Chapter 1. I love you. Taemin come back... -Minho

Haru haru (하루 하루 Day by Day)

 

Haru haru (하루 하루 Day by Day)

 

The bright light filters through the open window as a cool spring breeze fills the room. Minho takes a deep breath, the fresh air filling his nostrils, as the breeze rattles his hair as it sways a little. He sits on his bed with photos and trinkets. Some of them brought back the happiest days of his life and some were part of the harder times. The little things in life make a difference and Minho refused to let the even smaller things bother him. Today was the day Minho was going to face the past. Braving through it with the hard times and laughing with the good ones. He had to get all of his built up past emotions out  so he could get to the seemingly brighter future. He stared at the picture for a moment trying not to get glassy eyed, remembering.

 

Clearing his mind Minho stared at the other things he had sprawled on the bed. Taemin’s favorite iPod, the one he would always dance with and the only thing he would get upset about when he lost it. Minho loved the way Taemin would put his heart and soul into dancing He loved the way his body would naturally flow, the way his little face would scrunch up on the deepest concentration, and how his eyes would gleam when he successfully completed a dance, his brown chocolaty eyes burning with passion as tiny sweat beads foment at the base of his face.  Another thing was Taemin’s first love letter to Minho when Taemin had to study abroad for a month. It took 3 hours and 5 rough drafts for Taemin to come up with the final letter. A one-page-two-paragraphed-letter. But after all it was his first love letter too, so Taemin tried to pour his heart into it. Written in the best handwriting Taemin could muster he filled it with his love for Minho and promises of fun times they would have when he came home. He finally was happy with it and then the next day he took it down to the mail and sent it. Hoping Minho would revive it with a smile on his face.

 

But among the many things Minhos favorite item were two rings, now too small to wear, pure silver, with their names on it. Taemin and Minho. Minho and Taemin. Etched with smiles, laughter and happy memories the rings, sit forever side by side. He remembers when Taemin wore it. He looked amazing as usual on the outside but on the inside he was fragile. Weak. Dying. And Minho remembers the time where his life fell apart...................

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

3rd person

 

Horns honk in the distance and paper flutters on the doors of abandoned garages, as steam rises from the manholes evaporating into the air. "Please don't tell him Kai…Your one of my best friends…. I trust you…" the boy whispered in a broken voice, with a pained

expression. The guy he was talking to, Kai, darts his worried eyes around the empty ally. "He’s looking." whispered Taemin "Remember the plan…" And with that Kai gently takes the other boys hand squeezing it slightly as he reaches out to brush the dark pieces of hair

trailing towards his face.

 

From a distance, with out the pair noticing Minho watches intently with a frown on his face as he runs his fingers through his dark brown hair that turned chocolaty in the sunlight .His friend’s Key, Jonghuyn, Onew, Suho, Chanyeol, D.O., Sehun and Baekhyun, file behind Minho with smiles that suddenly fade as they witness him staring at the scene that played out in front of them.

 

From afar they watch quietly gauging Minhos actions. The boy looks up at Kai "Taemin… " Kai whispers to him, looking at him with uncertainty. From his unnoticed spot on the cold pavement, Minho looks down at their hands together. Minho puts his hand over his mouth to stop from any outbursts as Chanyeol, puts his hand on Minhos shoulder. “Come on Minho…” he starts quietly “You know Kai and Taemin wouldn’t be like this… They’re our best friends… You have to trust

Me.”  He finishes as the rest of Minhos friends nod in agreement.

 

But they're not telling. They knew the secret too.

 

Taemin softly slides his hand away from Kai’s and slips a silver band off his finger and places it in Kais trembling hand. "Taemin... I..." Kai looks up at Taemin, his eyes filled with sorrow. Taemin nods his head and then turns to walk away.

 

'What is my love doing with my best friend?' Minho shouts to him self. 'That's OUR ring!' he says biting on his lip, as he turns the matching ring on his finger and stomps toward Taemin, throwing Chanyeol’s hand off his shoulder. But suddenly there is someone's backside in his way.

 

"What was that about!" yelled Minho pointing his hand and shoving his arm in the direction of Taemin who walked out of sight. "What do you think you're doing with MY Taemin?!" he said questioningly, and a little too harsh, closing the distance in between their bodies. Their friends circled the two men like lions stalking their prey, ready for either of them to make a move.

 

There was silence. "Answer!" said Minho bitterly his patience wearing thin.  "Nothing." replied Kai just as bitter. Kai turned around to leave but before he could the taller boy stepped in his way "THAT wasn't NOTHING!" Minho said getting in Kai’s face. "Yes it was! Now leave!" pointed Minho defensively slightly taping Kai.

 

"Stop Hyungs!" yelled Sehun getting in between Minho and Kai, putting his hands up between them.  "Come on! Were all friends!" said Onew and Key, backing Sehun up. With that statement Kai drew back and turned but suddenly felt a tough hand on his chest spin him

around.

 

"Why are you lying?!!" said Minho with ferocity shoving his face even closer to Minho and hovering there. "DON'T tell me it was nothing because obviously it was!!" Minho kept his face blank as he adverted his eyes and turned his head. D.O. and Key grabbed Minhos hands and arms and pulled him back as Kai tried to keep an emotionless face.

 

Kai took that as a chance and turned around and started to walk away. But Minho just pushed his way out of his friends grip and walked towards Kai . "YAH!" Minho yelled, with more anger in his voice. Minho stopped and took a step sideways, turning his whole head revealing his facial features. Most people would have taken it as a face of annoyance but in reality, it was just pure pain. Minho rushed up to him shouting obscenities ending his rant by taking his hand and sliding it across his neck, threatening Kai. Kai ,who was tired of having one of his best friends act like a  brat and yell in his face, shoved Minho. Who stumbled back a couple of paces before regaining his footing. Baekhyun grabbed Minho but Minho wiggles out of his grip, meeting Kai in the middle. They both shouted and screamed some more as their friends tried I break them up, their argument suddenly getting towards its breaking point.

 

"JUST BACK OFF!" Yelled Kai, losing his cool. "NO!" screamed back Minho . "Look that was NOTHING!"

"YES it WAS! That’s MY Taemin! YOU BACK OFF"

"Look I know what I'M doing and YOU don't, so just go away OK?!"

yelled Kai putting his fingers on his temple and then on Minho's

forehead, shoving him backwards. "What are you doing with Taemin’s ring!!!! HUH?!!" Minho spat. The fight sounded like a

yelling match. Who ever yelled the loudest won. Kai was fierce and

his ridged figure stood strong, ready to take what would come.

 

But Minho who was capable of immense anger and shouted as hard and as

loud as he could. His voice easily over powering Kai's .Kai couldn’t take fighting with his best friend so he stopped and he told

Minho to calm him down, which only made it worse.  "No I won’t clam down Kai! Tell me what that was about!!"  Minho just wanted answers and he was getting tired of Kai.

 

Jealousy. Jealousy’s previous life was love. Love was something that you felt in your happiest days, which makes you feel safe and smile. But when that love is stripped from you, all you have is hate and jealousy. Which causes people to lose any true intent to find answers or seek a way to solve a problem, and you are left with anger and sadness. Some people revert to sadness and try to deal with their problems the best way they can. The others lash out in fiery anger. Pure hatred for no one but themselves. And pure hatred and anger is what sent Minhos fist smashing into Kai's face.

 

Horror washed over Minho and Kai's friends as they scramble to try to brake them up.Minho waited for Kai to come back up, but was taken by surprise. When Minho recovered from he blow, he came rearing his hand, baling it into a tight fist and slightly splitting the skin on Minho's cheek bone. Then swiftly, Minho delivered another blow to Kai's stomach, knocking the wind out of him. As Kai sputtered for air he tripped and fell backwards landing hard, his face pulling into a grimacing as his unprotected tailbone crashes to the ground, taking the full impact. Minho wasted no time and forcefully grabbed the collar of Minhos shirt, yanking him up and down, spitting words of hate into his face.

 

Suddenly Suho and D.O. forced Minho off Kai pinning him in a garage door, that slammed with a loud bang on impact. Kai was dragged upwards and pulled to the side by Onew and Baekhyun who gripped Kai as tight as they could. "Come on!! Knock it off!" Chanyeol yelled standing between the struggling groups. 

 

Minho threw his hands down, making Suho and D.O. release him and then Minho kicked a garbage can, the contents of it flying every where and the empty tin clanking to the cold ground. Then Minho turned away, stumbling down the ally way, flustered and fuming. Minho raised his hand to his face, wiping the red liquid that formed at the side of his busted lip. Kai and Minhos friends try to regroup as they realize keeping the secret and the promise would be much harder than they thought. Kai stepped back and running his hands through his hair cursing at no one, but himself.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

'What did I do to deserve this? I thought Tae loved me!!' Minho thought as he swung the door as hard as he could, rattling the whole apartment. He yelled to no one as he stomped into the bathroom and grabbed the faucet slamming it on as cold as I would go, moving the head so water splayed all over the tiny space.

 

He looked around the moon lit bathroom and yelled, tears building in his eyes as he makes his fist and buried it into the mirror, shattering a large portion. "WAEE!!!" he yelled at no one "MY BEST FRIEND!!" he said pounding the mirror, one blow for one syllable. The splashed water covered the  blood splattered mirror as it broke into a thousand pieces.

 

"I love you Lee Taemin ..." he whispered his labored breathing becoming shallower and softer. "I love you so much.. Why would you do this....was it me? Did I turn you away? Was I not good enough? Were you lying when you said forever..?" He stood there silent looking in the broken mirror, the water seeping down through his soft fabric and to his hot skin soaking every inch of him. He stopped suddenly noticing the sharp pain where the glass had cut into his hand. He let a tear slip from his dirty, tired face as he clutched his hand, the searing pain now numb, and sank to the bottom of the bathtub. He sat there with out feeling, letting the chilly water rush over his broken body, hoping it would wash away the future.