The Change part I

The Pain Behind The Darkness

2008-03-11 09:00 Damiens apartment

 

Ron yawned lowedly when he comes out from the bathroom he can't remember when was the last time he went up this early, he usually get up in the noon if it wasn't his father that told him to get up he will still be sleeping.

 

Damien have already change and was reading the newspaper when sitting infront of the tabel

 

Ron greeted "morning old man" and took a seat opposite his father. Damien put the newspaper down and took a look at him.

 

Damien: " was it hard to get up? Look at yourself not shaved, pei tau san fat (haven't fixed the hair, which mean all in a mess) and still wearing the bed cloths".

 

Ron: " old man ah you know that I'm not used to get up this early, it's really great of me to manage to wake up. Do you know when I get to sleep this morning? I came home around three something and get up now just because of you, still you complain".

 

A grin could been seen on Damiens face " you think this is really hard, then don't look down at Zhi Wah"

 

With a confused expression Ron said " what have this to do with her?

 

Damien: " expact of zhi wah taking care of Choi Longs business she have the Kong long freight company to handle. She need to be there from 8-17 like other employee and sometimes she even need to stay over night. After she have been on Kong Long for a half day she goes back to Choi Long and take care of everything there, no matter how late she works to she still gin chi (She still manage and hold strong on it) to go up five in the morning to make sure Kong sook have his daily exercise. And you are complaining even if you have had more than five hours of sleep"

 

Ron: " She herself chose it, I was forced to get up this early, it's totally different"

 

Damien: " ok, ok, we say it totally different but be honest to yourself can you do what she is doing right now?"

 

Ron sat there in silence, with this as responds gave Damien a positive answer that this morning talk did give some effects.

 

Rons POV

Can I do the same as Zhi Wah? Maybe I was wrong about her, at least she is a good grand daughter a good boss and can probably take care of the business but this doesn't mean she isn't a chicken or a bad leader. No matter how hard old man are trying to convince me I still need to find out myself. I need to be satisfied that she is a leader worth following.

End of POV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:00 am Tavias appartment.

 

Bosco open the door without ringing on the dorrbell or knocking. But to his surprise Tav was already changed and was practicing her bar skills.

Bosco: " why are you up at this time? You should be sleeping"

 

Tav: " I always go up early is a habit you know? Usually when I go to work I get up at half past six and today I get up seven"

 

Bosco:" you should change all your habits from now on, you are not Tavia Yeung anymore. Your day should start at noons and ends in the early morning. Which bar girl go up at seven? They go home at six and wake up at one or two to prepare for the night and so should you"

 

Tav nodded he was right she should change her habits and remind herself that she isn't Tavia Yeung anymore.

 

"hey" Tav patted on Bosco shoulder " what are you doing here in this time? Nothing to do at the department?" asked Tav

 

Bosco: " We are changing our lifestyle like you, we are now concentrating on to hit the Tiger (referring to cheng longs business) Yesterday we did an early invetigation but from now on we will do it everyday and go through every place they own. So I told the others to rest this morning and meet up at the afternoon and prepare."

Tav: " Oh so you guys are preparing to hit the tiger, too bad i can't join"

Bosco: "You can't join us in this case but you had a more important mission to take care off. If we can turn down the Big Tiger (referring to Choi Long) then we don't need to waste our time on the small groups."

Tav: "I know I will do my best to complete my mission so we don't need to waste our time. But do yo really believe we can turn them down for good? I man she is still the CEO for one of Hong Kong's biggest freight company."

Bosco:" I know what you are worrying about, but just because she is the CEO of a big company doesn't mean she can disregard from the law. And if we really can make it then we can also show the other companies that no matter how important a company are for the Hong Kong economy they will still get the right punishment."

Tav had a big smile on her face, she have never seen Bosco so serious and what he just said was also her thoughts . This was one of the main reason why she joined the O-gei department.

Tav:" Hou (good) well said! Let's cheers for gong yi gong djeng (which mean for the rights and law)" and handed a drink to Bosco which she have just made.

Bosco take a sip from the drink and taste it with care.

Tav: "hai woh (by the way) you still haven't answered me why you come today? Do you want to test me again?"

Bosco smiled and shook his head " No, I was going to inform you that from the day after tomorrow you will be working on Fun Fun Bar. So prepare and this will be your real test to see if you are ready to join Choi Long, so if you fail this your mission will end immediately."

Tav:" I will do my best and won't make you and the others disappointed"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taiwan 11:30 am

Charm was calling back to Hong Kong with her cellphone to make sure everything was fine there.

Charm:" Bernice how have gandpah been these days?"

Bernice:" Oh low jeh is great the blood-pressure are normal but instead of the morning walk he have a afternoon walk instead.

Charm:" Really? then where is he now?"

Bernice: "Ha? Lau jeh is out in the garden, do you want me to get him for you?

Charm:" Oh no need just tell him that I will be in Taiwan for some more days. If he want me anything it's just to call" with that said charm hand up.

Kong who have been beside Bernice for the whole time asked what Charm have to say and when she will be back to Hong Kong again. Bernice informed him with the information she get from Charm and asked why Kong wanted her to lei to Zhi Wah?

Kong:" If she knows that my health have been unstable these days she will get back to Hong Kong and just forget about the collaboration, don't make her worry to much. I'm just fine now doctor Ng is here and he will take care of me. Just don't say anything to Zhi Wah"

A knock on the hotel room door could be heard and Charm knew it was Jade and just told her to come in since she have her the key already. Jade went in with Kenny behind.

Jade:" Are you done with all the phone calls yet?"

Charm: "not yet I still have one left, is it something you want to talk about?"

Kenny:" we just wonder if you have take contact with the other Taiwan brother yet. And if you have when will we meet him?"

Charm:" I called him this morning but he isn't in Taiwan right now and will be back 13 so we are going to meet him then. Something else?"

Jade:" No that was all but it's time for lunch soon so we though of going out and eat something and since we have nothing to do maybe we can go around and see around this city."

Charm:" Good idea but let me make the last call before we go."

Kenny:" Ok then, we go down to the launch first and wait for you there so we won't disturb."

Charm nodded and started to dial the number and the other one picked it up after 4 signals

Charm:" I didn't wake you up or did I?"

Derek:"Oh is it you ZhiWah, no i have already get up. Do you want me something?"

Charm: Not really just wanted to hear with you if everything is fine on ChoiLong?"

Derek:" Nothing special is just that Git sok is handing over his to Ron and there are some disagreements among the others but I have handle it already."

Charm:" Have an eye on Ron if he makes some troubles don't help him if it isn't too troublesome, he ned to learn. If you need to help him do it without Git sok knowing. I don't want him to be disappointed."

Derek:" I know how to do, don't worry. When will you be back?"

Charm:" I'm not worried at all I know you can handle things, I will be back later then I have planed. I will stay for a couple of days don't really know how long but I don't think it will be to long, don't worry"

Derek:" Oh what have happened? is it serious?

Charm:" No, I can handle it. I can tell you when I'm back. I need to hand up now the others are waiting for me. bye"

Charm went out from the hotel room and in the same time Ray get out of his and their gaze met and to his surprise Charm didn't show any emotions and just looked through him and passed by like he was air. He turned around and watch her back his heart burst a bit at this action of hers. Even if they where enemies she have always had the expression that shows her feelings but this time it was different. It was like he didn't even exist in her world anymore and this was worst, at least he was someone for her before but now everything seems to have change.