Step 7: Make sure not to make a fool of yourself

"How To Catch A Dragon" for Dummies.

 

-Step 7-

 

Kim Joonmyun was worried. He knew there would be moments when he'll need to try and be a good patient and intelligent leader and smile no matter what. Jinki told him that. Jungsoo-hyung told him that. Even Taeyeon-noona told him that. But what they didn't tell him was he would have to worry about the other leader. Because unlike his sunbaes, he shared his load with a very angry fuming dragon.

 

Said dragon was sociable, caring, had a smile that could lure hundreds of fans and was a really good friend and protector and Suho was glad to have him by his side in difficult moments.

 

But what worries him the most was when Wufan gets overprotective, especially when they're in front of their bosses discussing the schedule and their beloved members' personalities.

 

"I don't think that can work, that boy always look like his on crack or something. What fan would like to have a date with him?"

 

Joonmyun just kept holding onto Wufan's right hand under the table, wincing every time the older gripped on his hand and praying to God that Kris wouldn't yell or punch the idiots they have as bosses. Suho still smiled at all of them, like what they said about his 'sons' was nothing and like everything they said was interesting to him.

 

"You know how the fans are Hwan-sshi, they're obsessed. They would accept everything we throw at them. If they want ninja boy with horrible eye bags, of course they'll want the drugged boy"

 

'Please don't say anything Wufan!' Joonmyun kept thinking, soothing and caressing the older's hand with his thumb, trying to relax him.

 

"Well, we obviously can't throw a date variety show with them now; they're not that famous anyway. What if we make our own type of variety show like we did with the f(x) girls? That could work"

 

"I don't know Park-sshi, they weren't famous at that time either but we got good rakings because the girls are hot and the public wanted to know SNSD dongsengs. If we give them their own variety show, the public will expect them to be as funny as Super Junior. And we know how that would work"

 

When all the executives laughed at the argument, Suho felt how Kris was trying to control himself. He knew Kris was doing his best -he always did- but both knew he wasn't patient; he wasn't a good actor. Not like Joonmyun at least who could smile through everything.

 

Hyunkyun dropped everyone at the SMent building at six in the morning like every other day but he along with Wufan, Joonmyun and Sunghwan went directly to the administration floor and had to wait there for two hours until their superiors arrived.

 

As the good managers they were supposed to be, Sunghwan and Hyunkyun had to laugh at every joke the executives made, glancing every now and then at Joonmyun asking him to please take care of Wufan.

 

"And acting! Those boys need some classes about that! What did they learn being trainees? The other day I was watching their development at interviews and one boy -the Chinese sick kid with the blood problem- was asked to act in front of the camera. You know that's important, right? And you know what he did?! He just showed his blank face in front of the camera! Just like that! Like he was some retarded boy who could not-!"

 

Al lot of things happened at once. Sunghwan narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists, ready to punch someone. Hyunkyun glanced quickly at Wufan's reaction. Kris felt so mad that he tried to stand up and hit everyone but fortunately, Joonmyun made a huge effort to keep him seated and started talk without thinking.

 

"I have a suggestion" he raised his voice, stuttering when he realized everyone was looking at him. He counted to three and the insecure Joonmyun let the confident smiling Suho in charge "I realized a lot of our fans are dying to get to know us off stage; they want to know our personalities, our dislikes and everything they can not only as singers but as normal guys. Two days ago I talked to Mblaq Mir and he told me they had a variety show indoors with only them and without schedule. They only planned to make a couple of episodes but the fans liked it too much and they ended up with thirteen episodes. Mir said it was Sesame Player, maybe we could do something like that? Fans love knowing how and where we live"

 

Following a long silence, Joonmyun slowly retreated his left hand from Kris' grip, without making a sound and trying really hard not to show any facial expression of pain.

 

"Without schedule, you say?" one of the executives exclaimed "I wouldn't dare to do such thing. You'll end up doing stupid things in front of the camera."

 

"I know. That's the idea" and Suho gave the cocky bastard one of his blinding smiles, sending him the message of 'I'm not afraid of you'. The truth is, he lied about talking to Mir -he didn't even know the guy-. He tended to lie when he was nervous but thankfully, the other executives started thinking about his idea and one of them dismissed them, telling all of them the date of their next meeting.

 

When all the others left the room, Hyunkyun and Sunghwan rushed from their seats and went in different directions. Sunghwan kneeled under the table and took a huge phone book he found at the receptionist desk and stood up in front of Kris. Without saying anything and with his face still laying down, Wufan rose from the chair and punched the phone book with all his might growling while doing so.  He punched in two, three more times but the Exo-K manager didn't even flinch, he was used to it. Hyunkyun approached the duo and offered a glass of water and two pills to the taller one who swallowed them and without saying anything, he left the room.

 

"Please make sure he goes to the practice room, Joonmyun" Sunghwan said his real name this time, knowing really well it wasn't time for jokes.

 

"Yes".

 

-----------------------

 

 

"I don't think this is a good idea"

 

"Come on! It's easy! It's not like you're going to do it for the first time!"

 

"...I feel like an idiot"

 

"Hey! If I was gay, I would totally hit on you, unicorn"

 

"What the hell, Jongin?" Luhan stopped putting eyeliner on Yixing's eyes to look at the younger. The three of them were currently hiding in one of the bathrooms, trying to put in motion Kai's first plan. Dance ily in front of Kris.

Zhang Yixing recognized it wasn't that hard, he just had to dance like he always does, right?

 

His naivety was endearing, really.

 

Luhan dragged him to the bathroom, saying he couldn't look like he hadn't showered in years ('But we were dancing! I need to dance in front of him, how do you expect me to look?!') And literally pushed him under the cold shower with clothes and everything.

Then, Jongin arrived out of nowhere with dry clothes ("Look Xing-hyung, I brought this boxers -they'll look good on you- this wifebeater and this white pants"  "But the boxers are black! With those pants, everyone will see them through!"   "I know, right?!") and one of f(x) Krystal's eyeliner and started undressing his hyung.

 

Zhang Yixing hadn't felt gayer until Luhan and Jongin undressed him in the company's bathroom.

 

"You're ready!" Luhan finally said after his fifth attempt at putting him eyeliner (Hey! He's not Baekhyun, of course he would messed up the first... four times) "Now go to that practice room and dance like you mean it!"

 

"And don't forget to make the y face, ok?" Jongin said, all happy and putting his hands on top of Lay's shoulders "Remember: I am Zhang Yixing and I-"

 

"-and I will do my best to try and make Wufan gay" Yixing finished, unamused face and everything.

 

"aaaand?" Jongin smiled.

 

"... and that's it" Yixing averted his eyes, looking at everything but his dongseng's eyes.

 

"You have to sayy iiiit!"

 

"...No" Yixing blushed, confusing Luhan who wasn't aware of what was going on "What are you guys talking about?" the baby-faced hyung asked, making Jongin smirk and reply.

 

"Ah, nothing weird; Just that Yixing-hyung forgot to mention he'll try his best to get into Fan's pants"

 

"...Oh" Luhan replied, blushing like Yixing and wondering why he hadn't thought about that before. 'It's true, being gay means Yixing's going to have... with other guy at some point' Luhan thought, blushing even more.

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"...Are you having dirty thoughts, Luhan?"

 

"N-No!"

 

Jongin laughed, enjoying how his hyungs were embarrassed, acting like awkward teenagers. Yixing was trying really hard to not space out like he usually does and Luhan was this close to break Krystal's eyeliner with his nervous hands.

 

They stopped what they were doing when the door of the bathroom busted open and a worried Chanyeol stared at them.

 

"Guys! I need to...  What are you doing?"

 

The three of them glanced at themselves, realizing how Yixing was pushed against the mirror by Kai who was gripping his shoulders and Luhan was holding a broken eyeliner in one hand and a black notebook at the other. There were Yixing's wet clothes on the floor and the owner was dressed quite weirdly.

 

"Uh..."

 

"Are you playing? Can I join?" The happy virus smiled, forgetting why he was there in the first place.

 

"Why were you looking for us, Yeol?" Lay asked, pushing Jongin gently and stepping in front of Luhan so the older could hide the death note notebook.

 

"Oh, right! Joonmyun-hyung and Krease came back front the meeting and..."

 

Chanyeol didn't need to say more, they all got what that meant. Forgetting their plan, Yixing ran all the way to the meeting room, knowing full well he was needed. As soon as he arrived, he saw how Kris was just standing at the back of the practice room, looking at the wall and ignoring the rest of the worried members.

Not knowing what he was doing, Yixing just got close to him until he was in front of Wufan and leaning against the wall his gege was looking at. "Hi".

 

Kris didn't answer. At all. But Yixing just stood there, waiting.

 

At first, the rest of the members waited for some kind of reaction but as time passed by, Minseok suggested to leave the room and go to the cafeteria to grab some lunch.

Reluctantly, everyone agreed knowing full well they couldn't calm their hyung like Yixing could and left them alone.

 

When they were leaving, Baekhyun noticed how everyone was silent and being the carefree guy he is, he decide to laugh it off. "Hey! Wufan's going to be okay. He's not a leader for nothing, right?"

 

"Yeah." Chanyeol agreed with his best friend, smiling a little "When we come back, I bet he's going to be sleeping or using Xing-hyung as a pillow and knowing how caring he is, Xing-hyung's going to let him"

 

"I know!" Baekhyun laughed, both of them knowing full well how they were easing the tension. Smiling, the rest of the members relaxed and started joking and wondering what they were going to eat.

 

Except Suho.

 

Glancing back at him, Jongdae noticed how his hyung was being left behind and trying to be playful and making him forget, Chen smirked and went to him "Myunmyun! What do you want to eat? I'll make the chefs cook whatever you want!"

 

"I'm not in the mood Jongdae."

 

"Come on Myunmyun! Don't be grumpy!" he said hugging his friend by his side with a huge smile "What if they have something you like? I promise you I'll share!"

 

"Jongdae"

 

"Come on, smile!" Chen lowered his arm and took Suho's left hand, trying to pull him to the cafeteria but stopping abruptly when he heard the older hiss in pain. "Joonmyun?" worried, he looked down at Suho's hand and noticed how it was all purple and swollen "Joonmyun, what happened?"

 

"It's nothing. I was going to go to the doctor's office before going to the cafeteria anyway" Suho smiled, trying to have his hand back but failing.

 

"Ok." His dongseng answered easily, making Suho sighed in relief before he noticed how Chen didn't drop his hand and took him gently in the opposite direction.

 

"What are you doing?" He asked confused.

 

"I'll take you to there. At this hour, Dae-noona isn't in her office and you need someone to treat and bandage your wounds, right?"

 

"Right"

 

That was the first time Kim Joonmyun felt someone else taking care of him instead of the other way around.

 

When they arrived at the SMent doctor's office, Chen was right because the doctor wasn't there. It was obvious because it was lunch time for everyone. Feeling at home (Because Kim Joonmyun was accident prone just like Lee Jinki), Suho opened one of the cabinets and took what he needed before taking a seat beside the younger one.

 

"Wow, you really live here" Jongdae joked, taking the ointment from Suho's hands and opening it.

 

"It's just not for me, you know how easily Zitao, Yixing and Jongin get hurt. I need to be ready when they need it" glancing back at his dongseng, Suho saw how the other one just smiled and took a bit of ointment on his fingers placing them on Joonmyun's wounded hand and drawing circles slowly.

 

"Yeah but you're not the only one who gets them medicine. Sometimes the managers do it, or Wufan-hyung or they do it themselves." Jongdae replied, writing 'Myunmyun' on Suho's hand with the medicine. Joonmyun noticed that and he rolled his eyes, smiling a little bit.

 

"Do you realize Fan just knows where it is because Hyunkyun-hyung draw him a map?" Chen snorted at this, truly believing his own leader would need something like that. Then, he took the gauze and proceeded to put it gently around Suho's hand. "Thanks Jongdae" Joonmyun said after a while, clenching his hand slowly to see if he could move it.

 

"You're welcome Myunmyun!" Out of nowhere, Chen just hugged the hell out off Suho, careful not to touch his hand but annoying him to no end.

 

"Jongdae! Stop it!"

 

"No! I love you Myunmyun!"

 

"What the- Are you talking with aegyo?!"

 

"Neh~"

 

"Ugh! You're not Zitao or Sehun, it doesn't suit you! Leave me alone!"

 

Jongdae just laughed evilly, enjoying the moment and glad to take Suho's mind out of his duties.

 

----------------------------

 

Sighing in relief Wufan kept his eyes closed, trying to forget the anger he felt when the stupid executives decided to badmouth about his brothers; his family. He knew the idiots weren't really important -They just saw them as a meaning to get more money- but he couldn't help it. Wufan isn't patient like Joonmyun. Why was he leader?

 

Oh yeah, because the guy who was suppose to be leader in the first place decided to resign the offer.

 

"Are you feeling better, Fan?" said could-be-leader asked from above, glancing down at the guy resting his head on his lap. Chanyeol was right after all; Wufan did use Yixing as his personal pillow.

 

The personal pillow doesn't mind at all.

 

"I guess" Still with closed eyes, Wufan could feel how Yixing traced his eyebrows with one of his fingers, relaxing him and making him smile softly. "Xing, do you have some with my eyebrows?" he asked out of the blue, smirking lightly when he felt the younger one hit his forehead.

 

"Idiot" Yixing was glad Wufan's eyes were closed, that way he couldn't see the blush on his face. "I already told you, they're funny"

 

"No, you said they are amazing"

 

"...Same difference. Now shut up and focus on being peaceful"

 

"I am peaceful!" And he was. Yixing is the only one who can make him relax in such short time. It was his super power "You know. Sment should give you the relaxation power or something. It suits you"

 

"Well, a healthy body requires a healthy mind, isn't it? I'm helping you here not to become a crazy dragon"

 

"Thanks doctor Yixing" Wufan laughed, opening his eyes and glancing up at his dongseng.

 

"You're welcome Mr. Grumpy" Yixing said, using his fingers to move Kris' eyebrows making him look angry (or angrier in Wufan's case) and smiling softly at the sight.

 

They just glanced at each other while smiling like idiots and without saying anything.

 

"Xing... Are you wearing eyeliner?"

 

"... Ha ha ha ha" We've missed you Awkward-Yixing! "It was Luhan's idea" he laughed awkwardly, looking anywhere but the other guy and remembering again he looked really weird at the moment.

 

"Why?" Kris curiously asked, stretching his index finger and touching one of Yixing's eyelids, careful not to hurt his eye.

 

"I don't know. He practiced on me. He did it right on his fifth try" Yixing shrugged, smiling at the memory of his best friend and feeling good with himself because he wasn't lying, technically.

 

"You do know you look like a raccoon right now, right?"

 

"What?" widening his eyes, Yixing glanced at his right, looking his reflection at one of the mirror walls in the practice room and seeing how the eyeliner was smudged all over his eyes. 'Damn it...' he thought, feeling embarrassed about his appearance for the first time. It was Kris' fault.

 

"It's your fault" He said without thinking.

 

"My fault? Why?" Kris asked surprised, lifting himself from the ground and sitting cross legged in front of the other.

 

"Because I had to hug you to stop you from hurting yourself when you started shouting profanities in English" Yixing smirked, seeing how Wufan blushed at his lame behavior "I guess that's where Luhan's job got ruined"

 

"Sorry" Wufan smiled apologetically "Here, let me help you clean your face" He stood up from his spot and went to get his backpack from the corner.

 

"...You're such a girl" Yixing laughed and avoided getting punched when he saw Kris sitting again in front of him and taking out makeup remover wipes from his backpack "Do you always carry those?"

 

"You should too" Wufan replied, taking one from the envelope and proceeding to clean Lay's eyes "Close your eyes. Yeah, that's okay" he said, holding Yixing's chin and looking up close the shaded parts "The other day I read the fans like my skin -for some odd reason- so why not to try and take care of it?"

 

"Liar!" Lay whispered mockingly, feeling Kris' breath caressing his face. 'He's so close...' "I've known you for years! You have more skin products than Baekhyun and his odd flashlights collection!"

 

"You have no proofs!" Wufan exclaimed like a villain, making Yixing laugh at his attempt of being Wufan and not his leader. "I need to look good. I look good! And you can't deny that!"

 

'I would never do that...'

 

"Plus, don't think that I don't know about your secret Wonder Girls collection!" this made him open his eyes fully, surprised to hear one of his deepest secrets coming from another person's mouth. 'Not even Luhan knows that!'

 

"It's, it's... it was my old collection, I swear!" Yixing panicked, looking utterly surprised and making Wufan enjoy his almost nonexistent facial expression.

 

"Old? Really? What about the 'Like this' autographed album I found there too?"

 

"Wufaaaaaaaaan!" Yixing whined like a kid, making the older laugh even more "Stop rummaging through my possessions!"

 

"Why? It's my duty as a leader to...eh... make sure you don't hide drugs and "

 

"...You're spending too much time with Chanyeol"

 

"Yeah, I know" Wufan smiled "So, when are you going to show us the choreography?"

 

"Choreography?" Yixing asked confused, tilting his head to the side.

 

"I bet you already know the 'Like this' choreography"

 

..."Wufaaaan! No! I'm not gon-" Yixing stopped talking at once. Choreography... that was familiar... dancing... he needed to dan... oh. He remembered. "Well yes, I know the choreography"

 

"Really?" Kris asked surprised, not expecting his dongseng to confess that. He was only messing with him.

 

"Yeah. Wanna see it?" 'What the hell am I doing?! Someone stop me, please! Luhan! Jongin!'

 

Yixing dancing a Wonder Girls song in front of him? Wufan felt speechless for some reason. Of course he had seen the video of Yixing dancing ‘Nobody’ when he was a cute teenager but since he became a trainee, Yixing decided to be more professional and not dance girly choreography ever again.

 

"Okay" Wufan replied, feeling the curiosity eating him.

 

"...Okay" Glancing at each other one last time, Lay stood up and went to the music machine they had at the practice room, connecting his cellphone and choosing the song. 'Just dance ily like Jongin said. Just dance ily like... I'm pretty sure Jongin didn't mean this kind of music! I'm going to make a fool of myself!'

 

~Everybodyyyy, are you ready to party?~

 

When the music started, Yixing positioned himself in front of Wufan -back facing the mirror because he didn't want to watch himself- and sighing, he decided to ignore his shame and dance like he meant it.

 

~Like this yoooo, like this! Wi araero heundeureo Like this!~

 

Wufan just stared without blinking, looking how -without realizing it- Yixing used his 'serious face' he uses everytime he dances and how he performed every step to perfection, doing every girly move but still looking manly thanks to his facial expression and the clothes he was using, and just now Wufan realized he was wearing.

When it was Yoobin's rap part, Wufan noticed how Yixing was lip-singing the lyrics in silence, like reminding himself what was next and Kris had to smile at his cute action.

 

"This is definitely going to my weibo" both of them heard, surprising them greatly when they noticed the rest of the members at the front door, Zitao videotaping Yixing's dance with his cellphone.

Literally freezing in his movements, Yixing stared at the others, looking how Chanyeol and Baekhyun were already dancing their own moves with huge smiles and how Jongin and Luhan stared back at him, expressions clearly saying 'This wasn't what we thought when we told you to dance for Kris!'

 

Yixing just realized what he had done and he just smiled sheepishly at everyone, hearing how all of them erupted with laughter and he didn't dare to look back at Wufan that day.

 

------------------------------

 

Good morning! :D
It's 4:30am for me but I updated! xD Well it's not my college's fault this time; I sprained my ankle on friday and I can't walk right now. I'm fine! but it's really troublesome -.-u and because I couldn't do anything productive today, I'm not sleepy and decided to write another chapter! :D
On your comments you said you liked my past cheesy chapter (Wow ._. thanks!) so I decided to write this one as well. It's short and I didn't write much about the other members/pairings but I hope you like it.

At the story I mentioned Yixing danced Wonder Girls' Nobody when he was young, and I bet you all already saw that video but in case you don't, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUitUs0fZLc&feature=player_detailpage#t=39s
And for those who don't know Wonder Girls' Like this choreography, you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E38Cdod47Zc
I had fun trying to imagine Yixing dancing that but keeping his y face xD And if you see him closely on the Nobody choreography, he's lip-singing the lyrics of the song and I thought it was really cute.

Hope you liked it! And good night/morning/whatever, I'm going to sleep u.u

P.D: And happy belated birthday Yixing!!! Now you're the same age as Kris!! <3