Step 2: Testing the probability

"How To Catch A Dragon" for Dummies.

 

-Step 2-

 

 

Exactly at eight in the morning — Wufan made sure of that — EXO-M arrived at the airport, waiting beside their staff and occasionally waving at fans. Their manager told them to keep their passport at hand to make the process quick and to just sit at the gate to wait for their plane. Unlike EXO-K's manager, Im Hyunkyun didn't need to really worry about his kids — as he calls them when they're not hearing — so, he just sat beside a sleeping Minseok and started reading quietly.

 

Well, not so quietly after Luhan sat beside him and smiled.

Cutely.

 

"Just wait three more days, Luhan. I'm not taking you to Korea any sooner." Hyunkyun sighed, keeping his eyes at his book and praying to be left alone.

 

"I wasn't going to ask you that!" Luhan pouted, much to the horror of the older. "I just... Remember when you got drunk with SHINee's manager and I had to take you home? And you said you owned me?"

 

'I knew it!' screamed his mind, already knowing that nothing good could come from Luhan when he's acting cute. Sighing tiredly, Hyunkyun lowered his book and finally looked Luhan in the eyes. "What do you want?"

 

"Can I make the seating and bedroom arrangements?"

 

Alright, that was new. Luhan usually asked for more impossible things, even going to the lengths of blackmailing him, just to get what he wants — which usually includes going to Korea sooner or buying him Disney merchandise. Why would he want to decide who can sit besides whom?

 

"That depends. Why?" he asked suspiciously.

 

"I just want to talk with my members. Don't you trust me?"

 

'No!' screamed his mind. Rubbing his eyes and knowing he didn't have a choice — you never have a choice against Luhan unless you're Sehun or Minseok— Hyunkyun nodded slowly before saying, "Alright. Just make sure to choose wisely. And don't put Jongdae and Zitao together, please."

 

"Thank you, ge!" Luhan smiled widely. "Don't worry, this won't make you stressed or anything. I promise!" And with that, Luhan stood up from his seat, looking for another victim.

 

'I highly doubt that...' Hyunkyun thought, opening his book and enjoying the silence once more.

 

That is until a certain panda came out of nowhere to start annoying the sleeping baozi.

 

 

An hour later, the guys entered the plane, sitting in pairs and looking worriedly at a certain dragon. Why? Because his arm was getting crushed by Luhan's hands.

 

"Han, the plane's still on the ground. Did you take your medicine?"

 

"Ye-yeah. Just close the window!" Luhan answered, feeling the best friend in the world for what he was doing. He was used to travel with Yixing and his best friend already knows what to do with Luhan's fear of heights. But Wufan does not.

 

The leader did as he was told and looked worriedly at the older. He didn't know what to do. Why they were sitting together again? He doesn't like feeling helpless.

 

"Ju-just, hold my hand, sing to me, and don't... don't make me open my eyes, OK? Yixing always does that for me," Luhan whispered, still feeling afraid but already working on his plan to test Yixing's chances of making Wufan fall in love with him.

 

"Then why you didn't tell Hyunkyun-ge to let you sit with Xing? I can change seats with him if you want."

 

"No, I'll be fine," Luhan said, already with his vomit bag in hand, after hearing the stewardess' instructions and feeling a bit better now that Wufan was worried about him.

 

It's amazing how looks can deceive you. The caring guy and the evil guy sitting together.

 

Four rows of seats to the left behind them, there was a heated argument between two guys fighting for another one.

 

"Please Xingxing-ge! Give me Joonmyun-hyung!"

 

"No."

 

"B-but, he's so easy to annoy!"

 

"I don't care. I made an agreement with him and I can't just break my promise. And you have Minseok-ge."

 

"He means nothing to me!" Jongdae sighed dramatically, earning a slap in the head from the guy sitting behind him and a laugh from the panda sitting behind Yixing.

 

"Good. You were never good enough for me." Minseok smirked. "Now that I'm free, I'm gonna steal Zitao from Wufan's paws"

 

"That means you're going to let me spread double-meaning comments about you all the time? Gege never let me do that." Zitao smiled, enjoying Minseok's expression.

 

"...I'll buy you cake"

 

"Deal." Tao smiled happily.

 

"If only love was that easy..." Yixing said out of nowhere, looking bothered for some reason and surprising the other three.

 

"That's why you don't let me have Joonmyun-hyung!" Jongdae exclaimed loudly, trying to annoy Yixing. "You love him!"

 

"Well, would that be wrong for you?" asked Yixing, surprising s even more.

 

Yixing didn't know what he was doing. He only knows he needs to realize what the others would think of him being gay. He already figured Luhan hadn't change the way he looks at Yixing and for that he was grateful, but he had other ten important brothers' opinion he needed to know.

 

"...what?" Jongdae exclaimed, feeling not-so-troll anymore. Was that why Yixing and Joonmyun were talking more these days? It was true? Looking into Yixing's eyes, Jongdae saw his own scared reflection. Why was he so scared?

 

"But you're wrong," Yixing continued, feeling a little bit sad hearing Jongdae's response and seeing Minseok's expression. He couldn't see Zitao's face from his seat.

 

"I'm not in love with Joonmyun. It's someone else." Before one of them could say anything, Yixing exclaimed, "I'm in love with you Jongdae. Please marry me and let Minseok take care of our children."

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"...Yah!" Jongdae hit him in the arm, laughing at Yixing's strange joke and admiting he got him for a second. "What kind of father are you!? If we let our children in Minseok's care, they're going to get fat!"

 

"As if I would take care of your children! They would probably start destroying my furniture!" Minseok laughed too, pretending to be offended and started hitting Jongdae, both of them playing with each other and forgetting Yixing.

 

Wanting to feel peaceful, Yixing simply turned his head to his right side, looking across the aisle at the blonde head four rows in front of him. What if Luhan was right and he was in love with Wufan? He doesn't know what he would do. He still could feel the pain remembering his last girlfriend — and that was two years ago. He knows when he falls in love, he falls hard. What he would do if the same happens with Wufan?

 

He couldn’t have hope.

 

Tao just sat quietly, watching Yixing with curiosity.

 

-----------------------

 

"Do you have a seven?"

 

"Go fish, you disgusting guy."

 

"I just threw up once!" Luhan defended himself. "It's your fault you couldn't take care of me."

 

Feeling alarmed, Wufan raised his head and looked at Luhan, but the later was smiling softly, telling him without words that he was kidding. More at ease, Wufan picked another card and smirked. "It's not my fault. You could have let me change seats with Yixing, and you woud have been fine"

 

'Thanks Wufan! Now I don't need to be the first talking about our unicorn!' Luhan thought happily. "Do you have eights? And what did you expect? Yixing is awesome. He always takes care of me."

 

" you." Wufan sighed and passed two cards across the food table.

 

"I know. Yixing's great. Do you have any queens?"

 

"Go fish." Luhan laughed when the younger made a face and took another card. "That's why he's my best friend. Speaking of bestfriends, how's Amber?"

 

"She's alright. That idiot sent me a dragon plushie two days ago saying it was my son. The dragon had stitched eyebrows."

 

Luhan had to find another vomit bag just to make sure he wouldn't puke from the laughter.

 

"And what did you do with it?" Luhan asked after a couple of seconds of laughing at his dongseng, still smiling widely even when he noticed he was losing.

 

"Yixing took it hostage." Wufan shrugged. "He said it was fluffy and he wanted it. So I gave it to him. He named him Rupert."

 

Luhan opened his eyes widely, not even knowing Rupert existed at all — he hadn't seen it in his room or in Yixing's possesion — and somewhat he felt a speck of hope growing on his chest.

 

"So it's yours and Yixing's son now?"

 

Wufan just shrugged again. "I guess. And I won, you owe me a dinner".

 

"Damn it," Luhan replied, still feeling happy.

 

Two hours later, the staff and EXO-M waited for all the other passengers to step down the airplane. Hyunkyun started making calls to the security airport making sure his 'kids' could come out, and one of the cordi-noonas started distributing cleansing products while another staff guy helped the guys with their hair. This was starting to feel normal for the rookie idols, so they didn't complain much. Especially Kris, who was too busy looking himself at a mirror to notice certain guy approaching him.

 

Upon seeing Wufan making y faces at his reflection, Yixing couldn't help but laugh softly. "What are you doing?" he asked with a smile, making fun of Kris.

 

"Shut up. You know how they're going to start taking us photos as soon as we step out of this plane." Wufan glanced slightly at the younger, still arranging his hair. "You should do the same Xing."

 

"Why? Do I look bad?" was the innocent question.

 

Does he think Yixing looks bad? He never thought about that before.

 

Feeling unsure about his answer, Wufan glanced at him again, taking notice of Yixing's disheveled hair, his wrinkled plaid shirt, his sleepy eyes and a lazy smile.

 

But he couldn't find anything wrong.

 

"Yixing! What were you doing?" exclaimed one of the cordi-noonas, looking at the guy's state and trying to fix his hair. "Were you sleeping on the floor or what?"

 

"I feel asleep on Jongdae. Sorry, noona" With a smile like that, the older woman could just shake her head and start fixing Yixing's hair while other staff member brought a clean shirt. "How much time do we have?" he asked but he didn't pay attention to the answer, feeling his cellphone vibrate. He got a message, just now?

 

Lulu:
-Just an advice. Make Wu Fan help you change your shirt. Don't ask why. Just do it! Love you

 

Reading the message, Yixing's head rose immediately, finding Luhan across the aisle being pampered by another staff member and giving him thumbs up with a childish smile.

 

Without thinking, Yixing glanced at Wufan, still being by his side and looking himself at the mirror and for some reason, Yixing got nervous.

 

"Eh... Fan? Are you..., can you help me?" He asked, not looking at him directly because his noona was still fixing his hair and face. 'Wufan's going to help me, right?' but he couldn't think anymore because he heard a deep voice behind, answering him. "What do you need?"

 

"I... I need to change my shirt, but I can't do it right now" He felt stupid asking for something like that, but he trusted Luhan enough to make a fool of himself in the middle of an airplane full of co-workers. "Would you help me?" pointing with his finger at the clean shirt another staff member had left there.

 

"Sure."

 

And awkward-Yixing showed up.

Because Wufan backhugged him and started ing his shirt. Slowly, because he didn't want to move Yixing and mess his noona's work.

But Yixing couldn't breathe.

 

'I'm a genius!' Lu Han thought happily, seeing everything from a distance and just praying for Yixing to not mess up. Yixing on the other hand started feeling lightheaded, and got the strongest feeling to lean on Kris' chest.

 

"Xing-ah, don't move!" the noona said motherly, waking Yixing from his strange/aroused moment and making him blush. "You're so cute, Xing! Now, close your eyes while I apply foundation, ok? Thanks."

 

Closing his eyes, Yixing could feel even more Wufan's touches. How Wufan's hands started dropping his shirt, leaving him in a white wifebeater, touching his arms and saying so so close to his right ear "Be glad the staff had another shirt for you, you forgot to bring a change of clothes for the airport, don't you?" and out of nowhere, he took his arms, passing them across the sleeves.

 

And awkward-Yixing started laughing. Hard.

 

"Yixing! Are you ok?" the cordi-noona asked surprised, noticing how the boy dropped to the floor and started laughing nonstop. "What's going on, Wufan?"

 

"I don't—"

 

"Let me handle it noona" Luhan smiled, kneeling in front of Yixing and dragging him to the exit. "He's just a special child. That's it. Thanks for taking care of him noona!" and they exited the plane, leaving behind them a lot of confused faces.

 

"What did you do to Xingxing-ge?" asked Zitao, standing beside his duizhang and surprising him.

 

"Why do you think I did something?"

 

Tao just shrugged.

 

---------------------------------

Hai! :D

It's almost 3am but I couldn't sleep knowing I didn't update today :D

Thanks for all of your comments! ^^ I'll answer everyone of them tomorrow, I promi... not, too risky xD But I'm going to answer you someday. Just kidding.

And a special thanks to all of you who made me realize I typed Jongin's name incorrectly, lol I didn't even realized it until you told me. Thanks! :D

Warnings on this chapter? I guess not. If you have questions, let me know. I'm going to explain a couple of things later (like Yixing's last girlfriend -it's not that important, don't worry xD-, Sulay's new relationship, and why they can't leave Chen and Tao together, etc) but maybe I wrote something that makes sense to me but not to you... whatever.

Hope you like this chapter! :D