Caught

Demon Spawn

Your POV

I love to dance and music, but people believe I don’t. They believe that I’m a stuck up and only care about school and work. Its not that I don’t like to have fun it’s just that I want a different future, 1 that proves to people that I can accomplish something with my life.

You see I grew up in a poor family with a drunkard for a father the only reason I’m able to go to college is my grandparents inheritance, saving up money from two jobs, and scholarships. Even now I’m still working almost everyday then I’ll stay up doing homework. Today is different I finished all my schoolwork and I don’t have work for the first time in a while. I smile to myself as I decide that I’ll sneak to the practice rooms since there’s one that’s always empty.

I get into stealth mode to make it to the practice room unnoticed. I giggle when I reach the practice room and when I see that no 1 is inside when I slide the door open. I look around and find the stereo had been moved still I shrug and plug my IPod into the deck. I start to look through the music but can’t decide what to dance to so I click randomize.

The first one that it plays is my favorite because it plays so many different tunes that I can practice almost all styles that I know.

As the music plays, my body fluidly moves as if it’s a peaceful river. I move my arms and legs in perfect timing.

I smile as I close my eyes for once in a long while I’m at peace and dancing again.

My heart becomes lighter as I move, as does my mind.

Hyunseung’s POV

I had to get out to the dorm the guys were being so noisy and all I want is peace and quiet for I can sleep.

I decide that I’ll just go to the empty practice room that everyone knows is my room practically. When I reach the room, I go to my setup in the corner where I had a slight couch hidden from the mirrors so no one can see me. I fall asleep the moment I lay down and have myself covered. I open my eyes angry that I’m awoken by loud music playing in the room.

I look up to see a girl in black shorts and tank top with her hair pulled up into a high ponytail.

She’s dancing like bamboo in the wind.  She turns around for me to see a beautiful woman that is I think the bookworm as people call her.  Why do they speak badly of her she’s beautiful and her dancing is just the same?

When the song ends, I stand up and start clapping.

Your POV

I look behind me when I hear clapping from the back of the room. I’m shocked when I see the red hair of Hyunseung or the demon spawn as I call him.

I glare at him, “What are you doing here?” I say with distaste and informality.

He looks at me shocked as he speaks, “I was here first and I was taking a nap. So thank you for waking me up.”

I shrug as if it was nothing.

I look him in the eye, “It’s a practice room not a nursery so that’s what I’m doing. I’m practicing, dance.”

“You’re not part of the performing part of school. So what right do you have in using the room?”

I clench my fist, “So what no one ever uses this room since I remember. So I come here and dance. How do you think I’m still so skinny?”

“How would I know? I don’t even know you.”

“Oh the demon spawn doesn’t know ,” I mumble to myself. I look up and say, “I guess I’ll leave you to your nap, sir.”

I go to the stereo dock to get my IPod. I turn around and standing there is Hyunseung. He grabs my IPod and holds it above his head so I can't reach.

I inwardly groan knowing that I’m at his will, “Hyunseung, give me back my IPod you jackass.”

“Are you ordering me around?” he looks a bit taken back.

I can't stop myself when I say, “Damn right. Now give me back my IPod if you want to live to see tomorrow.”

He just laughs at me and goes to hand it to me but as I go to grab it, it’s above his head again.

“I’ll give it back to you if you dance in the school’s showcase with me.”

I look at him and shake my head, “What are we 5 years old blackmailing me by taking something away? No way, I’m happy with what I’m doing with my talent. If I wanted people to know I dance I’d have let them know by now.”

“Well if you want your IPod back and me to stay quiet about this until the showcase I’d agree. So I’ll wait on the count of 5 and the deal will be up.”

He starts counting, “1… 2… 3…”

I groan as I stick out my hand, “Fine, we have a deal. If you go back on it I’ll make you regret it.”

“Good go back on your word like what you said and you’ll regret it even more,” he hands me my IPod, “What’s you cell number so I can get in contact with you?”

I pull out my phone from my pocket and hand him my phone. He hands me his and I enter my information correctly since when I make a deal I keep it. He enters his and hands me my phone back as I hand him his back.

“Okay, tomorrow we’ll meet here the same time, okay.” He didn’t ask it was more of an order.

I glare up at him, “Sorry but I have work tomorrow meaning I have something beyond important to do.”

He looks me deep in my face leaning down so we were face-to-face, “Too bad. If you don’t show up you’ll regret it.”

I look him in the face, “Fine but that doesn’t mean I won’t work with you for the showcase so go back on your word you’ll regret it.”

I turn around on my heel glad that it’s late and I didn’t bring anything with me.

I leave the room and head to change into a different outfit that I was in before.