Meet again

The Pain Behind The Darkness

       
2008-03-16 20:30pm Lam's mansion

Ray, Paul, Joel and Linda all four was sitting around the dinner table silently and enjoyed their dinner. Joel knew that Ray wouldn't talk do to what have happened earlier this day but he couldn't bare this silent " so Ka yan, how long will you be staying here?"

Linda looked up "ha, well I have actually thought of staying here in HK for good, I have already find a job and will start tomorrow"

Joel looked at her with surprise " wow, you have already found a job, that's fast. Which company are you going to work for?"

In this time Ray put down his bowl and get up from his seat " I'm fool, you guys continue, I go up and finish my work" with that said he leaved.

Both Paul and Linda looked at Ray, Linda was really disappointed that she didn't had a chance to talk with Ray when Paul where more concerned over what was bothering his son. Joel on the other hand know exactly what was going on in Ray's mind, and just did what Ray said to continue their dinner.

Joel: " so where were we? ah I remember now, which company are you going to work for"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joel open the door to Ray's room and entered without knocking " hey buddy what's up?"

Ray who sat at his desk and holding the necklace that he bought to Charm when he was in Taiwan put it down so Joel wouldn't see but it was too late, Joel had already get sign of it.

Ray looked up " before you come in to someones room you should have asked for permission, do you know it's really impolite"

Joel nodded and laid down on Ray's bed " yeah yeah I know that, are you afraid that I would see what you are up to in your room?"

Ray" I'm not up to anything, have you already finish your dinner? why didn't you stay for a bit longer and chat with Linda? you seems to have a lot of things to talk about"

Joel sat up " well I wanted to see how it was with you also she said she had to prepare for tomorrow so she leaved not long after you did"

Ray: " oh, so it was actually her who hadn't time with you that's why you came in here"

Joel: " of course not, how can you think that about me, I was concerned about you"

Ray looked at Joel with a weired expression " why are you concerned about me?"

Joel:" don't tell me that you didn't care about what Michael's follower said today, you are concerned about Zhi Wah aren't you?" Ray didn't response so Joel continue " this world is really small" Ray looked up and had a questioning face " what are you talking about?"

Joel: " What I mean is if you are really worried about her injuries you can always ask Linda tomorrow, Linda are going to work on Kong Long freight company"

Ray had a surprised expression " will she? but that doesn't mean she will meet Charm, do you think it's that easy to meet the chairman"

Joel shook his head "of course it's not easy to meet the chairman but Linda told me that the CFO who is the head of her department last name is Sheh and she also said that CFO was a really young lady. As I know I don't think there are any other employee in KLC that share the same last name as Zhi Wah"

Ray had smile on his face " so you are telling me that Linda is working in the same floor as Charm?"

Joel nodded " look at you, you said nothing was concerning you. You turn all this happy suddenly when you get to know that Linda is working for Zhi Wah. Even if you didn't tell me what's up in your mind I know you buddy but I want to remind you that there won't be anything between you guys, you should know it clearly by now"

Ray looked away " I don't even know what you are talking about" Joel went up to Ray and continued " you don't know or you don't want to know? Ray accept the fact that you two are enemies and this will never change, and from today on you need to face that. As you said she won't just let what happen go that easily. Think about it" and patted Ray on the shoulder and  leaved.

Ray looked back at the necklace, closed the box, get up and went up to his bed, bend down and took out a big box under the bed and put the necklace box in it with the other birthday gift that he have bought to her in all this years.

Ray's P.O.V
Maybe Joel are right, I need to accept the fact

end of P.O.V

Ray closed the box and put it back, and lied down on his bed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-03-17 07:00 am


Ray get out from his room and met Linda on the stairways " good morning, going to work?"

Linda had a warm smile " good morning, yeah it's my first day so I thought of going earlier"

Ray nodded " that's good, when do you start?"

Linda: " I'm starting nine o'clock, my boss told me I could come in later today because it's my first day otherwise I start eight."

Ray: " wow, then you are really early, seems that your have a really nice boss"

Linda nodded and smiled " yeah she is really nice, she even asked me if I had anywhere to stay and told me that there are some employee apartment that was still empty so I could move in if I needed."

They both sat down around the table and chat djeh came with their breakfast

Ray: " seems that your boss isn't just only nice she are really caring"

Linda smiled and took a sip from the fresh pressed orange juice " yeah she really is"

Ray: " well since it's your first day of work, what about I give you a ride so you won't get stuck in the traffic yam later"

Linda smiled brightly from the heart and could feel the warmth rising, yesterday he was so cold and didn't even talk to her and today he was so kind and even offer to give her a ride " that would be really nice of you, but are you sure that this won't change your own plans?"

Ray smiled " of course not, I planed to wake up earlier to give you a ride, so this won't crash my plans. are you ok Linda your face have turned all red"

Linda had her hand on her cheeks " ha? I'm fine I think I still haven't been used to the hot weather in HK"

Ray looked at her with weird expression " it is that hot inside? we have the air condition on already, are you sure you are fine?"

Linda nodded " yeah, I'm more then fine"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07:50am KLC

Ray pulled the car on the side of the road and turned the engine off, Linda took the belt off " thanks for the ride" and was going to get off the car when Ray spoke " what about I follow you up, it's still early and I have nothing to do"

Linda looked at Ray with surprise " you follow me up?"

Ray nodded " yeah, any problem?"

Linda shook her head " no of course not, I just hadn't expected you to"

Ray smiled and took off his belt " I also want to see how it looks like inside a big company like KLC"

Linda smiled sweetly " It shouldn't be any problem it's still early I think my boss won't mind"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

floor 5

Ray and Linda get off the elevator and the receptionist greeted " Hi can I help you?"

Linda smiled " Hi my name is Linda Chung, it's my first day today"

receptionist " oh sorry, I didn't know that you would be so early. Cindia told me you will come in 9 o'clock today so I wasn't expecting you"

Linda nodded " yeah I know I'm quite early" and went in with Ray following.

Ray looked around " so it's like this how a big company look likes" and tried to find where Charm's office was.

Linda smiled and nodded " yeah, this is where I sit" and showed him her place on the office.  " I think you should leave now before all he other's are back"

Ray looked back at her " ha? oh well then I leave now"

Ray went in to the elevator and press the green button he really hoped that he would have seen Charm today so he could see how she was if she was serious injured or not but too bad she wasn't in yet.

*bling*
 
The elevator reached the down floor and their gaze met when the door get open.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all, I know that I'm late with the update but I still manage to update it in the weekend ;) Hope you guys like this chapter.

 

14/6-09