hanging up on him and what she just told her. So he calls her again.

Gui Gui looks at her phone and took out the batteries. She turns to Ariel and began to cry. Those words that she witness Aaron saying to Joanne repeats in her mind over and over.

It's been a few days now since Gui Gui and Aaron talked. Although they see each other at school, Gui Gui will ignore Aaron. Things began to get into their places again. Gui Gui concentrated on school and work as Aaron hangs out with Joanne. Their relationship became so far apart.

“Gui Gui, do you still love Aaron?” Ariel ask as they had lunch together one weekend.

“I don't know” she replies. She was still hurt deeply.

“Do you love him enough to fight for him? I know he's wrong but-”

“I won't fight for him” Gui Gui looks at Ariel. “If he's happy with that person, then why should I fight for him? Why should I take him away from his happiness? I don't have the right to. And...” she sigh. “She seems like she was a big part of his life” she smiles. “Maybe he's better off with her.”

“But you both aren't officially over yet.”

“YET” Gui Gui smiles and looks down at her food, as tears ran down her face. 'She's that girl, he became a player because of her' she thought.

Ariel looks at her helplessly.

- - - - -

Gui Gui backed her things and headed out of the library as she just got done finishing a report. As she walks down the hallway,Joanne came and blocked her.

“You must be Gui Gui” Joanne said. “I'm Joanne, nice to meet you.”

Gui Gui didn't say anything.

“Gui Gui do you want to know about Aaron and my relationship?”

“No.”

“Great! I'll tell you anyways” she said as she looks at Gui Gui. “During our high school years Aaron and I were high school sweethearts. He was a very good boy, he never drink, or was a player. He was the sweetest guy you could ever meet. But then things changed” her looks turned dark. “You know, it's because of me, that he became the way he is. A player, and a drinker.”

“It's none of my business” she said.

“Really? But I’m sure you're interested” Joanne smiles.

“Hey, do you want to make a bet?”

“Bet?” Gui Gui looks at her.

“To see who Aaron will choose? His past girlfriend or present girlfriend.”

“No.”

“Are you scared?”

“No, that's just childish” Gui Gui said and walks away. But really she was scared. She was scared that Aaron will choose that person and not her. 'Aaron changed so much because of her, he must have really loved her' she thought as tears ran down her face.  

 

 

****

LOL. Is this update soon enough?

I'll get the next one up as soon as I can. :D