It has Always been You

It has Always been You


“How's Aaron?!” Jiro ask Gui Gui who's sitting outside of Aaron's room.

Calvin and Chun quickly followed Jiro towards her.

“He's fine now, he's asleep” Gui Gui told them.

“You're that girl at the mall, you're the one that Aaron kissed and rejected him” Jiro said upon seeing Gui Gui up close.

“That's not important now. Can you tell me what happened?” asks Calvin as he sat next to her.

Just as Gui Gui was about to begin she looks at Chun and her eyes widen as his did too.

A smile came to her lips, “Chu Chu!” she said happily surprised to see him.

“Gui Gui” he said and smiles. “It's been so long, how are you?” Chun asks.

“I'm doing fine, you?”

“Not bad myself, but you're hurt” he said and points at her lip that's dried with blood.

She touched her lip and felt pain. 'It must have been from that back slap' she thought. “Don't worry, I'm fine.”

“Wait, wait, hold up, you two know each other?” Jiro broke into their conversation confused.

“Yea, we actually do” said Chun.

“I'm Gui Gui Chu-...” before Gui Gui could say the rest, Chun cleared his throat, and she knew what he meant. It was a hint for her to not say the thing that she was going to say. “Chun's long distance cousin.”

“Really? Why didn't you tell us that you have a long distance cousin like her?” Jiro asks.

“I haven't see her since forever you know.”

“And we are long distance cousin. Do you remember all your long distance cousin?” Gui Gui asks Jiro.

“Um...only the pretty ones” he smiles.

“Guys let chat about your reunion later, now I want to know what happened,” Calvin said getting impatient.

“Alright, we'll chat later then” Gui Gui said and began telling the story from their lunch time to now.

“If you think that it's your fault, then don't think so. It's definitely not your fault. Aaron often get jump anyways, just not this bad,” Calvin said after hearing the story.

“Why? Is it because he's a player?” she said recalling what the guy that beat up Aaron said about staying away from his cousin.

Calvin nodded.

“Does he often drink too?” Gui Gui asks remembering the first time that she met Aaron, he was drunk too.

“No, only when he's having a hard time or is feeling down. I wonder what made him sad this time” Calvin said.

“It's always his family” Jiro said.

“You're talking to much” Chun said.

Then Jiro remember that Gui Gui is still there and shuts his mouth.

“His family? Why would his family make him feel sad?” Gui Gui ask and look at them. “Oh sorry, I didn't mean to get into his personal life. Anyways, I'll stay here with him tonight for you guys if you don't mind. Although I don't like him, knowing that he's really okay will make me feel better. And speaking of his family, should I call them to come?”

“You can try, but I doubt that anyone would come” said Calvin. “Well thanks for your help then” Calvin got up. “We'll be leaving him to you.”

“Okay, I'll call if anything goes wrong” Gui Gui said as she got up. “You all probably know who I am by now, but I don't know both of your names” she said indicating Calvin and Jiro.

“I'm Calvin.”

“And I'm Jiro.”

“Gui Gui give me your number, we should hangout sometimes” said Chun taking out his phone.

“Okay” Gui Gui said and exchange their numbers. “Have your grades improve?” she whispers so that only he could hear her.

“Maybe” Chun said and smiles. “Catch ya later then.”

When they disappeared around the corner, Gui Gui sat back down.

“Gui Gui? Is that you?” she heard a female voice said.