HH Games : Part 1

The Matchmaker's Masterplan !!

" And now, I declare the 665th Hortensia Humphrey Games open!!!!!! " yelled the principal who was standing on a stage. The students began to cheer wildly as confetti showered down on them and ballons were let loose. The grounds they'd booked for the game, were extremely big and there were various stalls everywhere. It was situated near a village.  There was a river flowing nearby and it was considered sacred by  the villagers and no one washed or polluted it. Only boats were allowed to be in it.

" Hey .... the water's too shiny...." said Jongup checking his reflection in the crystal clear water.

" Don't worry Jonguppie.. You look great!! " said Himchan showing him the thumbs up sign.

" I wanna dirty the water...." said Jongup absentmindedly. Just then Zelo came, a broom and bucket in his hand. " Sup ers.... What's in the water? " he asked curiously, peeping into the river. " Hey Zelo... Where are you gonna throw the dirt ? " asked Jongup suddenly. " Oh the janitor owns a garbage truck. He'll come " replied Zelo. Jongup nodded.

" STUDENTS!!!! PLEASE GET INTO YOUR RESPECTIVE TEAMS!!! !!! " yelled thre principal over the loud voices of the students. . All the students were now searching for and getting into their teams.

" Uh... Where are the others ?" asked Jongup trying to spot his team mates.

" Oh no.... they have been kidnapped!! I knew it!! The world we live in is too vast for common species like us to search.. The eye is too small to pronoounce the wonders of it. An electron microscope though it's maximum magnification reaches the magnificent number of 100,000 is no longer of use!!! We must ----eh...? " asked Himchan looking around, for all the students were staring at him.

" Stupid boy..." muttered a boy and his friend showed him the middle finger, before they both gathered up their team and walked away. 

" Hehehhe.....moron...." said Zelo picking up a bottle thrown on the ground. " Where are the others? What if they don't turn up ? " asked a worried Jongup. " That's ok.... We can handle this... alone " said Himchan smirking at Jongup. Suddenly they heard an angry voice behind them

" THIS IS VIOLATING MY BASIC FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS GRANTED IN---- AARGH!!! DON'T TOUCH ME!!!! GET AWAY!!!! AARGH!!!! I'LL LODGE A COMPLAINT AGAINST YOU 2 FOR KIDNAPPING ME, ASSAULT AND ABUSE!!!! " 

" Oh shut up!!! " came Kyungs voice.

" Yeah! we told you that we really need you!!" added Sumin

" Oh... There's your team..." said Zelo as the 3 of them watched Sumin and Kyung dragging a veery angry Daehyun over. 

" Guys. Follow me.We have a plan." said Kyung as they approached. " Oh dear.... Daehyunnie looks like a wild animal " said Zelo before patting Jongup on the back and disappearing. " Is that a good thing ?" whispered Jongup. Himchan shrugged as they watched Daehyun being dragged,  till he was standing right before of them

" I WAS JUST COUNTING MY MONEY BEFORE YOU 2 FREAKS BARGED INTO MY ROOM!!! WHAT IF IT GETS  STOLEN HUH ? IF IT DOES,  I'LL SELL YOU 2 FOR SLAVERY AND MAKE UP FOR THE LOST MONEY!! What are you 2 staring at huh? " growled Daehyun at Jongup and Himchan. 

" Ok gang. Listen up. Apparently Yongguk will be taking part...." began Kyung. " What?! " cried Jongup. " Huh...? Didn't he refuse?? " asked Himchan squinting at Kyung suspiciously. Sumin shook her head. " That's what we thought but he is coming " .

"How do you know? " asked Jongup quizzically. " Cause I saw his name in one of the teams " replied Sumin patiently. " What's the plan? " asked Himchan quickly. " So... I hired the stars---"began Kyung.  " And I,  the thugs and gangsters " cut in Sumin. " Whoa... Good thing I brought the black powder..." muttered Himchan. " I brought some..... accessories" said Jongup slyly.

Then they turned to Daehyun, who was quietly fuming alone. " You? " asked Kyung.In return, they received the lethal DAE GLARE from him. " So what's the line up?" asked Sumin pulling out spray cans and handing them to each member. " What's this? " snapped Daehyun shaking his can. " Spray paint....uh...with a special chemical to make your eyes tear so bad that you go blind " explained Sumin. "Here" said Kyung pulling out a black can as well. " What's that?  A bomb? " asked Daehyun sarcastically. " Oh I wish so too my friend...but It's war paint " replied Kyung smearung two streaks across each cheek and passing it to a very excited Jongup. " Hey,  aren't there supposed to be 10 teams? There's only 9?  " said Kyung counting the number of groups huddled around the huge grounds. 

As if on ue a hoard of girls, lead by the fainting girl came crashing into the center of the grounds.

" OMG GUYS!!!!! DID YOU KNOW SOMETHING!!!??" she screamed and 2 boys helped her up on stage. 

" WHAT?? " yelled the people. 

" YONGGUK IS COMING!!!!!" she shrieked

" YEAH WE KNOW!!!!" they yelled back.

" Huh? What?!  how?! " asked the fainting girl girl in surprise.

" Cause we have  The Yongguk Saesang Club " replied a girl casually. A bespectacled girl steeped out showing a badge with yongguk's face on it along with BYG Club written on it.

Stupid girls. I wish I could go home...Now what's coming?Nothing good. Freaks. thought Daehyun, gazing at a tree absentmindedely. 

" BUT DID YOU SEE HIM!!!! OMG!!!! HE WAS SOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!" she screamed.

" WHERE IS HE!!!! WHAT WAS HE WEARING!!!!?" screamed the students getting worked up.

" WELL. TO BEGIN WITH...." she squealed and pointed, and her friend walked to her and held her arms open as she fainted and fell into them.

The students turned and gasped. There he was.....

Walking towards them, wearing a black wife beater, a black leather jacket over it, along with combat boots and half finger gloves, Bang Yongguk was walking towards the crowd, a don't carish nonchalant air about him. He was emanating a deadly, menacing aura that spoke of confidence and victory. 

" Whoa..... Those other 3 guys in his team are the 3 best athletes in the school... They are very strong. Once when the cafeteria door was locked they kicked it open.... And mind you, it was solid oak " whispered Himchan.

" Man....... He looks like he's going to battle... look at those clothes..." remarked Kyung, glancing at his own pair of shorts and T-shirt. Jongup nodded bending down to re strap his sandals. 

" Oh... You losers are gonna lose today.." said Daehyun, who was reading a comic book.

" SHUT UP!!" yelled his team mates.

" Oh good. Everyone's here.... But Yongguk's team seems to be missing one member..." said the teacher in charge. " Yeah... But it doesn't make a difference..." said Youngjae who was the first to stand in line with his nerd group, for the first event. " Hmmm that's against the rules..." said the teacher her eyes roaming round the ground. She counted Youngjae's team members..

" Six.....? Youngjae..." began the teacher threateningly. " NO MISS!! YOU ARE GROWING OLD!! CAN'T YOU SEE? THERE'S ONLY 5!! SEE? " said Youngjae pushing the smallest member behind the biggest. 

*********************************************

" You hear that? " asked Jenny from Gina. Their team was near a tree.

" Hnuh? Yeah....Someone's screaming " replied Gina as a shrill

" NOOOOOOOOO ".A voice was heard echoing though the grounds. 

*******************************************

We will bgin our first event, the boat race announced the principle. 

" How do you know?" asked jongup skeptically, eyes narrowedAll the students turned to look at him. Kyung slapped him on the head and laughed trying to make the tense atmosphere lighter.

" ...Right. Well anyway. You can see the boats lined up there and students. There is a steering wheel and  oars... Don't use it to bing harm to others.. Understood?" asked teh principal, hands on his hips.

" YEAH!!" cheered everyone.

" ALRIGHT!!! LET'S GO!!!!" whooped the principal

**************************

" So lady... all we have to do is, ride this boat to the island ?" asked Himchan from the teacher in charge. They were near the lake, where ten boats were waiting, ready for their teams to climb in. " Yes Himchan Yes.. " sighed the teacher, who had been repeating the first challenge about 7 times. " As you can see, you need to steer the boat,but  there are oars as well, incase you need them "

" So.... What's the challenge in that? " asked Jongup staring at the lake. " Well, that's for me to know and you to find out " snapped the teacher stalking off to another team.

" Geez.... Women and their moods..." muttered Himhan, watching the teacher tightening a safety jacket over a kid, and making it impossible for him to breathe. " If you losers aren't getting in., I am " announced Daehyun, climbing into the boat. " Hey!! Me next!" yelled Sumin jumping in. The boat swayed. " ers!!! We'll see!!!" screamedKyung at some other team, before jumping into the boat and making it sway even more. " I..I'm scared it'll topple." mumbled Jongup with fearful eyes. " Don't worry... If it does, I'll get you out! " said Himchan throwing an arm around him.

Ew... So cheesy. Next thing you know, he'll be saying " ooh baby! Did you fall down from venus?" pssht. I hate love. haha!! Opposites!!

" HEY GUYS!!! THE LOSER TEAM IS READY!!!" hooted another team, jeering at Kyung's team. Everyone began hooting and yelling curses at each other, and abruptly fell silent.... For Yongguk was coming. He surveyed his surroundings with distaste before his eyes landed on Kyung's team. He looked at each member individually, his eyes lingering on Daehyun longer than the others. Daehyun, the oblivious matchmaker, was studying a water lily.  A smirk formed on Yongguk's lips, before he walked to his  boat and got in gracefully.

" I DON'T WANT TO COME WITH YOU GUYS!!!! MY TEAM NEEDS MEE!!!!" wailed Youngjae as he sadly trudged behind Yongguk's team.

********************************************** . 

" Ok ers. Get ready!!! " screamed someone. They turned around to see Zelo and the janitor, the janitor holding a gun to mark the start of the race. Everyone scrambled into their boats.

Some teachers in charge watched, wearing helmets for protection. " Look at the peasants. They look like they are going for a battle" commented one of them, while the others nodded in agreement.

" ON YOUR MARK!!! "

" NOOOOO!!!!!" screamed Youngjae

" GET SET!!!!"

" AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!!!! " screamed Zelo randomly

" Hey!! I wanna fire that!! " he added. " No you can't. You're underage!!" yelled the janitor, slapping his hand away. " No but you always get the good stuff!!! It's my turn!! give it!!" he screamed, reaching for the gun. " NOO!! STAY AWAY YA FREAK!!!" screamed the janitor.

" HEY!! WE'RE WAITING!!!" screamed the impatient students.

" STOP IT!!! GET AWAY!!! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHH!! !" screamed the janitor as Zelo lunged at him and his finger pulled the trigger and BANG!, the bullet  missed the principal who was tasting some cake by mere inches

" AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH

WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

" DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!" chanted the students at each other, before they set off.

" Urgh.... Why do I have to go through this ? Even watching boxing and sumo wrestling is better...How come sumo wrestlers have big butts? How do they manage to sit on the toilet? " wondered Daehyun watching Jongup trying to paddle the water with his hands and almost falling int. Chaos ensued.  

" AAAAHHH!!!! WE'RE LEADING!!!!" screamed Kyung waving his hands in the air. " IN YOUR ING DREAMS !!!" screamed team 1 . A tomato landed on Himchan's head. Deahyun looked around to see  team 2 throwing fruits at the other teams, in the hope of misleading them. " HIMCHAN!!! WEAPONS!!! " screamed Kyung and Himchan handed a round object to him,while he took one for himself.

" FIRE!! !" screamed Kyung and they tossed  the objects into the boat of team 8  nearby. They landed with a pssst sound and released a deadly grey smoke. The sound of choking was heard from the boat. Daehyun sat watching interestedly as  team 7  pulled out fake guns with a black liquid. The  leader of that team was screaming ; " AIM TO THE EYES YE FOOLS!!! "  

BANG BANG BANG!! The air was suddenlly full of gun shots as team 5 was opening fire on team 6.

" HAHAHA!!! ERS!!! WE'RE WEARING BULLET  PROOF VESTS!!!" taunted team 6 showing their black vests.

Team 8 (youngjae's nerd team) was happily paddling in green vests " EEW!!! GREEN? GUYS!! WE HATE GREEN RIGHT!!!? WE HATE ENV FRIENDLY COLOURS!!!! let's teach them a lesson!!! WE HATE THE ENVIRONMENT!!!! FIRE!!!!!" screamed the leader of team 09, and the nerd team's eyes widened in shock as 4 angry, yowling cats were flung into their boat. " AAAARRRRGHHH!!!!! they screamed as the cats clawed at them

" Yep...  losing " said Daehyun settling down in the boat again to watch the others battle. If only I had a cannon... I could shoot them all... Or better. Shoot myself to an island where I could spend time alone...to myself...

The 9 teams looked at each other panting before their eyes narrowed. " Himchan, we are going to plan B..." whispered Kyung. Himchan nodded and handed out helmets to the others. Then it began again. 

Daehyun decided to read his book but felt it being pulled out of his hands. Angrily he looked up to see team 7 grinning at him. " Why you piece of dung " he began standing up.

" HALT LOSERS!!!" screamed a boy somewhere.

Everyone stopped to look at him. " Look. we shouldn't fight among ourselves... The real enemy is Bang Yongguk "  He got everyones' attention. " So? " asked another boy. " So... We should all work together and get him...savvy ? " he continued.

There was a moment of silence before. " GET HIM!!!! AAAARGH!!!!! " Fruits and heavy objects flew through the air as the boy's boat began to sink. " NOOOOOO!!!! I'LL BE BACK!!!" he screamed before going under water.... and surfacing back holding onto the boat. 

Fine fine... These slaves won't do this, I will... I want to emerge victorious here... Bang Yongguk...You're going down.... Like that boy.. Except you'll never surface "  thought Daehyun taking the ignored steering wheel into his hands. Pushing his glasses up and with narrowed eyes, he began steering their boat.

" SEE!!! THE WIND GOD LIKES US!!! WE'RE MOVING BUT YOU'RE NOT!!!! " screamed Himchan as their boat moved  forward steadily. " Shut up freak. It's me " said Daehyun boredly. In about five minutes they saw a boat further up ahead. " Daehyunnie !! You're steering?? " whispered Kyung . " Shut up " replied Daehyun.

" FASTER!!! 4 OTHER TEAMS ARE APPROACHING !!! ARGH!!! " screamed Jongup but Daehyun kept going in the same pace. " GOGOGOGOGOGOGo!!!!" screamed his team mates.

" Losers... I know a short cut."  said Daehyun, turning to the right.Into something like a jungle. Suddenly they were drowned in darkness. " What? Are we in the mangroves? " asked Jongup looking around. " Hey.... This is a good place for snakes " shivered Himchan ducking low branches. " There's barely any light " said Sumin.        " Shut up " said Daehyun. But how do we know when we get outta here ? " asked Jongup creeped out.     " I think I saw a crocodile " whispered Himchan. " We're lost " mourned Kyung. 

Suddenly Daehyun pulled out of the mangroves and came back into the light. " Where are we? " asked Jongup in confusion. " Hey yeah! We're lost!! Right Daehyun? " asked Himchan sharply. " No. I know where we are, you guys did nothing and now just shut up " said  Daehyun angrily. Well...Ok we are lost... But so what.. We could hunt the crocodile for lunch right? he thought. 

" Hey look!! " cried Sumin suddenly. They all turned to see a boat far away, a blur in the distance.

I wish I had a telescope...Like a pirate. Maybe i can ---" Daehyun's thoughts were cut short by a presence he felt next to him. He looked slowly to see Jongup standing right next to him, looking through a pair of  binoculars. 

" Gimme that er " said Daehyun,  grabbing it from him and looking through it. Hmmm.... " Hey losers...  there is another boy  If I'm not mistaken, it is Youngjae... And he's holding a sign that reads Help Me...And there is another man who looks proud...wearing a black leather jacket....Who is that? " questioned Daehyun. " How can you not know?!!! "  asked Sumin aghast. 

" OH NO!!! IT'S YONGGUKS TEAM!!! " yelled Jongup, Kyung and Himchan together.                               " AAARGH!!!!LOOK BEHIND!!! " screamed Sumin. They turned around to see team 3 and 6 gaining on them . " MISS US ERS? !!! YA'LL GONNA PAY!!!! " screamed the same boy who drowned....He had thrown another team out of their boat and taken it.

" YA!! KISS MY !!! " yelled Himchan. " DAEHYUN STEER!!!!! " they screamed. Sighing he obliged. " WE'RE COMING!!!!" screamed team 6 closing the gap, team 3 close behind. They began to throw stuff at team 4 who threw them back.

" SUMIN!!! GIMME THE GRENADES!!!!" yelled Kyung. " Here! ".  Kyung had no time to throw as Daehuyun had caught up to Yongguk's team. They were on level now. Daehyun felt uncomfortable and looked to his right to see Yongguk staring at him. " DUCK! " shrieked Jongup, as a huge rock sailed over them, missing Daehyun's head by inches.

" WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!" yelped Youngjae opening an umberella,  as team 6 threw buckets full of water into and onto team 10 (Yongguk's team ). Yongguk glanced at one of his athlete team members who nodded and whispered to his pal, who smirked before pulling open a bag. The other 3 teams stopped to watch. He pulled out a handful of crabs.

" AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! " screamed the others, as the boy threw them at all the teams. " HEY YOU WANNABE SANTA CLAUSE!!! TAKE THIS!!! " yelled an angry Daehyun, hitting the boy full in the face with an oar.

And the battle began again. Team 3 began to throw some whizzing popping object at team 4. Jongup pulled out his tennis racket and hit it aiming at team 10. Yongguk caught it deftly in his left hand and threw it, right into team 3's boat. It exploded. 

The other 2 teams watched quietly....till Youngjae sneezed.

" AAARRGH!!! HIYA!!!" screamed Sumin as she pulled out machine guns (not with bullets... with sharp stones) . Team 4 began firing at team 10 except Daehyun, who had a battle of his own to fight.... to steer the boat and to avoid weird stuff from hitting him. 

" HAHAHAHAHA!!!! GOTCHA ERS!!! YOU ARE GONNA SINK DOWN!!! YA GOING DOWN BABY!!!" hooted Kyung high fiving Himchan. Yongguk turned to them, his eyes flashing in the sun. " I don't think so " he stated calmly.

" Huh? Waddaya mean? Can't face the fact that--- WHAT? " snapped Kyung as Daehyun poked his shoulder. He then pointed down. Team 4 looked down and paled. Their boat was filling up. Daehyun peeped over the edge and saw an athlete sidekick swimming away, a drill in his hands. " We're going down" he muttered as the boat sank. " NOOOOOO!!!!!" screamed his team mates. Team 10 had passed them.

****************************

" Now what? " asked Jongup. Team 4 was clinging onto their upturned boat. " We paddle of course" said Daehyun stating the obvious. " To where? " asked Himchan. Daehyun shrugged. Hope there aren't any crocs here... I don't want to die yet, not with so much of business.Maybe the croc would be satisfied if I sacrifice the others instead....

Feeling betrayed and sorrowful,  the five children began to kick  silently along with the upturned boat.     " Look , I have a pair binoculours right. So I'll stay on top and guide you all " said Jongup scrambling on top of the boat.

" TO THE LEFT!!!! NO NO NO!! THAT'S THE RIGHT!!!!! THE LEFT!!! AAARRGH!!! TREE!!!!"  Jongup yelled directions. This continued for a while till Jongup screamed " LAND!!!! I SEE LAND AHEAD!!!! AARRGH!!!"

" YaaaaaHHHHH!!!! WOOHOO!!! C'MON!!! " they cheered.

******************************************** 

Finally they reached the land. Mrs.Thripp ran to them and  helped them out. " Lady, Is this the place?" asked Himchan pointing at the island. " Yes Himchan... And call me miss " she added, pulling at the knots in his life jacket. " Hey lady... Are we the only team?" aked Jongup walking up to her. " Call me miss... And no. Team 10 came here first"

" Oh... What happened to the other teams lady? " asked Kyung wiping his hair. " MISS!!!! I'M YOU'RE TEACHER!!!! And team 3 and 6 .. They have apparently rowed to a far village. So they will be having their challenges there" she said.

" The others?" asked Daehyun, squeezing his shirt. "...Oh them... Actually I don't know..." mused the teacher tapping her chin. " So.. where is the enemy huh? Are you helping them huh? I KNEW IT!!! LADY!! BRING THEM OUT ! " yelled Himchan pointing an oar at the teacher who facepalmed. " YAY!!! SHUT YOUR TRAP!!! THEY'RE CHANGING!!!" she yelled at Himchan slapping the oar away. Suddenly the members of team 10 arrived, led by Yongguk, who was now wearing a grey V neck shirt and blue jeans...and the combat boots. 

They exchanged glares before Yongguk approached the teacher. " Oh yes. I will let you know about your next challenge after these e----uh... students get changed " she said handing a paper to Yongguk and walking away. 

" HA! YOU CAN'T WIN!! WE HAVE THE BRAINS.." cried Kyung pulling Sumin out of the shadows, introducing her. " The brawns " said Himchan without waiting to be introduced. " The.... Man..." said Jongup smugly. " The y distractor " said Kyung, pointing to himself. Yongguk waited for Daehyun to appear. "That's it? " asked one of his masked athletes. 

" And... uh.. where's Daehyun? " whispered Kyung.

" Stupid people... Stupid School. Urgh. I am so busy.." they heard behind them and turned. "

Daehyun was pulling off his shirt revealing a black tank top underneath. Yongguk's eyes widened a bit.   " That punk...has a nice body..." he thought as he watched Daehyun shaking his head to get rid of the water. The water droplets flew everywhere glistening in the sunlight. " I wonder what I'll dicover if I ripped  it off of him?...thought Yongguk scanning Daehyun,  who was oblivious to his predator." I don't think it'll be disappointing... Maybe he'll let me rip..---"

" HEY!!! STOP STARING!! " yelled Himchan stepping between him and his prey. Yongguk shook his head and blinked a few times. " What were you planning to do huh? " asked Kyung. Yongguk glared at them before walking back to his sidekicks. " Come on " he said,  trudging away. 

Mrs.Thripp returned." OK students. No time to waste. The next challenge is this. See that house over there ? " she said pointing to an old mansion. " That is your next destination. Enter and face all the challenges inside. It can be deadly and dangerous... But you must face it and try to come out unharmed. You have two hours. 5 minutes to plan and prepare " she said. The 2 teams quickly assembled outside the house. 

" Ok...5 seconds more...." began the teacher.

" LOSERS!!! " yelled team 4.

" 3..."

" Hey! What's our plan Kyung ? "

" 2..."

" OH NO !!!! "

" 1..."

" WAIT WAIT !!! ARRGH !!! "

" GO! !!! "