Not What Was Expected part I

The Pain Behind The Darkness

2008-03-14

16:50 Lam's mansion

Linda was jumping of joy when she came back from her interview today, she have never expected to get hired right away.

Paul saw her happy face and asked " what have happen, that make you so happy?"

Linda went up to Paul and sat beside him " I was on my interview just, and I get hired right away!"

Paul looked at her with wide eyes " Oh so you have already got a job, congratulations, when will you start?"

"I will start the day after tomorrow, because my boss is coming back that day. I still need to see if he want to hire me or not, the one who interviewed me couldn't make that decision but she was positive that I will get hired"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20:30pm room 1504

Charm went in to her room with Jade and Kenny following behind. With a concerned face Jade asked " are you sure you don't want to stay overnight in the hospital and do a full check up?"

Charm shook her head " I'm fine, don't worry I didn't get serious hurt, it's just some bruise and scratches, you guys have been searching around today get some rest and pack things we are going back tomorrow remember?"

Kenny looked at Charm " Zhi Wah why didn't you let us tell Deng jeh where you were? Did he have something to do with this?"

Jade looked at Kenny and then back to Charm " I didn't think of it, is it true what Kenny is saying?"

Charm looked at them both " take a seat first, well I don't know if it have something to do with him but today it was two groups of people one was out of me and the other one was out for Raymond. The only one I can think of who want his life is deng jeh that's why I told you guys not to say anything to him"

Kenny nodded but Jade in the other hand wanted to ask more questions seeing her like that Kenny get up and leaved so they could have some time to talk.

When Kenny have leaved Charm looked at Jade " now Kenny have leaved, what do you want to ask?"

Jade didn't need to go around the question she could go straight to the point " why did you tell Joel to call me? you could have told him where you guys where"

Charm looked at Jade " is this your only question to me?"

Jade shook her head " no, I also want to know why you didn't let Joel to see you there with Raymond and why didn't you just leave him "

Charm smiled lightly " I thought you understands me better then this, anyway first of all I told Joel to call you because I didn't wanted him to arrive first so he could see me there, also I know that you wouldn't mention anything about me and in the same time you would know that Raymond was there as well. I know what you are thinking, I do hate the Lam's but I'm clear on one thing it's his father and his uncle who him nga (which mean own me) it have nothing to do with him, I don't want to see an innocent die when I know I can help. Now everything is clear you should have a good sleep right?"

Jade smiled and nodded " I once thought that you hated Raymond as well, but I'm glad that you are so clear with this things. Ok I go back now, you go and rest I will pack your stuff for you"

Charm nodded and laid in the bed and thought back to what happen earlier this day

POV

Charm had her hands around Ray with her cheek against his cheek to keep him warm. She didn't know how long she have been staying in this position but soon Kenny and Jade arrived. Charm looked up when she heard sound and was reliefed to see them both.

She told Kenny to have an eye on the outside, if he saw Joel coming he should report it to her.

Kenny saw Joel coming down and told Charm. Charm get up and told them both to hide on the other side so Joel won't see them.

Charm made sure that Joel was gone before she leaved

end of POV

Charm get up from the bed and was going to take a shower when she felt there where something in her pocket. She took it out and saw Ray's phone, she have forgot to put it back before she leaved. She get out from her room and get down to the reception and told them to give it back to room 1505 when they was back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21:05 pm Sheraton Hotel

Joel came into the hotel and saw Charm going back up, he was hadding towards the elevator when the receptionist stopped him " excuse me sir, is this your cellphone or is it your friends?"

Joel take a look on the cellphone and found it to be Ray's " where did you find it?"

The receptionist smiled " we didn't find it, it was a costumer here who find it and told me to give it back to the owner in room 1505."

Joel looked at the receptionist " do you know which room she lives in? I really want to thank her in person"

The receptionist shook her head " I'm sorry I don't know which room she live in, even if I know I can't tell you"

Joel nodded " ok, I understand, thanks anyway"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-03-15 12:00pm Sheh mansion

The doorbell rang and Bernice went to open it, to her surprise Charm and Jade was standing outside "sui jeh? I thought you would be comming back tomorrow?"

Charm and Jade went in and Bernice help them with the luggage " well I wanted to give you guys a surprise so I decided to come back earlier, where is grandpah?"

Bernice nodded " he is upstairs in his office, he haven't been out for the whole day I don't know what's wrong"

Charm looked up at the office door, she knew what was bothering him. " up pack the things first and prepare some lunch for us" with that said Charm went upstairs.

Charm knock on the door before she entered " grandpah I'm back"

Kong and Fransic looked up and with a smile on their face " didn't you said you will be back tomorrow?" asked Kong

Charm went up to Kong and bend down beside his chair " yeah, but though of giving you a surprise, I heard from the maids that you have been in your office for the whole day, are you thinking of Ming bak (bak mean old man)?"

Kong looked at Charm and placed a hand on her shoulder " ah Ming was my great buddy, he did all he could to payback to us, too bad his son was so disappointing"

Charm took her grandpah's hand from her shoulder " I know that Ming bak did all he could, it is his death day tomorrow do you want to visit him?"

Kong nodded " that would be great, I haven't visit his grave for many years I should do that"

Charm gave out a light smile " It is ok granpah, I have visit him all these years and I'm sure Ming bak understands"

Kong looked at Charm with surprised expression " you have?" Charm nodded " yes, I thought of showing some sam yi from both of us"

Fransic went up to them and smiled to Kong " see how hau sun (which mean kind and carring for once family) Zhi Wah is"

Charm looked up and gave a light smile to her si fuu " I have always been that hau sun, I can just hau sun him so that's why you haven't seen it too often"

Kong understood what Charm meant, she was right, she didn't have so much family members left so how could she show her hau sun " well if you really want to show your hau sun you can do it to your sii fuu, if you think the relationship between sii fu and tou dai isn't close enough you can always seung kai"

Fransic looked at Kong " Kong sok, I wanted to tell her later, when the time was right"

Kong shook his head " you would never dare to say it your own, and I think the time is right now"

Charm looked back and forth at her grandpah and sii fu " what are you guys talking about?"

Fransic looked at Charm " Zhi Wah, you know I don't have any family members, I have always take the Sheh's as my own family and since the day your father past away I felt like my own brother died. I have always wanted to take you as my kai leuj (which mean god daughter), can you think of seung kai with me?"

Charm went up to him and gave him a big hug " kai jeh"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all, hope you guys like this chapter, I promise you guys that I will be updating this fanfic every weekend from now on. If I have time I will update two chapters ;)

If you find this fanfic interesting please leave a comment ^^