Strike

The Pain Behind The Darkness

2009-02-26 15:40

Oscar went to the minibar and poured him a glass of brandy ” an early celebration?” he almost split out the brandy of the sudden remark ” you caught me of guard, when did you come?”

” I have been here since the afternoon didn't your followers tell you?” Apparently they wanted too but he just ignored them when he entered ” probably they forgot” he lied “ do you want me something?”

Charm shook her head “ not really just wanted to pass by and see how things are going but judging by the way you act things seems to go well.

Oscar nodded in agreement “ I think I have things under control now, so you don’t need to worry”

Charm had a light smile on “ great then I really can hand you this business”

“count me on that”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009-03-05 warehouse   

Oscar walked in with few of his followers behind and waited for the time to come.

Michael came few minutes later “ you are in time” Oscar chuckle “more like you are late”
“well well it’s our big day let’s see what we have here” Michael suggested and walked to the wooden cargo box and turned around “ what are you waiting for, open it”

Oscar looked at Michael with surprise “ no, I don’t think it’s a good idea. Go ahead and open it yourself” Michael shrugged “ as you want” and opened the box “ what is this?” Oscar had a confused look and walk forward “what is it?” and stopped when he saw the contents and looked at Michael with shock before Michael could say anything the door to the warehouse got opened “freeze Hong Kong Police”

Everyone in the warehouse run to different direction Bosco, Selina, Felix ran after Oscar and his followers while Catharine, Alex and another member from team B chased after Michael and his followers

Alex caught one of Michael’s follower while Catharine chased after Michael few minutes after two shots were fired Alex and the other team member ran at the direction where Catharine were and found her putting handcuffs on Michael who was laying on the ground with a wounded hand “ are you okay?” Alex asked with concern when spot the wound on Catharine’s arm

“I’m fine, I just didn’t expected him being armed” Catharine said and hold her arm “ you are laying I didn’t fire! It’s her who put the gun in my hand, I’m innocent!” Michael shouted

Back to the warehouse they found Bosco standing there and waited for them “ Wong sir we caught Michael but Catharine is wounded” Alex reported and supported Catharine “ are you okay?” Catharine nodded “ did you manage to caught them?”

“I’m sure you are okay when you are more concerned on that” Bosco smiled and winked towards the car and found Oscar sitting inside with Selina.

“did you hear what I said? I haven’t done anything I’m innocent. This is a trap!” Michael shouted but was just pushed forward by the other B team member “ if you have something to say tell your lawyer or beg to the judge”

Bosco looked at Michaels wounded hand “ take him to the hospital first, we will take the interrogation after”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oscar was sitting in the custody with his head resting in his hands “ your lawyer is here “ Oscar looked up and saw an unfamiliar face but exhaled when seeing Charm by her side“ Zhi wah djeh you need to save me I don’t want to go to jail”

Charm nodded “ tell us what have happen, I’m sure lawyer Choi will do whatever she can to take  you out”

Oscar ruffles his hair “ I don’t know.. I don’t know what happen”

“why where you there from the beginning?” Ada asked Oscar looked at Ada helplessly “ I..I was there because..”

“because of what? If you don’t tell us we can’t help you. What is it that is so hard to tell?” Charm asked with frustration

Oscar lowered his head “ I’m sorry Zhi wah djeh. I’m sorry..” and hold her hands “ sorry for what?” Charm said with confusions “ I was meeting Michael there to collaborate with him with his and our business but..”  but was cut off by Charm who flew of her seat in anger and snatched back her hands from his grip “ you where there for what? Collaborating with Cheng Long!!”

Ada pulled Charm back to the seat “calm down hear him out first” Charm looked at Ada with fury “ there are no need to hear him out. it serves him right. He betrayed Choi Long it doesn’t matter if he goes to jail or not is non of my business”

“Zhi wah djeh please.. please forgive me I know I’m wrong I promise you it won’t happen again.” Oscar pleaded “do you really think there will be again for you?” Charm said with anger Oscar shook his head “ sorry, sorry I know I have done a huge mistake but Zhi wah djeh believe me I never though of betraying Choi Long I was planing to use Michael to get on Cheng Long, I will never betray Choi Long. Choi Long is like my home were I have grew up in”

Charm took few deep breaths to regain her calm “ Be honest with me how long have you and Michael collaborated and was this the first time?”

Oscar nodded “ this is the first time. I have had contact with him nearly a half of year but I promise you I have never given him any information about Choi Long to him”

“ So how did you get to know where to meet him today?” Ada started to ask when seeing Charm calmed down

“ I received a message from Michael who told me to meet him today, where and which time. He never mentioned what it was he was going to pick up in the warehouse, all I know was it’s something valued and important for Cheng Long but never did I though he was smuggle weapons”  Oscar explaind

Ada wrote down some notes and nodded “ did you touch the goods?” Oscar shook his head “ since it was Michael’s goods I let him open it “ have you the message that Michael send you left?” Again it was a shaking “ I always deletes his message also there are no name in it so even if I had it left it can’t be proved it’s him who send it to me”

40 min after
“okay Oscar, later in the interrogation I will answer the question in your behalf. Try to not say too much if there are questions that I can’t answer for you. Just stay calm” Ada ordered

“ don’t think of other things right now focus on how you should behave and do during the interrogation. I will explain for your dad” Charm said before she leaved the custody.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jupi: Hope you all enjoy this chapter =)