Small Contest: Part Two

The Bubble Tea Store

 

“OH, NO, YOU DON’T!” I shouted before running after them. I quickly turned around and yelled at my team too. “HURRY! RUN! GO, GO, GO!”

The boys zoomed right past me. All twelve immediately created chaos inside the poor shop when they ran inside.

“WE NEED A STICKER! GIVE IT! IT’S THIS ONE! WE NEED IT!” they screamed in every direction, scaring the staff member.

“W-what do you need?” the staff member asked nervously.

“WE NEED A STICKER! GIVE IT! IT’S THIS ONE! WE NEED IT!” 

They shoved the flyer in front of her face and pointed menacingly at the blank area. I pushed my way in front, standing beside Kris.

“L-l-let me check that for you.” 

With shaky hands, she shuffled through the papers on the desk to find them. She then opened a drawer and slowly took something out.

“I’m sorry, but I only have one more,” she held it up. Our eyes widened. Kris and I slowly looked at each other.

“NO, NO, IT’S MINE! LET GO! I FOUND IT FIRST!!”

We both struggled for the sticker. It was so small that our fingers left no room for each other and we were so careful not to rip it in half. The boys surrounding us were roaring like wild animals.

“SHUT UP!” Kris yelled at the top of his lungs. He then looked straight into my eyes.

“Please give it to me,” I said with a firm voice, earning a scoff from him.

“You can’t be serious. I’m not going to just let it go after all this,” he narrowed his eyes. 

“Why do you want this so badly?” I asked as I continued to grip my end of the sticker tightly.

“I don’t want to lose. I can’t lose. I won’t lose,” he said with determination.

“So, you desperately want to go to Disneyland?” I raised my eyebrows.

“That’s not the point! I can’t lose to a girl!” 

I rolled my eyes at his reason.

“Are you serious? You shouldn’t be ashamed. I'm sure you've been beaten by girls many times," I replied. 

“Hyemi!” Kris pulled the sticker with force.

“Hey! You’re going to tear it!” I warned.

“I don’t care! Just let go!”

“Both of you are so stubborn,” Luhan suddenly spoke. 

Kris and I turned to him and now saw an ice-cream in his hand, sitting with the others who were also holding their ice-cream. They looked entertained. 

“Wouldn’t it be funny if a child had already won this competition without us realizing. Then this whole thing was just a big waste of time,” Chen innocently laughed.

“But didn’t they say that they were going to announce the winner at four?” Chanyeol questioned. Hearing what he said, I grabbed Kris’ wrist with my free hand and looked at his watch.

“It’s 3:45,” my eyes widened. 

“So?” Kris looked at me questioningly.

“The mall closes at five! I only have an hour and fifteen minutes to shop for a dress!”

“You have plenty of time,” he shrugged.

“You’re not a girl! You wouldn’t understand!” I yelled.

“So, I guess we win? Whoo!” Kai raised his arms up in victory.

“No, I’m not going to give in,” I argued.

“Wait, is that Sehun’s cap?” Kris suddenly asked as he eyed it.

“Yeah, it is,” Sehun answered for me.

“It looks good on you,” Kris complimented.

Unexpectedly, my moment with Sehun earlier flashed in my head. I then felt something slip out from the edge of my fingertips. My eyes widened when I saw Kris hold up the sticker.

“H-how did you…”

“I got it! I win!” Kris jumped like a little kid high on sugar. Just then, Baekhyun hugged me from behind and laughed.

“I thought you’d both be at it for hours. That didn’t take long,” he joked.

“I thought so too, but I’m glad it’s over. I was getting tired,” Luhan patted my shoulder. Then my team and I went in for a group hug.

“That was really fun!” Kris hugged me the second the others scattered away.

“It really was,” I grinned and hugged him back. 

After he stuck the final sticker on their paper, we all started walking back to the stall together. Just I was about to catch up to them, Sehun grabbed my wrist.

“What's wrong?” I asked. He let me go and began taking something out from his pocket.

“I just thought you might want this,” he opened his fist and revealed a sticker. A sticker that looked exactly like the one Kris and I were fighting over just before.

“Oh my gosh, where did you get another one?!” I stared at it in surprise.

“While all of you were harassing that poor staff member, I found it on the ground near her desk,” he explained. 

“Why didn’t you show it earlier? You could’ve saved us ten minutes of useless fighting.” 

“Because I didn’t want to give it until one of you had won. I didn’t want to give it to Kris if he lost,” he reasoned.

“So, what are you going to do with it now?”

“Well, since Kris won, I’m giving it to you. Now you're both winners,” he cheekily smiled as he took my hand and placed it on my palm.

He’s being too nice. It’s hard for me to hate him right now.

“Thanks. I'm glad you're on my team,” I muttered under my breath.

With one last look and adjust of the cap on me, Sehun slung an arm over my shoulder and turned us to follow the others.

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

Right when Kris placed his completed sticker flyer on the manager’s desk, I also rested mine next to his. He looked at it in shock.

“Where did you get that?!” Kris asked, referring to the last sticker. 

“Sehun helped me out,” I grinned.

“Ah! I see you’ve both collected your stickers and bought the items. Congratulations!” the manager wished us.

“Thank you!”

“Just a quick question. Has anyone submitted their collection before us?” Luhan’s head popped out in between mine and Kris’.

“Actually, many children had submitted theirs, but none were completed.”

“Oh, okay,” Luhan tried to hide a wide smile. He then frowned and muttered something about the children sadly not being able to go to Disneyland.

“Well, since the competition has come to an end, I’ll announce the winners now. Once again, congratulations to you, Mr and Miss,” the manager presented me and Kris with a Disneyland ticket each.

The winner was supposed to receive two tickets, however since there are two winners, we get one each. 

“Thank you so much,” I bowed. I then handed my ticket to Luhan.

“Wait, wait! What about me?!” a four year old boy shouted below us, jumping up and down with his finished sticker collection and huge toys carried in his tiny, little arms. 

I quickly looked at the manger and noticed him frown. I bit my bottom out of guilt when I saw the little boy’s excited face. The manager leaned down and patted the boy’s head. 

“Um, I’m sorry to tell you, but—"

“You’ll be skipping a few days of kindergarten to go to Disneyland!” Luhan suddenly shouted happily. He squatted down to meet the child’s height and gladly gave his ticket to him. 

“THANK YOU! THANK YOU!” the boy threw his toys in the air out of excitement and gave Luhan a hug.

"You'll have the best time there," Luhan grinned, hugging back. 

“Oppa, you get to go? Lucky!” a three year old girl skipped to the little boy and nudged his arm. Their mother looked at them with a warm smile.

“You don't need to be sad because you get to go too! Hooray!” Kris knelt down and grinned at the adorable little girl. He handed her his ticket, making her scream out of joy. She then jumped onto him too. 

This has got to be the sweetest thing I have ever seen in my life.

“That’s really kind of you. It's always been their dream to go there. Thank you very much,” the mother kindly showed her gratitude to them before grabbing her children’s hands.

“Bye! I love you!” the little boy and girl waved at us. The mother bowed before the whole family left. 

“Aw, I’m so proud of you both,” I kissed Kris and Luhan’s cheek.

“I really admired what you did. I'm sure you'll be great fathers in the future,” the manager told them.

“Thank you.”

“Although you didn’t win the first place prize, I'm not letting you leave empty-handed. I’m happy to award you the prize for second place.”

We all looked at him in curiosity, “What is it?”

“A brand new bicycle!” he wheeled in a shiny silver bike behind the counter with a large pink bow attached on the handles. It was perfect for our size.

“We’ll have it delivered to your hotel in a few days. Once again, thank you for participating in this year’s Sticker Contest. We hope you had a great time!”

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

After a very long day at the mall, Exo and I finally returned to our hotel. I told them that I’d buy my dress some other time.

I went inside my room and placed my phone, keys and wallet on the table beside the door. Before I started heading to the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a mirror. I realized that I was still wearing Sehun’s cap. Removing it, I went up to Sehun’s door and knocked.

“Sehun!” I shouted. The door swung open. 

“What’s up?” he asked.

“I just wanted to return this to you,” I handed his cap over.

“Thanks. I thought you were planning on keeping it,” he said as he placed it on his head.

“Be grateful that I'm a nice person. I had fun wearing it,” I replied truthfully. Completing my deed, I started walking back to my room, but was stopped when he called me.

“Hold on. I want to give you something too. Wait here,” Sehun quickly went inside, keeping the door wide open.

“Did you take something from my room without my permission?” I joked as I watched him search for it.

“No, I wouldn't do that!”

After a minute of looking he came back. 

“Here,” he held a wrist watch in front of me.

“The Hello Kitty watch?!” I gasped as I took it.

“Yeah. I wanted to apologize for startling you back at the toy shop,” he explained. 

“Thank you. I forgive you, but don’t ever do that again,” I warned. He chuckled.

“No promises. Also, I want to give you something else as a thank you for a fun day, even though you never planned on spending it with me or the rest of Exo-K,” Sehun rolled his eyes.

“I’ll kindly accept it,” I smiled cutely, opening both of my hands.

“Are you ready for it? You’ll definitely be surprised.”

“I’m ready! Please give it.” 

With a blink of an eye, Sehun leaned his face forward and gave a small peck on the corner of my lips. I instantly froze in my spot.

He did not just do that.

“Thanks, Hyemi!” he showed a grin before closing the door on my face.

“Oh Sehun, get back here! What was that?! You can't just go around kissing people!” I yelled, banging on the door very loudly. Over the loud noise I was making, I still managed to hear him laugh.

“You’re so impatient! Just come back tomorrow for another one!” he shouted.

“NO, I WILL NOT COME BACK TOMORROW!”

He laughed again, “We’ll see about that!”

I stomped inside my room and just slammed the door shut. When I went in the bathroom, I looked in the mirror. The reflection in it surely wasn't mine because the person looking back at me had red cheeks, burning in embarrassment.

 

[Sehun’s POV] 

I leaned my entire body on the door and waited for my racing heart to calm down. After hearing Hyemi’s door close, I touched my lips and smiled. 

I knew I should’ve just aimed for her lips. Now I’m just craving for more.

Taking a deep breath, I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Hyemi's words flooded my mind again. It couldn't be erased. They were just instilled there after they escaped her lips in a soothing whisper. 

"If only you weren't a huge flirt. Then I'd probably consider liking you. Maybe."

That was it. That was all it took to change everything. After today, I will not be the same guy. I'll be the person you only want me to be. After today, I will do whatever it takes to make you fall in love with me.