Introductions

The Bubble Tea Store

 

I ate the last fruit of my fruit salad and then just watched Sehun finish his ham and cheese sandwich.

"Can you eat faster? I want to go now," I rushed him, gesturing with my hand.

"Why are you in a hurry?" he took another bite. 

"Because we're supposed to meet the boys at the pier, remember?"

"It's too early," he quickly glanced at his watch. "We'll see them in an hour."

"We're already ten minutes late!" I informed.

"Stop rushing me! I'm going to get indigestion because of you."

Impatient, I rolled my eyes. 

"You're the worst person to have lunch with," I grumbled. Sehun wiped his bottom lip with a thumb. 

"It'll be over soon. I'm just waiting for that pocky stick."

"It's not going to come! Even if it does I'm just going to snap it in half."

"You're so easy to annoy, you know that?" Sehun just showed an amused smile. 

"I know!"

He chuckled. 

"Why do you do this to me?" I asked, almost whimpering. 

"Because it's fun," he simply said with a shrug. 

"It's not."

"Yes, it is. I'm always entertained."

"Well, I'm always thinking of punching you in the face. If we swap lives for a day, you'll understand how I feel."

"Swap lives? You mean you flirt with me instead of me flirt with you? I definitely wouldn't complain," he leaned back on his chair coolly with a grin. 

"That's not what I meant!" I yelled.

"Yeah, right."

"I'm done waiting!" I pushed my plate back and abruptly stood up, "Just meet us there when you're done."

Sehun quickly took the last bite of his sandwich before standing up. "Done!" 

We then started to make our way out of the restaurant. Unexpectedly, a small collision occured between me and stranger who was just standing near the doorway. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" the person apologized, picking up my purse that I dropped and returned it to me. 

"Oh, um, it's okay," I said, accepting it. She took a quick, hesitant glance through the window of the restaurant and then turned to me again.

"Anyway, I'm going to go now," she replied, suddenly looking flustered.

"Did you need any help?" I kindly asked. She looked at me and Sehun. 

"No, I was just waiting for a friend. We're supposed to have lunch together," she explained, giving a sideway glance through the window once again. "But I forgot we cancelled it today."

"Oh, okay," I nodded, hiding a smile. She was pretty, and the way she nervously fiddled with her fingers amused me. 

"I'm Hyemi," I extended my hand for a handshake, which she gladly accepted. 

"I'm Haneul," she introduced herself. Her name instantly rang a bell in my head. 

Sehun waved at her, showing a warm smile. "And I'm Sehun, Hyemi's boyf--OW!"

I immediately elbowed him to prevent him from finishing his introduction.

"It's nice to meet you both. Anyway, I should be going. I'll see you around!" 

For the final time, Haneul turned her head to the restaurant, the corner of her lips curving upwards.

"She seemed nice," Sehun said. "Anyway, let's meet the others now. I think they're made that we're late."

"You go ahead. I need to check something first," I told him as I stood in front of the window of the restaurant.

"Hurry up or I'll get bored without you there," he said before leaving.

I inspected the view through the window, curious as to what made Haneul constantly look inside there. My eyes scanned the unfamiliar tourists sitting at the tables eating their lunch. Just then, my attention landed on a handsome waiter serving a table. 

"Myungsoo?" I questioned myself. A grin started forming on my face. 

Did I just meet his love interest? And did I just catch her admiring him from afar? I think I did!

Confirming my suspicion, I strode over to Myungsoo and tapped his shoulder. 

"Oh, hey. You're back," he smiled. 

"Yeah, there was just something I wanted to make sure," I began. 

"What is it?"

"You were supposed to have lunch with a friend this afternoon, but it got cancelled, right?"

He tilted his head in confusion, "A cancelled lunch meeting? No, I don't know anything about that."

So, I was right. Haneul just made an excuse that they had a cancelled lunch here so she could secretly watch him. Does this mean she likes him too?!

Just then, my phone received a message: 

Hurry up. I'm waiting.   -- Sehun