That XX

That XX

Jonghun exited the bathroom of his shared room with Hongki and went to his closet searching for proper clothes to wear. Finding one, Jonghun put on the loose white V neck shirt on his body and also blue black jeans for his lower body. Settling with the clothes, his hair still wet, he wrapped his head with a towel and lay his back on the bed, feeling so relieved after a shower. Jonghun lay there for couples of minutes, his eyes shut tight, nose smelling the scent that mingled around the room. Jonghun inhaled the scent in the room, for every breath he takes, his lips move upwards, smiling. He just can’t get enough with the scent that filled in this room. He likes it this way. He likes the smell of the scent in his shared room, or to be exact, he like it when it was filled with Hongki’s scent. Jonghun have always likes when the older boy finished his shower and he was next. He likes it so much because Jonghun knew, that was the peak of Hongki’s scent that he would really like to smell. People can say that he is a weirdo or whatsoever that came first on their mind. But Jonghun have been always loves to sniffing Hongki’s scent. It was a pure pleasure for him because Jonghun knew only a smell that all he can get as he will never have a touch on the older boy.

Noticing the wetness of his pillow due to his wet hair, Jonghun’s eyes fluttered opened and staring wildly to the ceiling above him. With a heavy sigh, Jonghun get up from the bed and lazily drying his hair while sitting near to the window of his room. From his room that located on the ground and near to the lawn, Jonghun’s eyes easily caught the recognised body of Hongki outside, near a tree. Hongki was sitting there on the green grass that was freshly cut this morning. His small white arms wrapping around his legs, his face lazily lay on his knees, his face tells all. Jonghun knew that this will come. Hongki was crying again. His red teary eyes say it all. Jonghun wished he didn’t tell about last night event, but part of him wanting him to make Hongki believes in him. Jonghun really felt like dying seeing Hongki’s face there. Jonghun really wish to wrap his muscle toned arm around Hongki’s fragile body and just let the time heals Hongki’s wound, making sure Hongki forgot everything about Wonbin, the XX.

Walking on the street, I bumped into your man (Yeah I saw him)
I didn’t want to believe it, but my hunch turned out right (I told you)
He’s not wearing that ring you gave him, there’s another girl by his side
But I’ve said enough (I don’t wanna hurt you)

Jonghun’s mind flashed back to last night event. He was finishing his last assignment with other student outside the dorm, somewhere in the nearby city. Riding his motorbike alone with his guitar’s bag sling on his chest, Jonghun carefully rode to a nearby pharmacy as Hongki called him earlier on the phone that he needs some medication for his headache. Worrying about his roommate, Jonghun took long path before returning to his dorm. It wasn’t the behaviour of Jonghun to be nice to people. Jonghun wasn’t the type to help people without benefits and he is sure not the type that willing to do things for others even when the others was sick dying. Jonghun wasn’t that type. But, in this case of Hongki, it was special. Jonghun have been taking care of Hongki like a princess. He has been patient with all Hongki’s whining and childishness. Jonghun have been so nice only to Hongki. Because Jonghun have been in love with Hongki since the first day they were assigned in the same room. It was one can say, love at first sight. Back then, Jonghun was sure that he wasn’t gay but now, who knew?

Finished buying, Jonghun walked out to nearby store to buy bucket of ice cream to cheer up Hongki. Jonghun knew so much about Hongki. Jonghun is sure that having a headache can make Hongki turn into some bad . It isn't that Jonghun doesn't like Hongki's , he have been in love with that round fluffy . But Hongki is sure can passed the headache to Jonghun if he was in bad mood. Jonghun chuckled alone remembering how cute Hongki was when the first time Hongki's childishness appeared. Reaching his motorbike at the parking lot, Jonghun then caught a glimpse of someone that he knew, inside of a car, next to his bike. The red expensive car seems to be too familiar to Jonghun. Looking carefully inside the opened window, Jonghun saw Hongki’s boyfriend...with other boy, hands roaming to the other boy’s body and lips moulded into each other.

Now you’re getting angry with me (Why?)
You say “He’s definitely not that kind of person” (Sure you’re right)
Seeing your eyes, I reply that I probably got it wrong
See, I lied for you (I’m sorry)

I hate that you don’t understand me
I hate all this waiting
Let go of his hand (break it off with him)
When you’re sad, I feel like I’m dying

Reaching his shared room, Jonghun hesitated to put the key into the key hole as he knew inside the room there was Hongki waiting for him. While still battling with the thoughts, the door opened itself from the inside revealing Hongki exactly at the doorway. Noticing the bucket of ice cream on Jonghun’s hand Hongki grabbed the plastic bag and went sat on Jonghun’s bed, a habit of Hongki to just sit and lay anywhere he pleased. Jonghun saw Hongki’s smiled that night and really wished that he can turns back time. But part of him was actually wanting, dying to tell Hongki about Wonbin, that XX. With soft voice, Jonghun let it all go, telling everything to Hongki. Hongki, who was in the middle of scooping another full spoon of chocolate ice cream stopped. His gaze dropped to the floor, staring, maybe registering everything that just came out from Jonghun’s mouth. “He’s definitely not that kind of person” Hongki muttered. His gaze went up locking with Jonghun’s. Hongki’s eyes say it all. Hongki was holding back his tears and Jonghun knew, just staring into that brown eyes, Hongki was actually pleading that it wasn’t true. Jonghun knew he can’t do anything to make Hongki believes in him, so he just lied “I probably got it wrong”.

That XX, what does he have that I don’t
Why can’t I have you
That XX doesn’t love you
How much longer are you going to cry yourself silly?

Why he’s still with him? What does he have that I don’t? Why can’t I have you? Jonghun asked himself the question. He felt anger, jealousy inside him, but he knew nothing that he can do. Each time because of Wonbin, Jonghun will saw that beautiful eyes let down tears and each time because of Wonbin, that beautiful body will weakened inside. Hongki loves Wonbin so much. And by love, Hongki just believes every word that went out from Wonbin’s mouth. Silly Hongki. Can he realise by now how much love Jonghun’s love for him and how fake is Wonbin to him. Can he saw that at least?

When you speak of him, you look so happy (you look happy)
It’s good that you can be this happy (I’m happy)
You say you really love him, want to be with him forever
You trust him completely (I don’t know what to say no more)
Your friends all know that guy (yup they know)
It’s so obvious, why can’t you see (it’s you)
They say love is blind, Oh baby, you’re so blind
Please, I beg you, break it off

With all his courage, Jonghun put down the towel somewhere on his bed and went out from his room. Each step he took feels heavy. Jonghun’s mind kept creating as many as conversation he can try to talk to Hongki later because he knew Hongki really needs someone now. Unaware of his steps, Jonghun already reached to the lawn, so he sat next to Hongki on the grass. Jonghun’s hand was behind him supporting his weight as he leaned closer to the tree’s bark. Hongki noticed Jonghun’s presence but he just still spacing out not even a care to give a glance to Jonghun. Jonghun let a heavy sigh as he was actually try to make sure Hongki noticed him there but Hongki just sat there immobilised. Jonghun had always remembered everyone telling Hongki that Wonbin was seeing someone without Hongki’s knowledge. And that someone was a boy named Minwhan. But what did Hongki do? He just put a smile on his beautiful face that they were mistaken him for someone else. But Jonghun knew he knew. He’s just faking it, faking the happiness. “Hongki, just stop your act now. Leave Wonbin and be with me. I love you, Hongki” The words entangled inside Jonghun’s but never will it be said.

Expensive cars, beautiful clothes, high-class restaurants, they all suit you well
But that XX beside you, he doesn’t suit you, he really doesn’t
He smiles like a hypocrite with you, brushing your face and hair
But he’s thinking of another woman for sure, how dare he
The amount of tears you’ve cried, I want to make you happy by the same amount, baby
Rather than going through the pain alone, share some with me, baby
Please look at me, why can’t you realise that I am your love
Why are you the only one who doesn’t know

Jonghun’s eyes dropped to the grass below, his heart beating fast. Maybe Jonghun is ready to tell how he feels about Hongki. A confession of his feeling along the years he has been with Hongki. Jonghun was about to utter a words when suddenly a pair of hands cupped Hongki’s face from the front, it’s Wonbin. He came here to have Hongki back. Jonghun’s heart crushed to pieces seeing that XX again taking Hongki in an embraced. Jonghun hate it. Hongki don’t deserve this man. Noticing Jonghun there, Wonbin just smirked and brushed Hongki’s hair that almost wet with tears. I should be the one that did that. Jonghun thought on his mind with his sharp stare on Wonbin’s. Wonbin whispered into Hongki’s sensitive ears and all of a sudden Hongki was smiling again. I wish I can be the one that make him smile. Jonghun thought again. “Bye Jonghun. Don’t wait for me. I’ll be late” that all Hongki said with a smile and he walked with Wonbin, hands intertwined. Jonghun still sit there on the grass. His eyes never leaves the couple that walked passed him. He felt jealousy in him, but what can he do? He loves Hongki so much. But have Hongki realised that?

################################################################################################

I might have to edit this. but i need some sleep first. Please tell me either it's good or bad. I was feeling guilty because don't have time to update but I'm guessing a one-shot fic can make my guilty feeling disappear. so please tell me, comment or subscribes. I might change this to chaptered fic if you want to. kekeke. I forgot i need sleep. I have early class tmrw.

By the way, have you checked out FT ISLAND new mv I WISH? It is AWESOME! Hongki was too cute with that ahjumma hairstyle. kekeke. And Jonghun is being all flirty with that aoa girl. I'm okay with it but does Hongki okay with it? kekeke.

So I'll try to update my other fics so please stay with me. ^^