Party

The Bubble Tea Store

 

Saturday night:

Turning the corner, I could already hear the music echo in the street and see people socializing at the front yard of where the party was located. Familiar faces greeted me and I gave them all a smile as I walked towards the open door of the house.

"Hyemi! Glad you could make it!" Luhan welcomed me excitedly in his home with a hug.

"Thanks! It's already packed in here," I observed a number of people scattered around the place, socializing and dancing happily. 

"Yeah, the party's just starting," he grinned.

Luhan is one of the popular guys at school who gets along with almost everyone.

"Anyway, I'll see you in a bit, okay? Enjoy the party!" he said before disappearing in the crowd and greeted the other guests. 

I walked slowly around the house as I looked for Baekhyun. To see better, I stopped in the middle of the staircase. Just then, I noticed a person walk down the stairs, halting right behind me.

"You're blocking my way," the person said.

"Oh, sorry," I shifted to the side to let the person through.

"...Cutie."

I froze. 

The person revealed himself when he stood in front of me with both of his hands hidden in his pockets. 

"Hey," Sehun waved, looking at me from head to toe with a smirk on his face.

"Stop staring," I snapped. 

I was wearing a red dress and black high heels, my hair resting on my left shoulder in soft curls.

"I'm not staring. I'm admiring. There's a difference," Sehun replied.

"I was kind of hoping to see you much, much later. Like, tomorrow at school," I told him. He chuckled.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to bother you tonight," he lifted his hands up in defense. 

I looked at him unconvincingly. He was obviously lying. 

"I'll just be sitting there on the couch," he started walking down backwards.

I shrugged, "Okay. I'll be all the way over--"

"I change my mind. Let's go!" Sehun suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me in the middle of the crowd.

"Hyemi, you're here!" Baekhyun suddenly appeared beside me holding a drink. He shook hands with Sehun. 

I gasped, remembering their secret bromance.

"YOU!" I pointed at Baekhyun accusingly. I then pinched his arm.

"OW!" he yelped in pain, the area where I hurt him. "What was that for?!"

"That's for fraternising with the enemy!" I then pointed at Sehun.

"I thought you knew about it already!" he pouted.

I've honestly never seen Baekhyun and Sehun talk to each other at school or anywhere before and so I thought he never liked him too.

"I'm not a mind reader," I crossed my arms.

"Oh, well. Now the secret's out."

I nodded in agreement, "And before I forget..." I then smacked the back of Baekhyun's head. He was startled.

"Hyemi! Why are you being so violent today?!" he asked incredulously.

"You told him about Gyu-Gyu!" I angrily whispered to him.

"Gyu-Gyu?" Sehun overheard.

"Oh, her imaginary boyfriend," Baekhyun blurted out. 

I stared at him, screaming on the inside.

"Why, Baekhyun?! WHY?"

Sehun started laughing uncontrollably. Before I could tackle Baekhyun to the ground, Luhan suddenly joined the conversation. He slung an arm over Sehun's shoulder. 

"How's everyone going?" Luhan asked.

"Good!" the two boys chorused. I stayed silent as I held my frustration in.

"Wow, you look great, Hyemi!" Luhan then looked at me in awe. 

"Thanks," I smiled.

"I saw the both of you on the field the other day," he glanced at me and Sehun. "Sehun, you can't just take her whenever you like."

"I know. She had the choice to run away but she decided to stay with me there," he wiggled his eyebrows at me, making me scoff.

"I had a death grip on one of the chairs outside but you still didn't stop trying to kidnap me," I reminded him. 

The boys found the scenario hilarious and started laughing.

"Come on. Let's go at the back. There's a small bonfire outside," Luhan mentioned.

We made our way there and some people were already sitting around it. I noticed Luhan had a large swimming pool in his backyard. The boys also sat down and I followed suit. I sat next to Sehun.

"It's such a hot night tonight," I stated as I watched the flames sway rhythmically with the soft breeze. 

"Then you want to go for a swim?" Sehun asked.

I paused at his suggestion. He raised his eyebrows as he waited for my answer.

"Are you serious?" I stared at him.

He stood up, "Of course. Let's go."

I looked at him with wide eyes, "No!"

Sehun laughed lightly, "I'm kidding. I'm just going to get a drink."  

He started going to the table where the snacks and drinks were placed which was right in front of the pool.

"I'm going to get one too," Luhan said but before he could stand up, Baekhyun sat him back down by his shoulders.

"Don't worry, Hyemi can get it. Get one for me too, thanks," Baekhyun smiled at me. I was still angry at him and gave him a face.

"No, you can get it!" I said.

He ignored me as he went back to talking to the other guys.

Feeling a bit hungry, I decided to get some snacks, eyeing a few delicious treats on the table and ignoring Baekhyun's request for a drink. Sehun leaned on the corner of the table as he took a sip of his drink.

"It's such a beautiful night, isn't it?" he observed the night sky filled with bright stars. I just nodded absentmindedly, only having sweet treats on my mind.

"Make up your mind already. You look like a kid in a candy shop," Sehun said.

Since he wouldn't stop rushing me, I decided to just grab a mini cupcake and kept a safe distance next to him. I then heard him gasp.

"Did you see that shooting star?!" he asked excitedly as he pointed at the sky.

"What? Where?!"

I managed to get a glimpse of it before it completely vanished.

"Did you make a wish?" Sehun asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, I wished for you to be more mature and handsome."

"You're not supposed to tell your wish otherwise it won't come true."

"Exactly," I said matter-of-factly. Sehun's shoulders shook as he chuckled, biting the rim of his cup.

A moment of silence fell between us as we watched the others enjoy themselves by the bonfire.

"But seriously, do you want to go for a swim?" Sehun broke off the silence.

"What, no!" I firmly said.

"You're such a party pooper," Sehun rolled his eyes.

"You're annoying me now. I'm leaving." I began walking back to the group but to my astonishment, Sehun picked me up bridal style from behind. "W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"We're going to go swimming. Ready?" he grinned as he faced the pool.

"Sehun, put me down!" I demanded. He slowly walked to the edge. 

"It'll be fun!" he encouraged. "Don't worry, I won't let you drown."

"I'll drown you!"

"Okay, counting down," Sehun began. My heels eventually flew off my feet for kicking too much.

We reached the edge of the pool, my shocked eyes glued to the water.

"One," he started counting.

"Sehun, don't!"

"Two..."

"I will choke you in your slee--"

"THREE!" Sehun bent his knees and I closed my eyes shut to prepare myself. 

A couple of seconds passed and I felt a warm breeze instead of cold water touch my skin. I opened an eye and noticed that we were still on dry land with his knees still bent. Sehun's face was a few inches away from mine and he was biting his lip to prevent himself from laughing.

"...what?" I asked confused.

"You seriously thought I was going to jump?" he stood up straight with an amused expression.

"What is wrong with you?!"

"But guess what," Sehun raised his eyebrows and grinned. "I was serious."

Without hesitating, he jumped in the pool with me in his arms.

"ARRGGHHHH!"

Sehun's feet touched the floor of the pool and I opened my eyes in the water to find him grinning like a maniac, he's hair gracefully flowing with the small waves we were creating. I pushed myself off him and swam to the surface. I took a deep breath and at the same time he went up the surface.

"Wasn't that fun, Hyemi?" he said before pushing his wet hair back.

"You're insane!" I could only shout.

I swam to the ladder and reached for a towel. Little did I know, this was only the beginning of a chaotic night.