Sharing Is Caring

The Bubble Tea Store

 

Entering my store, I quickly made myself a chocolate bubble tea before going to school.

I took my seat in homeroom and casually placed my drink on the top left corner of my table. I could hear most of my classmates conversing about the party this weekend. I realized that I was the only person not looking forward to attending it.

Just then, Sehun walked in the room. He brushed off the unwanted attention he quickly received and looked my way. He flashed a smile before approaching me.

"Hey, Hyemi!" he greeted, sitting on the desk in front of me. It wasn't his assigned seat though.

"Morning," I dully replied.

"Okay, class! Settle down please!" our teacher walked in right after. She began reading the bulliten despite the faint murmurs still floating in the room.

Sehun leaned back on his chair, his head slightly tilted on one side. I couldn't see anything due to his tall frame.

I was about to tap his shoulder and tell him to move, but decided against it. Just then, he turned around and faced me.

"Did you hear what she said about the soccer meeting this afternoon? I missed that bit," Sehun said.

"It's rescheduled to Friday after school," I informed.

"Oh. Are you sure?"

"Would I tell you the wrong information? You should've been listening."

"I was busy too thinking of how to casually start a conversation with you, and look at that, it worked," Sehun cheekily smiled.

"Face the front!" I glared at him. "And why are you sitting in front of me? You're blocking my view of the board."

"Then sit next to me instead," he pointed at the vacant seat beside him and smirked. "That'll fix both of our problems."

"No! I'm fine where I am. Face the front now, Sehun."

He quickly glanced over his shoulder to check if our teacher was distracted by our chattering. She had her back to us now as she wrote notes down on the whiteboard.

Sehun turned his attention to me again.

"Hyemi, do you know what makes me happy this morning?" he asked. 

"What?" I asked flatly.

"That you're nice enough to share your drink with me."

I noticed his eyes suddenly darted at my bubble tea.

Quickly, I grabbed my drink with both of my hands before Sehun could make a move. I was going to take it away until he placed both of his hands above mine, causing me to firmly glue the drink back on the table. 

"Stop," I demanded as I looked at our hands.

He just grinned, "Sharing is caring." 

"No! This is mine!"

"You're being unfair! This is my favorite drink too," he replied.

"I don't care!" I snapped.

"But I offered you some of mine yesterday. The least you could do is offer me too."

"Sehun, I'm being serious. Let go!" 

"We both know that's not going to happen," Sehun shook his head.

I was warned by my mother not to bring bubble tea this morning. She must've seen this coming.

"It's early in the morning. Don't make me punch you," I threatened, sliding the drink in my direction by an inch. 

"You're cute when you're angry, Hyemi," Sehun grinned. 

"You can get yours after school," I reminded him.

"I know that. But there's one right here in front of me already. I can't resist," he slid the drink back to it's original place.

We played a mini game of tug-o-war with the cup for a couple of minutes.

"NO! YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT!" I burst out. Sehun blinked.

"Fine," he simple said.

When he said that, like any normal person, I expected him to let go. But being arrogant and the dimwit that he is, he aimed for the straw with his mouth and started to drink. I stared at him in shock. 

"SEHUN!"

After quenching his thirst, Sehun looked at me with a victory smile. "That was so good."

He wiped his bottom lip with his thumb. I shook the cup lightly and realized that there was only less than a quarter of the drink left.

"I left some for you," he mentioned before finally facing the front again.

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

The bell rang and everyone began to leave the classroom for first period. Sehun stood up and before walking away, he glanced at me. 

"Are you going to finish that?" he nodded towards my bubble tea.

"You don't get anymore!" I pulled the drink closer to me.

"But I'm thirsty again," Sehun reached out for the cup. I let him take it and then patiently waited for his reaction.

Furrowing, Sehun pulled the staw out of his mouth and gave the cup a light shake. "You finished it all!"  

I chuckled before standing up, "You think I was going to let you finish the whole thing? I'm not an idiot."

"Oh. Pretty and smart," Sehun smirked

"Anyway, I don't want to be late for class," I brushed past him. "Bye."

"You're forgetting something, Hyemi," Sehun spoke up, walking over to me.

"What is it?" I glanced at my desk to see if I left something behind.

"We have the first period together. That means you can walk me there!" Sehun chirped happily.

"What?! No, I don't want to!" I replied. He laughed lightly. 

"Then I'll just see you there then," he shrugged.

I sighed in relief for managing to escape walking side by side with him.

"I'll just save you a seat. You can sit next to me in class. Can't wait!" Sehun grinned before walking away from me.

Nooo!