Step 11: Making him unknowingly jealous is always good.

"How To Catch A Dragon" for Dummies.

 

 

-Step 11-

 

"Chanyeol-sshi, wake up" Kibum said, kneeling beside his dongseng's bed and smiling entertained at how the huge teenager was sleeping.

 

Chanyeol was breathing really heavily, like he wanted to snore but not heavy enough. His hair looked like a phoenix's bird's nest and his huge limbs were all over the bed, sleeping with his face buried in the pillow. When Kibum tried to wake him up once again, the rapper just made a really weird sound but kept sleeping.

 

"Be louder, hyung" Yixing smiled, clearly entertained and already knowing what's going to happen once Chanyeol realized who was waking him up.

 

"Chanyeol-sshi? Breakfast's ready" Kibum said, making the Exo members laugh and Chanyeol starting to wake up.

 

"Coming Umma" Chanyeol whispered, clearly thinking he was in his own home.

 

"Kyungsoo's not here!" Baekhyun joked, clearly enjoying how his best friend was embarrassing himself in national television and making the others laugh once more.

 

Hearing Baekhyun's voice made the trick and Chanyeol turned his head, opening his eyes and looking directly at Kibum.

 

All of them got quiet and watched how Chanyeol's eyes grow bigger, seeing how a Super Junior member was just sitting comfortably at the side of his bed and watching him drool on his pillow. When the rapper realized what the hell was going on (seeing how s and a lot of people with cameras were at his bedroom too), Chanyeol blushed madly, made another weird sound, covered his huge body with his blankets and mumbled a "Hi, Kibum-hyung" making the others laugh at his really cute action.

 

"Good morning Chanyeol-sshi" Kibum smiled, clearly enjoying the moment "You know? It's your turn to wake the other members. Why don't you stand up and let us see you?" He asked, taking one end of the blankets and trying to take them off. When Kris realized Chanyeol wasn't letting it go anytime soon, he smirked and in one swift motion, he took the covers off of his dongseng, making Chanyeol squirm and cover his face with his pillow.

 

"How y, Yeol!" Chen laughed at the same time one of the camera guys zoomed on Chanyeol's clothes. The guy was using a really short pair of orange pants and one Super Junior Super Show t-shirt.

 

"Hey, that's mine!" Baekhyun exclaimed out of nowhere, pointing at the orange pants and making Chanyeol stop hiding his huge self under his tiny pillow.

 

"That's not true! You gave them to me when you said they were too large for you!"

 

"That was a long time ago, Yeol!"

 

"Well, is not like you got taller Baekhyunie" Chanyeol smiled, making the others roll their eyes at their useless fight. The staff members were smiling at them, really enjoying how the teenagers were and trying to capture everything on camera.

 

"I don't know, I really prefer your t-shirt Chanyeol-sshi" Kibum smiled, making the taller turn to look at him again.

 

"Ehm...eh... thanks" Chanyeol blushed, trying to control his tic and hoping to act his cool self in front of his sunbae. It didn't work of course. Why? Because out of nowhere, Chanyeol's voice turned in an unbelievable high pitch and exclaimed "I'm just so excited you're here Hyung!" making the others surprised at how fitting that high-pitched voice was to his cute face. "You're going to be our MC? That's great! I mean, you can be with us all the time! Isn't that awesome?! We can make you breakfast! Well, not me of course, I don't want you to get poisoned but Kyungsoo can make you breakfast! Do you want to? Do you want to have breakfast with us?! maybe dinner too? And you can sign my t-shirt while you're at it!"

 

When he finished talking with a huge smile on his face and a marker on his hand, Kibum just stayed there really quiet and surprised at how a fanboy Chanyeol was.

 

"Ehm...sure"

 

"Yeah!" Chanyeol said still with his high-pitched voice, hugging a surprised Kibum out of nowhere and making the other members try to catch their breath from laughing too much.

 

 

Maybe it was the laughter and the noise from the other room or maybe it was something else but after their short nap, Kyungsoo and Jongin woke up at the same time.

 

Seeing how close and how tangled he was with his dongseng, made Kyungsoo so embarrassed because he remembered how all of it was his fault. He was hugging Kai really tight but he didn't dare to move at all. Maybe it was because it could mean they needed to speak, but Kyungsoo didn't have an excuse as to why he initiated all the cuddling.

 

When he realized Kyungsoo was just looking at him but not saying anything, Kai took all of his courage and say the really difficult words...

 

"Good morning hyung"

 

"G-good morning Jongin"

 

...

 

...

 

"Sorry!" They said at the same time, really worried as to what the other was thinking.

 

"I'm sorry I used you as my pillow, but I was really sleepy!"

 

"I'm sorry I didn't take you to your bed and let you sleep here on the floor!"

 

If another person could hear them, no one would understand them because they were talking at the same time but strangely enough, they could. Upon hearing what the other was trying to say, both got quiet again and just stared at each other.

 

"What do you thing the others are doing?" Kyungsoo asked, with his head still on top of one of Kai's arms and his own arms wrapped around the dancer's waist.

 

"I guess they're going to wake up Joonmyun-hyung and Sehun" Jongin answered, still with his arms around his tiny hyung's shoulders and with his legs tangled with Kyungsoo's. "I think I just heard Yeollie's voice so I guess he and Baekhyunie are already awake"

 

"Oh. Alright"

 

"Yeah"

 

Both of them knew they needed to release themselves. Both of them knew they needed to go with the others but none wanted to. It was really difficult for them to be close to each other and now that they could, they didn't want to ruin the chance.

 

Plus, they were really comfortable.

 

"I guess I'll need to start making breakfast" Kyungsoo smiled a little, already feeling at ease in their position and glad he was succeeding in being close with his dongseng.

 

"Want some help hyung?"

 

"Sure!" Seeing how his hyung was smiling at him so easily, made Kai feel so wonderful... maybe they can be friends now?

 

But their moment kind of broke when Travie McCoy's Billionaire started playing on Kai's cellphone.

 

"Hey! I love that song!" D.O laughed a little, disentangling himself from Kai and reaching under Jongin's bed to reach for the cellphone. When he reached it, Kyungsoo went back to Kai's side and laid down again, surprising Jongin because he was pretty sure his hyung wasn't going to come back to his side.

 

"Really? Cool!" The dancer beamed, so happy that he forgot to watch his cellphone's screen and just answered without a second thought and still looking at Kyungsoo's eyes. "Hello?"

 

"What's up, dude!" Both of them heard a male voice, making them freeze.

 

It was Moonkyu.

 

"Eh... Hi hyung!" Without taking his eyes off of D.O, Kai wished to heavens to please make this a short call. "Is there something you need?"

 

"Woah! That's how you talk to your hyung after a week without seeing each other?! You're worst than Sehun, really!" Kyungsoo could also hear what Moonkyu was saying because of the closeness he had with Kai and his phone "I called him yesterday night and he sounded so perturbed for some reason that he hung up on me! Can you believe it?!"

 

"R-really? Oh...too bad. Listen, why don't I call you later when-"

 

"Jongin!" Moonkyu whined playfully "I'm bored! You can't possibly be busy  at this hour! What? Is your weird roommate snoring and annoying you?"

 

'Oh crap' Kai thought, widening his eyes and finally taking his eyes away from Kyungsoo's face.

 

"Not at all!" Kai screamed at his phone, not really knowing if he was saying it at Moonkyu or at Kyungsoo, who at this point was standing up from his and Kai's made-up nest and was walking to the door "I'm just... we're filming the variety show right now!"

 

"Then, why did you answer your phone right now?" Moonkyu asked, clearly confused.

 

"I don't know!" Kai stood up and tried to reach for his hyung, taking him by the arm and making him stop "I'll talk to you later, bye!"

 

After hanging up and throwing his phone at his bed, Kai stared at his hyung, feeling how he wanted to say so much and not knowing how to do it. Of course he knows how Kyungsoo and Moonkyu still dislike each other and he understands that but he didn't want Kyungsoo to dislike him too. He may be Moonkyu's friend but he doesn't think like him. He really likes Kyungsoo's company.

 

But how can he make Kyungsoo realize this when he can't even open up his mouth?

 

"I'll go make breakfast" Kyungsoo gave him a little smile when he noticed Jongin wasn't going to say anything "You go with the others, alright?" and before Kai could answer, D.O opened their bedroom door and left him.

 

'Damn it' Jongin sighed, letting his head rest on the doorframe and seeing how at that moment, Baekhyun and Chanyeol's bedroom door opened and the rest of s along with the staff came out and headed to Suho's bedroom.

 

"Kai, wakey wakey!" Luhan smiled at him, treating him like a child and making him smile softly "We're going to wake up Suho and Sehunnie, wanna come?"

 

"Sure" Kai nodded, letting Chanyeol took him by the shoulders and dragging him with them.

 

"Kyung... I mean, D.O is already awake, right?" Chen asked Kai, forgetting for a minute how they couldn't use their real names when they're being filmed. Nodding, Kai pointed at the kitchen and smiled.

 

"He went to the kitchen to start making breakfast"

 

"I'll go too!" Lay spoke, recalling how he owns some pancakes to a certain dragon. When they saw Lay heading to the kitchen, one of the camera guys separated from the other staff-members and started following the Chinese dancer.

 

"I bet fifty thousand wons Lay-ge makes pancakes" Tao smiled, making Luhan surprised. 'He knows?!' Luhan thought, feeling panicked and gripping Kai's arm without realizing it.

 

"I decline" Xiumin whined "He always makes pancakes! That guy really needs to know how to cook something else"

 

Seeing how Tao nodded innocently, Luhan sighed in relief . That meant the members knew Lay always makes pancakes but not 'Why'. When they reached Suho's and Sehun's bedroom, all the members entered except one.

 

 

"What are you doing?" Lay asked, entering the bright and peaceful kitchen and seeing how Kyungsoo was already using his apron and mixing some ingredients.

 

"Good morning Yix- eh, Lay-hyung" Kyungsoo turned around smiling, changing what he was going to say once he noticed how a staff member was filming them from a corner. Being oblivious as always, Yixing didn't notice it. "I'm making rice with shrimps. Do you want anything else?"

 

"I want to make pancakes"

 

"Make chocolate ones! Sehun likes them"

 

"Alright"

 

It clearly wasn't the first time Kyungsoo and Yixing worked side by side in a kitchen because they looked so peaceful and in harmony that once Kris decided to follow the unicorn, he didn't dare break their cooking time and just sat on the kitchen table, watching them work.

 

The camera man stared confused at Kris' action -because all other rookies would had wanted to get as much airtime as possible- but filming him still and then continued filming Yixing and Kyungsoo.

 

Seeing how both of his dongsengs worked together made Kris smile. It was rather cute seeing how they were communicating. Obviously, Yixing's Korean wasn't that good in vocabulary and one could easily mess up trying to ask were the mixer was but they make it work. At the worst case, Yixing would take a napkin and draw what he needed and thanks to his drawing skills -opposite from Kris'- Kyungsoo would understand what he needed.

 

"Do you thing it needs more sauce?" Kyungsoo would ask, taking a spoonful of the soup he's making and signaling his hyung to come closer and taste it. Taking the spoon between his lips and smiling afterwards Yixing shook his head. "No. It's perfect now"

 

Kyungsoo smiled, opening the cupboard and glancing briefly inside "Hey Lay-hyung, look what I found!" Leaving the pancakes mix and wiping his face when he noticed some mixture made its way to his cheek, Yixing glanced at Kyungsoo's side and saw how the younger was holding a box full with cookie molds. "You can use them for your pancakes"

 

Smiling brightly and thanking Kyungsoo, Lay took them and start seeing how different they were. The cookie molds were really cute but really small so Yixing decided to use just the bigger ones.

 

"Wanna help?" Yixing heard behind him, making him jump and throw the molds on the counter. Turning his head, he found Kris' face by his side smirking at him. "Are you still asleep? We're filming! Pay attention" Glancing briefly at the kitchen table, Yixing finally noticed the camera guy and that made him even more nervous. It was really difficult for him trying to look cool on camera being near Kris but he had grow used to on interviews or performances. But in their own home? Yixing isn't that forgetful not to remember how much time he spends with his leader and knowing the variety show was going to film all of those moments, made him feel bad. He doesn't want to share those moments with anyone else. Does that make sense?

 

"Go away!" Kyungsoo laughed, pushing Kris out of his work place and bringing Yixing back from his thoughts "I still remember the last time you wanted to learn how to make kimchi"

 

"How was I suppose to know Koreans don't put honey on it?!" Kris faked a scandalized expression, trying to hide his smile at how flustered the Korean cooker looked and standing really close to Yixing, without realizing it. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and pointed at Kris with a spoon. "Just go help Lay-hyung"

 

"Yes mom"

 

"Yah!"

 

Yixing could only laugh softly at how Kris was acting at the moment and how his beloved giant was using him as his shield against Kyungsoo and his weapon (the deadly spoon). Glancing back at the camera guy, Yixing realized this was going to be the first time for their fangirls to know how the Exo-M leader could be childish too and how the Exo-K main vocalist wasn't cute at all times.

 

He wondered what they are going to see about himself.

 

"Kyungsoo..."

 

"It's D.O, remember Lay-hyung" the Korean stopped trying to hit Kris with his spoon and scolded lightly at the dancer, pointing briefly at the camera guy.

 

"Whatever. D.O, your soup is boiling"

 

Kris burst laughing when they saw how Kyungsoo's eyes got really wide seeing how his beloved soup was on the verge of spilling all over the stove. Not knowing what he was doing but feeling it natural, Kris backhugged Yixing and kept laughing.

 

'Not in front of the camera, not in front of the camera' Yixing prayed, trying really hard to stop his awkwardness. 'Come on, think of something else!' Glancing at both his sides and ignoring how a pair of big hands were caressing his shoulders... 'That feels good... No! Pay attention Yixing!'

 

"Are you okay?" Kris asked once he realized how his dongseng was with his eyes closed really tight and whispering to himself something like 'But it feels so...'

 

"Aren't you suppose to make pancakes?" Kyungsoo asked, seeing how Yixing was in his own world (like always) without moving at all and how Kris was backhugging him and seeing him with a curious expression.

 

"Yes! Pancakes!" Yixing shouted out of nowhere, even making the camera guy jump from his seat. "Let's make pancakes! Come and help me Fan".

 

"I'm Kris"

 

"Yeah, I know"

 

Seeing Yixing's oblivious expression made Wufan smile "No, I mean, don't call me by my real name in front of the camera"

 

"Ok. Come and help me, dragon" Yixing said with his usual serious expression, taking the molds in his hands and placing them on the pan. Kyungsoo just kept laughing at his entertaining hyung. "Which one do you want to use?" Yixing asked Kris, showing him all the different types of molds and making Kris rub his chin.

 

"What if we use a different mold for every member? You have a deer there" Kris took the Christmas deer mold from Yixing's small hand "This can be Luhan" Yixing just smiled at Wufan's idea, looking down at the box and started pointing at them.

 

"Ok, Luhan's the deer. Here's a dog. This could be Kai!" Yixing smiled at Kris, clearly enjoying their little game.

 

"This owl could be D.O" Kris smirked, talking out loud and glancing back at Kyungsoo.

 

"Good idea!" Yixing laughed, ignoring Kyungsoo's glare and taking the mold carefully from Kris' hand to place it with the deer and the dog. "We have a lot of Christmas molds" he said, rummaging inside the box "Here's an elf. This could be-"

 

"Chanyeol!" Kris and Lay exclaimed at the same time, laughing out loud and forgetting how they weren't the only ones in the kitchen.

 

"This is you, then" Glancing at Kris' hands, Yixing's smile vanished and he frowned at him. "Of course not".

 

"Yes you are"

 

"No"

 

"Yes"

 

"No" Seeing Yixing's pout and feeling mischievous, Kris took the mold in his hands and ran to the unsuspected camera guy.

 

"Ladies and Gentleman, I present you Yixing!" Kris said in front of the camera, holding the mold in front of him and smiling lightly when he felt another body jump on top of his back and trying to get the mold. "No! I'm not! This dragon is lying!" Yixing shouted.

 

"I would never!" Kris gasped, laughing a little and feeling how Lay's arms where now surrounding his neck. "You're a bunny and you can't deny it!"

 

"I'm not a bunny! Stop, Fan!" Yixing blushed madly; trying to take the mold from the older's hands. The truth is, when they were trainees they got used to hear what the fans would like to think about them. They knew how the fans used to pair their sunbaes as couples of course, but another thing they noticed was how fans loved to compare them with animals. That's when Kris started telling him he looked like a bunny.

 

"D.O, help!" Kris shouted at the cook, feeling how Yixing's legs were hugging his waist like a koala and was still trying to reach for the mold. It was easy to say, the camera guy was trying really hard not to laugh his off.

 

"What? Can't you win against a bunny?" Kyungsoo smirked, seeing how Kris glared at him and how Yixing shouted a 'I'm not a bunny, damn it!' at him. It was really funny when Lay fights against someone. Usually, Yixing was really lay’d back and peaceful but when someone knows how to make him angry, it was really entertaining. Until now, the only ones who could were the Chinese members; Wufan, Luhan and Zitao.

 

Sadly, their little fight came to a stop when they heard a really loud scream. It wasn't a happy or a staged scream because even the camera guy lowered his camera and looked at Kris in the eyes, trying to ask what was wrong.

 

"Sehunnie?" Kyungsoo asked to no one in particular but no one moved until they saw how both their managers headed quickly from the living room to the hallway. Worried, the three Exo members reacted and rushed to Suho's and Sehun's bedroom. When they arrived, they got really more worried.

 

All the other members were watching their magnae but just Suho was trying to calm him. Luhan was sitting at the edge of Sehun's bed and was watching his beloved magnae with surprised eyes.

 

And Sehun?

 

He was on his pajamas, on top of Suho's bed and trying to stay away from Luhan, not noticing how his leader was trying to calm him down.

 

"Sehun? Relax Sehun, look at me" Suho was trying to tell him, but he was getting really nervous. Sehun had a really scared expression and was looking at his favorite hyung with a look that showed he wanted to be anywhere else but his presence.

 

"Sehunnie? Wha-"

 

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Sehun shouted at him again, making both managers realized something was really wrong. Knowing the staff members were from another company and not SM, Hyunkyun and Sunghwan knew they wouldn't care if they showed Sehun's outburst on their program and that would be really bad for them. Sharing a look between each other, they knew what to do.

 

Sighing loudly, Sunghwan caught everyone's attention (except Sehun who was still seeing Luhan warily and Luhan who couldn't hide his surprised and hurt expression) "Suho please take Sehun outside. Do you guys watched scary movies tomorrow night, don't you?" He looked at Suho's eyes with an angry expression but Suho understood. Nodding, the Exo-K leader took Sehun by his shoulders and when he noticed Sehun wasn't moving, he glanced at Chanyeol.

 

"I'll do it hyung. Sehun really gets scared with scary movies" Chanyeol smiled, already using his 'Happy virus' personality and knowing pretty well what Sunghwan's idea was. "The other day, he cried when we saw the movie IT and he ran away from me the next morning" He laughed, sitting softly beside his magnae "Sehun-ah, come on"

 

Hearing Chanyeol's deep voice, made Sehun stops seeing Luhan's face and glance at his hyung. "Come Sehun-ah, you're not fully awake don't you?" It took him a few moments to finally understand what he had done but when he realized he had screamed at Luhan their first day of their variety show and knowing how all s, their managers and the staff was watching him, Sehun got scared.

 

"I-I'm sorry" He whispered, lowering his eyes and letting Chanyeol take his hand and guide him through all the people in Suho's room. Only when they were near the door, Tao noticed how Sehun clung onto Chanyeol's arm when they got near Kai and Tao seemed to realize what was going on.

 

Knowing how Sehun felt vulnerable, Chanyeol thought wisely they couldn't be in front of any camera so he took Sehun out of their apartment and made him walk all the way to the first floor.

 

"Come here Sehun-ah" The rapper guided him through an adjacent door, opening it and showing how they were inside the janitor's supplies closet. It was small, dusty and a little cold but it was enough "Sit here" He took an old chair and made the younger sit in it. Kneeling in front of him and taking his hands with his own, Chanyeol waited.

 

He could be playful and all smiles on stage but when he needed to take care of Sehun like he always had been, Chanyeol knew how to behave.

 

Trembling a little, Sehun was really scared about what had happened. He wasn't fully awake, he just acted. He was just dreaming about what he and Tao heard the night before, how Jongin and Luhan were...were...

 

Closing his eyes, Sehun tried not to think about it. How could they?! It was wrong! And then, Sehun woke up from his dream and what was the first thing he saw? Luhan smiling down at him really closely.

 

Lowering his head and trying really hard not to cry, Sehun didn't know what to think. He wasn't as innocent as his hyung think he is, of course he knows there's homouals in Korea but it was a shock to know one of his best friends and his favorite hyung are too. Plus, he had just acted like a mental guy in front of the cameras!

 

"Sunghwan-hyung is going to kill me" He whispered for the first time, making it the first thing he said being fully awake.

 

"I don't think so" Chanyeol tried to soothe him, rubbing his hands tenderly "They just looked worried."

 

"I'm sorry hyung" Chanyeol smiled softly, seeing how Sehun gave up trying to act like an older guy and broke up crying like the little brother he really is. "I'm sorry I ruined everything! I'm sorry" Taking him by surprise; Sehun just let himself fall into Chanyeol's arms. "I'm sorry..."

 

Knowing full well now it isn't the time to ask what really happened, Chanyeol just hugged his little brother and let him cry.

 

"Is Sehun-ah alright?" A new voice interrupted them, making Sehun scared until he realized who was at the door.

 

"He'll be alright Tao" Chanyeol smiled at his other dongseng who was leaning on the doorframe, ignoring how the Chinese wasn't really talking to him and was looking at Sehun in the eyes with an unreadable expression. "Why don't you tell the others that-"

 

"Can you let us alone for a moment, hyung?" Zitao interrupted him, still looking at Sehun but saying it to the older. Not knowing what to do, Chanyeol looked down at the boy in his arms.

 

"Sehun-ah?" Trying to calm himself, Sehun sighed and nodded at Chanyeol, letting the older guy go and sitting again in the chair. He was really confused at the moment but he was sure of something; as much as he loves Chanyeol as his hyung, he couldn't talk with him about what was going on. But Zitao knows.

 

"I'll tell the others you two went to buy bubble tea" Chanyeol smiled and let himself out of the room, leaving the maknaes alone.

 

Without saying anything, Tao took another chair and placed it backwards in front of Sehun, sitting in it and letting his arms rest on the backrest. No one said anything, both maknaes with deadly expressions and analyzing each other. Both weren't close. Of course they appreciate each other but they weren't really close.

 

Maybe that is about to change.

 

"What said Jongin yesterday?" Zitao broke the silence, not taking his cat-like eyes off of Sehun.

 

Sehun could lie. He could pretend he didn't knows what he's talking about but right now, Tao was looking at him with a serious expression. Maybe they aren't that close, but both maknaes are really alike. They could be playful and childish with their hyungs but they know when something needs them to be serious.

 

"He said he and Luhan are... are gay" That's it. He finally said it out loud. He suddenly felt like crying again.

 

"What?" Zitao raised an eyebrow, making Sehun realize he doesn't understand the word.

 

"You know... homoual?" Seeing Tao's blank face, Sehun kept trying "Queers? Homos? Puffs?"

 

"..."

 

"Sword fighters? A backside artist? A dancer at the other end of the ballroom? pillow bitter? Bent? Straight as a circle? Play for the other team?"

 

"..."

 

"They each other!" Sehun screamed, blushing and waving his arms in frustration and totally ruining their serious moment. It was just at the end of his scream that Tao's eyes showed understanding.

 

"Oh! I know that word!" He smiled happily at himself before he understood the whole sentence. "...Oh"

 

"Yeah..."

 

Narrowing his eyes, Huang Zitao tried to think in all the weird things he had noticed since they were in China. He knows Luhan's been acting weird since then but thinking about him and Kai just didn't seem right. There was something else he was missing...

 

"Xingxing-ge..." He whispered to himself, catching Sehun's attention.

 

"Yeah, I think Xing-hyung knows" Sehun nodded, remembering how those three were always together. "Do you think he's helping them?"

 

"Maybe..." But Tao wasn't really sure. It was obvious to him that Lay was involved but he doesn't know how. "Wait" He looked at Sehun again. "I don't remember Jongin saying he was ...gay? yeah, gay for Luhan-ge. What were his exact words?"

 

"I can't remember" Sehun shrugged "It was something like, 'I'll make them accept colorful gays' or something like that"

 

"But he didn't say it was them?"

 

"No, but-" Sehun hesitated "Haven't you see them lately?! They're with each other at all times! I could say maybe Yixing-hyung is the gay one but he's not with the others at all times. It's just them. Plus, Jongin said he didn't want Yixing-hyung to hear them, remember? That means they trust him but not with everything. They act like a couple!"

 

"Well, I guess you could notice that better than me" Tao said "You're closer with both of them"

 

"Yeah..." Sehun avoided Tao's eyes, thinking how he didn't feel as close to Luhan and Kai as before. He still doesn't know how he feel about them. Should he treat them like he knows nothing? Should he confront them? Should he act like nothing happened? 'No, I can't' he thought sadly, knowing how he at pretending everything is fine. Many people could say he's good with his poker face but Sehun knows it isn't true. Plus, Jongin and Luhan knows him. They would realize something's wrong. 'And I yell at Han...'

 

"Want me to help you?" Tao's voice made him look up "You messed up, up there!"

 

Another similarity they share. They're both painfully honest.

 

"I guess I'll just say I had a nightmare just like Joonmyun-hyung said."

 

"Other than the KBS dudes, no one's go to belief you." Zitao tried to say with his broken Korean "What are you going to tell Luhan-ge?"

 

"I don't- I don't think I can act like I don't know anything. After all, they're gay"

 

"So?" Zitao asked, surprising the Korean maknae "That's what bothers you?"

 

"It doesn't bother you?" This time, Sehun surprised Tao, making them both look at each other with wonder. "Then why the hell do you want to know?!"

 

"Because it's dangerous!" Zitao exclaimed scared, showing how no matter how mature he is, he's still a child at heart "Do you know what's going to happen if someone else knows?! They could throw them out of Exo! Even if they have Yixing-ge helping them, it's not enough! They need all of us"

 

'Need them?' Sehun thought, thinking for the first time out of his own box of beliefs and family customs. Being gay was wrong, he knows that. But... they're still his friends. His Jongin. His Luhan...

 

Out of nowhere, Sehun's brain made him remember how Luhan likes to kiss him on the lips. Was that... was that brotherly love of something else?

 

"Dude, Why are you all red?" Tao asked, pointing at his face and making Sehun understand he's blushing.

 

"I'm just thinking too much" He closed his eyes, rubbing his neck in frustration and standing up from his chair. "Let's go or the managers are going to get mad at us"

 

When they reached their apartment floor, they could hear how everyone was still in the Exo-K apartment and before they opened the door, both maknaes share a meaningful look. None of them was going to say anything to anyone.

 

As soon as their members spotted them, Sehun realized no one was going to ask him anything, at least not until the people of the variety show leaves.

 

"Come and have breakfast, guys!" Kyungsoo told them happily, making them sit with all the others on the table. They were twelve but their table was big enough for them to fit. After all, Suho made sure to have a really big table just for their 'Saturday family meetings'.

 

Sitting together, Sehun and Tao started talking between each other and some of their hyungs, trying to ignore the cameras and acting like nothing happened. They ate what Kyungsoo made for them until Yixing came with a really big bowl.

 

"I made chocolate pancakes" The Chinese smiled softly, starting with the younger ones. "You have a polar bear, Tao. And this snowman is yours Sehunnie."

 

Smiling at Yixing's choice, Tao glanced at Sehun's snowman and was glad to notice the maknae was really happy with his pancake, already forgetting about everything.

 

"I don't want to be rude Lay-ah but... what the hell is this?" Suho asked at his soon-to-be-friend, eyeing his own pancake.

 

"It's a squirrel" Lay smiled innocently before turning his smile into a teasing smirk "Kris made that one" gaining the attention of everyone and making Jongdae and Chanyeol laugh.

 

"Kris-ge, you can't even use molds correctly?" Chen kept laughing, oblivious to the fact that Kris' face was starting to show. "At least you weren't drawing them!" Slowly and deadly, Wufan extended his arm to Chen who was sitting in front of him and shut him up with his stare. Reaching at his plate, the Exo-M leader took Chen’s pancake and bites it slowly, without taking his eyes off of Chen.

 

"You don't have to worry about yours Chenchen" Kris said, beheading Chen's fox pancake and making it seem like he was beheading Jongdae. "I'll make sure to make you a pretty one next time"

 

Chen gulped, understanding how he was still in big trouble for arriving late.

 

"I have an elf! Woho!" Chanyeol exclaimed happily, eating his own pancake and playing with it "Can I borrow yours, Luhan-hyung?" Without expecting an answer, Chanyeol took Luhan's deer and made his elf ride on it. All the members laughed at his childishness except the deer's owner.

 

He was really aware of how Sehun was avoiding his gaze at the other side of the table and it hurt like hell. He still could hear Sehun's screams inside of his head but he tried really hard to look normal in front of the cameras. Kibum-hyung and their managers were watching him, he could not look affected. But his mind keeps replaying the exact same question inside of his head. 'What did I do at Sehun?'

 

"All right boys, did you finish?" Kibum asked them, showing himself in front of the camera once again. When he noticed how some of the guys were still with their pancakes, he smiled playfully "The last one finishing his breakfast will have a punishment!"

 

Being guys all of them stuffed their mouths with their pancakes and started chewing like mad. Being the big guys or the hungry ones, Kris, Chanyeol, Tao and Xiumin finished first. Sadly, the last one was Baekhyun who couldn't finish his gingerman on time because he was playing with Chanyeol's elf.

 

Laughing at his dongsengs and seeing how Suho started coughing after he swallowed, Kibum took a sheet of paper and showed it. "Well, now the two losers are going to compete. Yeah, two losers" He continued when he saw their confused expressions "Luhan lost too when he got last to reach their living room. Anyway, since you two are chosen, I need you to come here and chose your team."

 

Knowing what was going on, Baekhyun and Luhan stood up from their chairs and went to Kibum's side. The Super Junior member waited until one of the staff members handed him a crystal bowl with papers on it. "All right, we'll start with Luhan. Choose a paper and tell us your first partner." Reaching for the papers, the Chinese guy took one of them and opened it, already knowing it was going to be blank. Obviously, the company had already chose their teams so they just had to pretend this was just a coincidence.

 

"Kris" He smiled at the camera. Kibum made a gesture to Wufan to go and stand next to Luhan so he did.

 

"Chen!" Baekhyun smiled too, high fiving Jongdae when he stood by his side. One by one Luhan and Baekhyun kept taking blank papers out of the bowl and saying their team members until Sehun stood up and took his side on Luhan's team, still avoiding him.

 

"Alright! I'm sure all of your fans are excited to know what's going to be your first mission!" Kibum smiled at them and then at the camera "Listen carefully. As you may know, every year your sunbaes are in charge of special performances on special days, alright? Well, it's your turn. It's going to be Halloween and each team is going to present themselves on Inkigayo!" Kibum smiled, letting the idea sink on their minds. "Your leaders of the first mission, being Luhan-sshi and Baekhyun-sshi are going to choose the performance and the dance and at the end, the fans are going to choose the best one. Any questions?"

 

Seeing how smiley Kibum looked made everyone freeze. Glancing back at their managers behind the cameras and seeing them nod made them realize it was real. They'll going to direct their own performance?!

 

"Eh... We can ask for help?" Suho asked.

 

"No."

 

'Oh, crap...' They all thought.

 

"Can we choose the song?" Baekhyun asked out of nowhere, glancing briefly at Kibum and already thinking of what to do.

 

"Yeah. But you need to be creative. That means you can't use a song your sunbaes had use previously but you need to use a popular song so the fans can enjoy it"

 

"...Team's reunion!" Baekhyun shouted out of the blue, surprising all of them and pushing his team members to his room. "We'll be right back!" Before anyone could say anything, Baekhyun pushed Lay, Chen, Kai, Suho and Tao to his room and closed the door before a camera man or anyone else could enter.

 

The remaining Exo members glanced at each other and cursed lowly, knowing full well they were going to lose. No one, absolutely no one can compete against Baekhyun's creativity.

 

Later that day, six members took their belongings and exchanged bedrooms acording to their new teams. They could fake it just in front of the cameras and pretend they changed rooms but their managers told them to change for real so they don't have a choice. That night Chen and Chanyeol exchanged beds as well as Kyungsoo and Tao.

 

"I'm going to miss you!" Luhan hugged Lay really tightly, acting like a mother leaving his kid in the kindergarden for the first time. "If you need anything, remember Jongin's going to be near by. Don't you dare skip your meals just to keep practicing and avoid at all costs have a with anyone else but me!"

 

"Luhan! Shut up!" Lay whispered with wide eyes, covering his best friend's mouth with his hands and looking outside their bedroom just in case everyone heard his stupid friend. Luhan just laughed freely, hugging him again. "It just feels so weird being apart from you"

 

"I know" Lay lowered his arms and hugged his friend too "But I'll be fine. I'm going to share room with Joonmyun-ah! We can be friends faster! And you-" But Yixing couldn't finish because a dry thud could be heard behind him, making him release his best friend and look behind him. "Hi Sehun-ah!"

 

After hours of ignoring him, Sehun finally glanced at Luhan's eyes.

 

Seeing each other, made Luhan feel grateful but scared. What is going on between them?
 

"Good night Xing-hyung. I let my bed in order and Joonmyun-hyung is waiting for you. If you don't mind, I'm going to sleep now. Good night" Before the Chinese friends could say anything, Sehun let his suitcase on the floor and climbed on Yixing's bed, covering himself with the blankets and turning to the wall, making Luhan and Yixing just watch his back.

Without saying anything about what was going on, Yixing got near Sehun and ruffled his hair. "Sleep well, Sehun-ah. I'll see you tomorrow Han" He glanced at his best friend before taking his own suitcase and opening the door. "Good luck!" He mouthed in silence, closing the door.

Yixing just wished Luhan could fix things with Sehun. After the incident in the morning, the Chinese guitarrist (and all the other members) noticed how Sehun was avoiding Luhan. Not even Chanyeol knows why and Sehun tells him everything.

"Are you leaving now?" A deep voice made Yixing raise his head, looking in front of him and noticing how Kris was at the other side of the dimmed hallway.

"Yeah"

Both of them looked at each other without saying anything. If it was hard for Yixing to separate himself from Luhan, it was even harder to separate himself from Wufan. They've been together for four years, always living together and knowing the other's always near. Now, Yixing can't make him pancakes in the morning; he's not going to have time living in a diferent apartment. Now Kris can't calm himself with Yixing's presence because he's going to be preparing his performance with the other team. Now they can't sleep together on the living room when both can't sleep.

"Come here" Yixing broke the silence, kneeling on the floor and opening his suitcase, looking for something. Curious, Kris kneeled beside him and raised his eyebrows once he noticed what Yixing took out. "Hug him whenever you feel you want to punch someone" Yixing smiled at Kris and handed him Rupert, his red dragon. "I guess you'll going to need it being Chanyeol your new roommate" Yixing laughed a little.

Glancing down at the red stuffed dragon plushie, Kris felt warm all over his chest. What is he suposse to do with the dragon? Hug him to dead everytime he needs Yixing? Suddenly, Wufan realized how much he needed his second in command; his bunny. What was he suposse to do without him at all times for two weeks? At this rate, Kris' going to kill someone before the first week...

"Take care" Yixing hugged him tightly, releasing him quickly before he decided he doesn't want to leave and took his suitcase, heading to the front door. He was the only one who hadn't change room yet and they had to wake up early the next day to practice for their comeback.

 

"Wait!" Kris said to him, still kneeling on the hallway and with Rupert in his hands. "What about you?" He asked, pointing at the red dragon.

 

Understanding but completely oblivious of the second meaning of his words, Yixing just said. "Don't worry! You can hug Rupert. I'll hug Suho! Bye!" and he closed the door before him, leaving Kris alone.

 

'.....What?'


Without noticing, Wufan's big hands squezeed the poor Rupert.



-------------------------------------


Mwahahahahahahahaha, Sulay part begins! XD
Cofcof...I mean.... hi my beloved readers! n__________________n

I'm sorry I took a lot of time to update this chapter! D: But my final exams are here and I really don't have time to write anything T_T oh well, one more week and I'll be free! :D And of course, I'll update almost daily (at least I hope so, I'm lazy in Christmas vacations xD)
Oh well, What do you thing of this chapter? I'm barely awake so I'm pretty sure I made mistakes with my English so I'm sorry. One thing, the English mistakes in Tao's lines are on purpose! Just to 'Show' he speaks 'weird' because he's not that good at Korean, alright? Everything else it's just my mistake, not his xD
I tried to make this chapter a Kaisoo chapter but I couldn't... my Kray feelings were killing me!! Did you all saw their Yahoo introductions!? It was awesome!!! :D <3
What do you think about Sehun's reaction? Even though Tao made it clear he doesn't care if KaiHan are gay, it doesn't mean Sehun thinks the same. That's why he's avoiding Luhan; He doesn't want to hurt him but he doesn't know how to behave with him. At least for me, that's logical because he doesn't forget how Luhan is important to him but he can't stop thinking about his beliefs. At least not like Kai. Kai freaks out sometimes xD but I see him as someone who doesn't care that much like Sehun does.  Now you know what Tao thinks. Personally, I think Tao is really interesting so I'm going to portray him like that :) Chanyeol too xD Did you know that even before debut, Chanyeol is really protective over Sehun? When I read that in various fanaccounts, I fangirled really hard xD I also don't think he's all "Happy virus". I'm not saying he's fake but I think he tries really hard showing he's happy. At least a normal human can't be that happy all the time o_o

On another (random) note, I was watching a video called "Gay men will marry your girlfriends" (It's hilarious, you should watch it! xD) because well... you'll realize later why I was watching that xD (Yeah, I'm weird...) and out of nowhere, the advertisement video that sometimes youtube just throws at us it was the new Samsung Exo-K CF xD I know they probably put it for me because of my "youtube channel preferences(?)" but it was just so hilarious to me that I ended up laughing out loud awkwardly and my mom asked if I was done with my final project (I wasn't but she thought I was doing something productive...).

....Anyway, good night!