Erase the Evidence

The Bubble Tea Store

 

[Baekhyun's POV]

We all gasped when we witnessed Sehun kiss Hyemi. Spying on them behind a bush is so much fun.

After Hyemi told me over the phone earlier that she was going to leave the club I was immediately worried about her safety. I never liked it when she went out late at night. Therefore, I decided to just follow her and Sehun everywhere they went. I'd feel guilty if anything ever happened to her.

"We shouldn't be watching them secretly like this," D.O whispered, looking displeased.

"You're right. Let's watch from behind a tree instead!" Chanyeol suggested.

"I know it's tempting to watch, but I'm serious. Give them some privacy," D.O continued with his convincing.

"This lake is very open and public, and you want to talk about privacy?" I gave him an obvious look.

"I'm with Baekhyun. I kind of want to see what they're going to do next," Kai shrugged.

"Probably sleep? Hyemi's not awake anymore. What else can they possibly do?" D.O raised his brows. 

"Maybe Sehun's going to carry her home," Luhan said.

"Can we scare them? It'll be really funny," Chen snickered.

"Chen, that's just evil. You'll ruin their moment," Kai said. All eyes turned to him.

"When did you get all mushy and sensitive?" Xiumin cringed his nose at Kai's thoughtfulness. 

"I can be a softy too," Kai stuck his tongue out at them.

D.O scoffed, "No, you can't. You're just drunk. You drank too much in the club."

"Yeah, probably," Kai laughed in response. 

"Guys, be quiet! They'll hear us," I tried to silence them as I paid attention to Sehun and Hyemi again.

"No, they won't. They're drunk too," D.O pointed out.

"I'm pretty sure Sehun still knows what's going on."

"Hey, look over there. Am I the only one who can see that tree moving?" Chanyeol pointed at a tall shadow. We all peeked through the gaps of the bush to identify what it was.

"That's...Kris? How did he get there?" Luhan asked. Kris was trying to carefully sneak over to the bush that was much closer to the pair. 

"Sehun's totally going to see him. He's going to kill us when he finds out we spied on him," D.O sighed. 

None of us wanted the spying to end. It would be over if one of us get caught.

"Someone try and get Kris back here," Tao said. 

"KREEAASSEE!!" Chanyeol called for Kris as quiet as possible. 

He failed. He woke up every living creature in the lake. 

"Guys, come out! I know you're there!" Sehun told us without lifting his head. We all glared at Chanyeol. 

 

[Sehun's POV]

Do they honestly think that I can't hear what they're saying?

I knew Hyemi and I were being stalked. From the moment we arrived at the lake I could hear heavy footsteps on the grass and the rustling of bushes near us. At one point, I noticed a small white light blinking in one of the bushes. 

 

The kiss was unplanned as I lost control of myself for a brief moment. I can't believe they saw it.

The boys emerged from their hiding spots. Small leaves covered their clothes. They dusted themselves off before approaching us. 

"Oh, hey, Sehun! What a coincidence bumping into you here!" Baekhyun greeted over-dramatically. I rolled my eyes. 

"Aw, look at the happy couple," Luhan cooed. 

"Are we disturbing your honeymoon?" Lay joked, causing everyone to snicker. 

"Very funny. Did you all enjoy the show?" I smirked. I was still lying down, not daring to let go of Hyemi. 

"We were surprised by what you did," Baekhyun spoke.

"I know. I heard your gasps."

They weren't subtle about it at all.

"Hyemi's going to freak out when she finds out about all this," he began, glancing at her. 

"I don't think she's going to remember anything," I answered as I gently her cheek.

"That's true. That's why we're just going to tell her about it," Tao said.

"You know that's a bad idea," I reminded. 

"Yeah, we know. It'll just be entertaining to watch you get in trouble."

"No. Guys, I'm serious. After tonight, everything goes back to normal. Just forget this ever happened, okay? I don't want her to hate me," I eyed all of them seriously. 

They sighed, "Okay, fine."

"Anyway, the night is over. Get up and take Hyemi back to the hotel," Baekhyun ordered.

As much as I want to stay here and hug her till morning, I can't. She needs to wake up in her own room for her to believe that this was just a dream. This night will never be erased from my memory but I have to pretend like it never existed. I'm disappointed that she will not be able to recall anything that happened, but it's better that way because tonight was just a drunken mistake. I want to win her heart the right way.

"Let's go, Hyemi," I whispered to her before effortlessly carrying her in my arms.

Exo was already walking far ahead and Baekhyun had offered to walk with me. 

"Don't worry. She'll warm up to you," he reassured me. 

"Thanks. I hope so too."

"You're a good guy and I trust you with her. Just don't mess up. Or else I'll get you," he gave a friendly warning.

 

[D.O's POV]

I'm so tired. I just want to sleep already. Everyone was in the same sleepy state, except Kris. He hasn't stopped smiling since we left the lake. It was strange because he usually has a straight face. It seemed like no one has noticed his odd behavior yet.

"Hey, Kris," I fastened my pace to keep up with his strides. Coughing, his smile immediately disappeared. 

"Hey," he said back. 

"Is there something you're hiding?" I asked point-blank.

"No," he simply answered with a shrug.

"You can tell me. I'm good at keeping secrets," I pushed on.

"There's really nothing to tell."

I dropped the suspicious stare I was giving him since I knew that he was a tough one to break.

"Okay then," I gave up. 

"Okay, okay! I'll tell you! Here it is!" Kris suddenly became excited, making me flinch in surprise.

Cautious, he looked left and right to see if anyone was around. He then pulled his hands out of his jacket pockets that were hiding all this time. His camera phone was clenched in one hand. 

"What?" I curiously asked. 

"Check this out," he unlocked it and played a video.

My eyes widened when I realized what it was. "You didn't..."

"Yeah, I did. I recorded Sehun and Hyemi's kiss!"

"Oh my god," I looked back and forth at him and the video with shocked eyes.

"I know, right?" 

"Is that why you separated from us at the lake?" I asked.

"Yeah. Isn't it awesome?"

"No. Didn't you hear what Sehun said? Forget everything that happened there. Delete it," I snatched his phone and tried to erase it myself. 

"No!" he struggled to get it back. 

"Kris, you have to!"

"Let go! This phone is brand new!" he reasoned, making me roll my eyes. I eventually stopped fighting for it.

"What's the point of even keeping the video?" I questioned. 

"I'll use it to blackmail Sehun," he shrugged. I palmed my face.

"Seriously? That's so immature," I shook my head at his intention.  

"You never know when it'll come in handy."

"If I were you, I would show it to her after they get together," I shared my opinion.

"Okay. Thanks for your input on that," he turned his phone off and hid it in his pocket again.

I just know that that video will stir a lot of trouble between Sehun and Hyemi when they finally become a couple. If Hyemi watches it, she'll think that Sehun was taking advantage of her in her drunken state. If she happens to watch it before they get together, she'll still be angry for the same reason. Nothing good will come out of revealing that video. It must be deleted for the sake of their relationship.

"Kyungsoo, where are you going?! You've passed the hotel!" I heard Tao shout in the distance. I turned my head and noticed that I was a block away from where they were.

"Did you not want to go home or something?" Xiumin laughed while I jogged back to them. 

"I think he was thinking about that girl he was dancing with at the club," Kai winked at me.

"There was no girl," I corrected him. He laughed.

"I know. I just wanted to hear you admit that."

I want to hit him so hard.

The hotel elevator was too small for all twelve of us to fit so we let the other half go up first. Tao was waiting next to me and an idea suddenly popped up. 

"Hey, Tao. You're roomed with Kris, right?" I began nonchalantly.

"Yeah. Why?" he innocently asked. 

"I need help trying to get his phone from him. He took this ugly picture of me and I want to delete it," I lied. 

"Oh, okay. Sure, I'll get it for you after he falls asleep," Tao coolly waved a hand as if the task was too easy.

We then rode on the elevator and finally arrived in our rooms. Kai immediately collapsed on his bed and fell right asleep. A few minutes later, someone barged in. 

"There you go," Tao handed me Kris' phone. I looked at it in disbelief.

"How were you able to steal it so fast?!"

"I just asked him if I could borrow it for a moment and he gave it," he shrugged. 

"What an idiot," I shook my head and laughed. 

"By the way, did you know that there's a video of Sehun and Hyemi's kiss in there?" Tao's blank face suddenly looked amused. 

"Yes, and I'm going to delete it. Don't tell him."

"I won't. Besides, I already sent a copy of it to my phone."

My head whipped in his direction.

"You what?!" I asked loudly.

"Hyemi will be so happy after I show it to her," Tao grinned.

"Don't show it to her," I firmly said. 

"Don't tell me what to do," he stubbornly crossed his arms.

"Tao! Just don't, okay?"

"Fine, whatever. Anyway, I'm going to bed. Goodnight," he walked out of the room. 

"W-wait! Give me your phone first!" I shouted.

Why did things have to get more complicated?

Sighing heavily, I continued to erase the file from Kris' phone. At least it will be out if his possession. Tao is more trustworthy and less sneaky with these things. His intentions won't be bad like Kris'. Maybe I have nothing to worry about.

"D.O, I'm going to sleep here tonight," Kai suddenly walked up to my bed and crawled underneath the covers.

"No! Get off!" I tried pushing him off. 

I would usually give him permission to stay but I'm currently not in a good mood. I will flip him off the mattress.

"Kai, please leave before I do something painful to you," I threatened. He didn't listen. "Oh, well. I tried my best."

After switching the lights off, I occupied the left side of my bed and made myself comfortable. Since I was aware of Kai's sleeping habits, I didn't mind when he hugged me. I finally managed to fall asleep with my mind at ease.