Reward

The Bubble Tea Store

 

At last, the hand reached eight o'clock and the last customer eventually walked out of the store. I went to the door and flipped the sign to 'Closed'. 

"I've never seen a small store that crowded before," Baekhyun said. He took a seat with Exo-K at the large table. I also joined them, standing next to where Sehun was sitting. 

"Today was fun. All I did was walk around and look hot," Kai spoke.

"I know, right?! Being a model for a day was awesome," Chanyeol chimed in which Sehun nodded to in agreement.

"Some girls even gave me their numbers," Sehun stated.

"Did you guys see the pretty girl who was sitting over there?" Baekhyun pointed at the table by the window.

"Which one? There were three of them," Kai corrected.

"She was wearing a cream sleeveless shirt and a black mini skirt."

I looked at him strangely as he was quite specific with her description. 

"Ohh, her!" they all chorused, making me scoff.

"Were you all checking out the customers?" I placed a hand on my hip. Most of them nodded. 

"Actually, I was only checking out that one girl making the drinks behind the counter," Sehun shrugged, hiding a smirk. The others snickered.

I then glanced at D.O and Suho. Both of them helped me make bubble teas and serve the customers. 

"You were the only ones professional the entire time," I praised both.

"Thanks, Hyemi," Suho grinned.

"Anyway, all of you did great today. Thank you so much for your help," I expressed my gratitude.

"You're welcome! We'll be happy to help again," Suho replied. 

Touched by their kindness, I gave them a soft smile. I suddenly remembered what I had prepared for them. 

"Before I forget," I quickly went in the kitchen and came back holding a tray of bubble teas. "Here's your reward for your hard work."

"Yay!" they eyed the drink as I placed it in the centre of the table.

They raced for their favorite and drank happily. I saw Chanyeol cringe his nose after taking a sip. 

"This is lemon. Someone switch with me for peach," he scanned the drinks they were holding. Baekhyun slowly turned away from him, fearing his peach drink will be snatched away.

"Where's your drink?" Sehun curiously asked me. 

"I didn't make one for myself."

"In that case, we'll share," he gave me his cup. I shook my head and gave it back.

"No, I made it for you. Enjoy."

"Then I'll make one for you too," he stood up and made his way to the work area. I followed him with a puzzled look on my face. 

"You know how to make it?" I asked. He gave me a look that read 'I'm-a-genius-I-can-do-anything'.

Oh, lord. 

"Of course!" he replied confidently. "I've watched you make it so many times."

"Are you sure?" I looked at him suspiciously.

"So I pour the milk first, right?" Sehun grabbed an empty plastic cup, having no clue what to do. 

Sighing, I stood next to him and showed him how to make a chocolate bubble tea step by step. When he was done, he slid the drink over to me. 

"Okay, try it," Sehun said.

I inspected it and it didn't look inedible as I imagined it to be. I took a small sip and to my surprise, it was delicious.

"How is it?" Sehun raised his eyebrow at my unreadable expression. 

It's almost better than mine. Almost. 

I shrugged, careful not to show too much emotion of how impressed I was.

"I've tasted better," I casually responded. He swiftly drank from it also and eyed the ceiling as he concentrated on the taste. 

"Wow, it's so much better than yours! I am so good," Sehun proudly announced. 

"Don't flatter yourself. I'm sure it was just a fluke," I waved off. 

"No need to be indirect. Just say you love it."

"Then I'd be lying."

"Did you like it? Yes or no?"

"It was okay..."

"It was what?"

I sighed heavily at his persistence. 

"It was good," I whispered very lowly, but enough for him to hear.

"I'm sorry, what?" he placed a hand next to his ear, claiming he didn't catch what I had just said. This liar.

"I said...it was good," I mumbled. He kept his hand by his ear and leaned in.

"I still can't hear--"

"I said it was good!" I shouted.

Sehun smiled in victory, "I know. I heard you the first time."

"I hate repeating myself," I grumbled.

I turned my back to Sehun and before he went back to the others, I felt him touch my back. 

"What--"

"Your apron's loose. Here, I'll fix it," he pushed himself against my back as he tightened the strings. 

"Hey!" I elbowed him. He just skipped off, chuckling.