First time

The Pain Behind The Darkness


2008-04-02 17:30pm Dragon Bar

Charm sat in the office room and waited for Derek and Kenny to arrive, a knock was heard before the door get open, Charm looked up and was expecting Derek and Kenny to enter but to her surprise it was Ron in front of her " are you looking for me?" she asked

Ron nodded and walked up to her " yeah, I want to say thanks and apologise to you" Charm had a I don't understand expression " why are you thanking me and in the same time apologising? If you want to thank me because of the rescue then you don't need too, I promised your dad I would bring you back safe and if you want to apologise for bringing problems for Choi Long because you deal with Michael then you don't need it either, I'm happy to know that you are not like your father, you don't care what position Michael have and keep what you think it's right"

Ron looked at Charm, his dad have always been right this leader was understanding and more then worth following " I didn't just want to thank you because of the rescue also because you gave me chances and time. I'm not just apologising for bringing problems for Choi Long also because I have been rude and unpleasant towards you. What I said about you before I take it all back, you are not that kind of leader that will hide behind your followers instead you are the one who stand in front if anything happens."

Charm smiled lightly and get up from hear seat" this is the first time I hear soft words from you" and put her hand out in a boyish way and Ron grabbed it " I will follow you for sure" Charm shook her head " no, you are not following me, you are my hou heng daij (means good "brother")

Kenny and Derek came in and was surprised to see Ron " we seat down and wait for you Zhi Wah " said Derek and glared at Ron before he sat down. Charm saw the glance but didn't want to take it now and just told Ron to leave if there wasn't anything else. Ron nodded towards Derek and Kenny before leaving.

Derek waited for the door to close before he spoke up " why would he be here?" Charm looked at him " why can't he be here? he is also Choi Long's men. I don't care and don't want to know what have happen between you guys, but this is in the past just let it go. You both are my great brothers and I don't want to see you guys fallen out with each other"

Derek nodded " I understand" Charm had a smile on her lips " great, well back to why I called you guys over"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20:40pm Fung's Bar

Ray came in to the bar and saw that everything was like usual and went straight to the office room where Joel was waiting.

Ray open the door but stopped when he saw Michael inside, Michael get up from his seat and greeted " Ray" this was the first time they met again after the accident. Michael haven't had the courage to face Ray he didn't know how he should convince Ray about the trouble he have made was not his fault and mistake.

Ray looked at Michael and then back to Joel " what are he doing here?" Joel went up to Ray " I know you don't want to see him, but at least give him a chance to explain. I'm sure he knows he was wrong" Ray looked at Michael over Joel's shoulder and then back to Joel " since when did you care about him?"

Joel shook his head " I don't give a on him, I care about you. I know that you and him are buddy's I just don't want to see my good buddy lost a friend without letting him explain" Ray smiled at Joel and patted him on the shoulder before entering the office.

Michael looked at Ray the whole time when he entered till he sat down on his chair " Ray gah, can you please listen to me"

Ray looked serious at Michael " don't call me brother, I'm not your brother" Michael stepped closer " Ray.." and stopped when Ray put his hand up signaling him to stop " have you treated me as a brother? If you really think I'm your brother, why didn't you tell me your plans? You zhi bah zhi wai (means make own decision and actions) and bought Ron over to North Point I can forgive you about that but this wasn't the only thing you did. You told people to make trouble on Choi Long's places, your purpose wasn't just to show Ron who determines in terms of you two. You wanted to show Choi Long that you don't care about them or their leader"

Michael lower his head it was right that he had another purpose then showing Ron who was in determines in terms of them two. He have always looked down at Zhi Wah and didn't think she could bring any harm. Ray looked at his actions " what? didn't you had something to say?" Michael nodded and looked up at Ray " yes, I know that I have been to chong dong. I shouldn't have told the followers to bring problem to Choi Long and I should have told you what I had planed but I have always treated you as a brother and I didn't have any purpose to show Choi Long or their leader that I didn't care about them. Can you please forgive me and give me another chance"

Ray nodded " I can give you another chance but from now on you just need to deal with the drug dealing in Taiwan" Michael wanted to protest but hesitated when he saw the fixed face on Ray and just nodded in agreement " I will do my best and won't let you down this time" Ray smiled lightly " good, then you can leave now. I still have some words left with Joel"

Michael looked back at Joel and then back to Ray and nodded lightly " ok then, I leave you guys alone" and leaved unwillingly. Joel went up to Ray when the door closed and took a seat " Did you really need to be so harsh? I mean Michael have been dealing with the drug dealing all this year, who else should take over it now?"

Ray lend back at the support " If he doesn't get his punishment he won't remember this and will soon make a big mistake again. I know he is the mainly in charge with the drugs but so am I. So from now on I will take care of it all by myself"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22:00pm Fun Fun's Bar

Ron walked in and looked around, seems that everything have already been satle down. He smiled and nodded, Derek sure knows how to take care of things. Ron walked up to the bardisk and took a seat, Tav turned around without knowing who he was, she served him like the other costumers "hi, what can I help you with?" she asked in a friendlyway. Ron shrug his shoulder " make me anything you think I will like" Tav nodded and started to mix something for him.

She pulled out a glass and pured the drink in " here you are Cinderella's dream" Ron looked at her " why would you make Cinderella's dream for me?" Tav looked at him with surprise if the costumers told her to make a drink for them they have never asked why "well you seems to be in pretty good mood so I thought of something sweet but still a bit acrid will match you at the moment" Ron nodded with a impressed smile " seems that you are pretty good in analyse people, what's your name?" Tavia smiled " I have been working as a bartender for awhile, it's easy to see what kind of mood my costumers are in, I'm Bowie" Ron nodded " thanks for the drink Bowie, see you next time" and put the cash under the glass and leaved, Tav wanted to stop him but he was already out from the bar. She looked down at the drink he didn't even try it. In this time Sheron came out from her office and patted Tav on the shoulder " what are you thinking about again" Tav turned around "ha? the costumer just now was so strange, he told me to make a drink for him but he didn't even tried it and just leaved after paying"

Sheron had a surprise expression " that's strange but next time he could have payed before you made him a drink, then we don't need to waste the drink" and winked " don't think about it, there are a lot of strange people out there" and walked away to chat with the costumers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02:00am Fun Fun's Bar

Sheron waved goodbye to the costumers before she collapsed down on the couch and had her palm on her forehead, Tav went up to her with a glass of water " Sheron are you ok? drink some water"

Sheron sat up and took the glass of water from Tavia and nodded " it's fine with me, I'm used to it" Tav looked at her with concern " are you sure you are ok? I have never seen you this drunk before, you didn't need to drink that much"

Sheron smiled and shook her head " you don't understand, those are big costumers, If I don't drink with them they may change place. Don't worry I'm fine go and fix the rest so we can close today, you also want to go home today right?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-04-03 07:00 am Sheh's mansion

Charm, Kong, Francis and Jade all sat around the dinner table and enjoyed the breakfast when Kong spoke up " Zhi Wah, my birthday is near why don't we make the celebration for you and Fancis sueng kai in the same day, what do you think?"
Charm looked up at her grandpah " if gandpah think it's good then I don't have any other proposal but we still need to ask kai jeh, what do you think?" Francis put down his spoon " well I'm satisfied with anything, if we don't have a big celebration I don't mind it either so this will be perfect"

Kong laughed happily " great, we haven't had any big celebration for long. Last was when Zhi Wah took over Choi Long"

Charm smiled " I will take contact with aunt and see if she have time to come"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:15pm KLC in the chairman's room

Charm looked through the files, she have two meetings to attend in the afternoon and was preparing for it when her cellphone started to rang, she answered it without looking on the display " Charmaine speaking"

On the other line " Hi Zhi Wah, It's me Kev am I disturbing?"

Charm: " Oh Hi Kev, no of course not what's up?"

Kev had a smile on his face when he heard that but Charm couldn't see that " I just wanted to ask you if you have time for dinner tonight, you still remember it right?

Charm thought for awhile and remembered that Kev did call her when she was in Taiwan and asked her out for a dinner " well of course I remember, you said it was your treat of course I will remember that"

Kev laughed " yeah, so are you free tonight?"

Charm look through her schedule " yeah, it seems that I haven't  anything planed for tonight, I have two meetings in this afternoon but I don't think it will take too long"

Kev: " great then, I can come over and pick you up"

Charm: " Ha? no you don't need to I can come by myself. I'm not at office so don't want to bother you. Tell me time and where and I will be there"

Kev: " seven o'clock, Milan restaurant near the sea"

Charm: "ok, then see you seven o'clock"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all, I just totaly forgot it was the weekend today, sorry about the late update

5/7-09