Coming out

Boys and Girls
Boys and Girls.
Chapter 14: Coming out.
By: cutterpillow
---
 
Choi Minho stared blankly at the ceiling. In fact he was thinking of his future, how would he be in the next 5 years, 10 years or maybe even after 30 years?  After 5 years, would SHINee still gain the success and popularity that they are experiencing right now? Or would they be on a long hiatus, or even the worst, would they get disbanded after 5 years?
 
Minho shook his head. Of course, he knew everything would have to end. Everything and everyone has a limit... and even him.
 
Soon, he knew. No not soon. It already came, his worst fear, his deepest darkest got revealed. How would he face his parents and brother? His band mates? His colleague? His fans who would die to be his girlfriend? And most of all, how would he face Aragaki Yui?
 
Choi Minho took a deep breath and lies down on his bed, he already had a tough week and he knew the succeeding days would be worst.
 
***
 
Aragaki Yui was still stunned. In fact she was still astounded on what had happened a week ago, take note aweek ago. It seems like nobody was able to move on. Even Ki Bum, who declares his self as a devotee to the love of his life, the Tokyo Juliet, had noticed something was going on.
 
After the incident, Yui did not come back to their dorm, not even having communications with them. It made Ji Hyun and the boys more worry and Ki Bum in dazed.
 
So exactly... what did happen? Let's go backtrack.
 
.
 
"I'm home...." Yui sighed.
 
"Yui, hmmm... You like tired..." Jihyun told her.
 
"Did you run?" She asked seeing Yui panting a little.
 
"Yeah, there's this weird feeling of mine that someone’s following me so I quickened my pace." Yui grumbled. "And the girl keep on pestering me this whole day cause you're not around." She continued whining.
 
"Oh dear, you must be really tired, the food is ready." Key butted in and smiled at her.
 
"Yeah thanks... but I'll go inside the toilet first and wash up... I feel ... sticky..."
 
"Okie, do it fast... Jihyun call the rest dinner's ready."
 
Yui slowly and lazily made her way inside the toilet. She didn't noticed that the light was on and someone's inside. She opened the door,
 
"OMO......... ..... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
 
"What the...-" The other person responded, shocked just like Yui. It was the flaming charisma on his unflaming charismatic situation.
 
The realization somewhat came in late. Yui was gawking at him blankly. Hastily, he covered his body then his red satin knee length dress (with a long slit) had flown above his head, reveling his...
 
"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! " Yui screeched. She covered his eyes with her two hands.
 
"It’s not what you thi---" Choi Minho tried to explain. Accidentally he saw his face on the mirror, he removed his shoulder length hair wig and tried to wipe off his Maybelline's number 775 mauve heather lipstick.
 
Yui immediately and respectively bowed her head, "sureishimasu"
 
.
 
Tokyo Juliet heaves a long and deep sigh.  She buried her face in her hands and think again, 'What the hell was that?' She asked herself for the nth time, every time she remembers that exact moment, she cannot help but to add another question, 'why does Choi Minho wore a very y and daring dress and was wearing make ups? Hmm.’ As much as she could squeeze her brain and think of the sufficient answer, no amount of information would and will sprout out because she and Minho had never talked before.
 
"TALK?!" She raised her head and shout cheerfully in her mother language, customers on the cafe had looked at her oddly as if she was a crazy Japanese lady. "Sou da-ne!, Minho-kun and I haven’t talked about it!" She laughed lightly and simply sneaks at the locker room.
 
***
 
She plucked her phone on from her coat and dialed Ji Hyun's number without wasting any time.
 
"Yobo---"
 
"Ji Hyun, it's me Yui."
 
"KYAAAAAAA!!!!" Ji Hyun screeches on the other line, it startled the dazed Ki Bum. "Yuiiiiiii!!!! What happened to you?! I so so so miss youuuuu!!!"
 
"Yui?" Key's ears perk up. He had this grin plastered on his face, ear to ear. Then Ji Hyun noticed the smile Key’s face, she called him and they sat close together sharing the phone.
 
Yui laughed. “Ugh, something happen, don’t worry I’m quite okay now. Say…”
 
“Hmm?” Ji Hyun responded with a brow crumpled. “What is it Yui?”
 
“This is so embarrassing.” Yui hissed beneath her breath however Ji Hyun had slightly heard her.
 
“What?”
 
“Nothing… Ah. Ji Hyun…” She gulped. “Is Choi Minho-kun there?”
 
There was a sly smile forming around Ji Hyun’s lips. Of all the people living on that dorm, what made Aragaki Yui look for Choi Minho? Kim Ji Hyun wanted to ask aloud. But something was making her shut and that is Kim Ki Bum cursing beside her. He was biting the fringe of the throw pillow. Ji Hyun glanced at Ki Bum, waiting for his answer.
 
Ji Hyun scratches her nape. “Uh. I don’t know… You see, all of us know, Minho has its own world. He doesn’t want to socialize that much, so he’s like… invisible, as always.”
 
“Then do you have his number? We need to talk.”
 
‘Ooh! This looks interesting’, was the first thing that came in Ji Hyun’s mind. She knew there is something going on especially when she heard Yui’s tone of pleading.
 
“Sorry, but I don’t have Minho-ssi’s number if you want to, I can ask Ki Bum-ssi.”
 
“Oh good. Thank you.”
 
Ji Hyun removed the phone from her ears and hand her mobile phone to Key. On the other hand, with all his might, Key tried to refuse to get the phone and he was shaking his head from left to right, denying that he wants to have to phone.
 
Ji Hyun got tired of him being the ‘hard-to-get’ guy; she shoved her phone on his chest and walk away, giving Ki Bum some space.
 
Key inhales deeper then released it, “hi Yui, it’s me.” He said shyly.
 
“Da-re (Who)?”
 
The smile on Key’s lips had turn into a straight line. His feline eyes had grown wide. Of course, even though it was said in a foreign language, he understands it.
 
She giggled. “Hi Key! I was just kidding; of course I knew it was you! Sorry, if I did not return your call on the past day. It feels like I had left you but anyway I’m back from the dead and how are you?”
 
He chuckled. He was positive that he misses this voice. He replied, “I’m good. Yui… If you don’t mind, why are you looking for Choi Minho?”
 
“I have something to ask him, we need to talk.” And he regretted asking her that question. He swallowed hard, preparing his dry lips to ask again. “Ki Bum-ssi, can you help me?”
 
“Anything.”
 
“Then can you give me his phone number?” Once again, he regretted answering her statement.
 
“I… I’m not sure if I have his number.” There’s no doubt that he lied on that part. Definitely he has Choi Minho’s number; they’ve known each other since their trainee days.
 
“Please?” he voice sounded calm, as always and Ki Bum had a hard time to reject that. He huffs in and gave in.
 
***
 
“Minho, fighting!” he said to his self as he stepped out of the shadow. He walked lightly without a sound going closer to the kitchen.
 
“Ji Hyun.” His deep voice had said.
 
“Holy cow!” Ji Hyun shrieked. She got startled by him. Minho politely bows at her and says his sorry. There was an awkward atmosphere between the two of them. “Minho-ssi, do you want something to eat?” She managed to ask as she tries to concentrate on wiping the table again.
 
“I’m okay… Ji Hyun-ssi, can I ask you something.” She smiled at him, as if it was a cue for him to go on with his question. He flashed her, his winning smile, and oh! Believe it or not, Ji Hyun’s face had turned red. “Can I ask for Aragaki Yui-ssi’s number?”
 
Ji Hyun could feel the butterflies on her stomach. She was happy for her friend having chase by two boys. Without delay, she handed her phone to Choi Minho and he started typing Yui’s number on his own.
 
“Komapsumnida”  
 
“Minho-ssi! Wait!” He turns around and met her gaze and she could feel his stare piercing right through her, making her knees gone jelly. ‘Oh ! Why am I thinking this?’ Ji Hyun had battle with her brain. “I’m just curious, why did you ask for her number?”
 
“Yui-ssi and I…” He was fidgeting. “Err. How do you say this? Uhm. She and I… we need to talk about something personal.”
 
Ji Hyun nodded with her lips partly open. Trying to comprehend everything, when Minho left, she huffs and said,
 
“What’s with the phrase of the day, ‘we need to talk’?”
 
***
 
Aragaki Yui is trembling, she was nervous. This is her first time to have a one on one talk with Choi Minho. What made the situation worse was Choi Minho decides to pick up her call and greeted her,
 
“Yoboseyo?”
 
“Minho-ssi, it’s me Yui. Aragaki Yui.”
 
“I know.” He said without any flares.  She stopped breathing. She could feel her cheeks burning. NANDE? “Yui-ssi, can we talk?”
 
We badly need to talk. Yui wanted to tell him. Instead, she said “sure. I’ll go to your place tomorrow.”
 
“Perfect.”
 
***
 
Jonghyun’s eyes got widen, but it was smiling. All of them were quite surprised on the image in front of them. He whispers to Onew, “I thought it was Key-Yui, but how come everything changes, it’s Minho – Yui now?”
 
Onew shrugs as Minho and Yui pass by them. Key was flaring up in anger; he was sending Choi Minho his death glare.
 
Neither Minho nor Yui had noticed Key, and it was Taemin’s turn to use his aegyo skills.
 
-
 
When they reached Minho and Jonghyun’s shared room, Yui sat on his bed whilst Minho is standing in front of her, walking back and forth with his thumb on his mouth.
 
“Unnie.” Minho began. “I’ll get straight to the point.”
 
Yui nodded trying to be composed, nonetheless the truth is she’s VERY nervous that she is clutching on the bed sheet.
 
“I’m gay.”
 
Little does he and she knows, someone is listening to them.

Authors note: KEKEKE! sorry for not updating this fic for the the longest time. Im realy sorrrrry!