The Last Letter

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOcxT5KW8M

Ns Yoonji feat Jay Park- If You Love Me

------

Three years later…

“Good afternoon, teacher!”

“Hello, Teacher Jung!”

“Goodbye, Teacher Jung!”

The students of Eunkwang Girls’ Middle School giggled and waved as they passed by.

“Good afternoon, girls. Have a good weekend.” Sohee smiled and waved. She entered the office and was greeted by her friendly co-workers.

“Heading home?” Her colleague asked.

Sohee smiled. “Not yet. I have somewhere to stop by.” She said farewell to her friends and left the school with light steps. Sohee walked down the pathway and stopped in front of a small market. She went in and saw tofu on the rack. Sohee smiled, picked one up, and went to the counter. Swaying the black bag with the raw tofu, she walked towards her destination.

Sohee checked the time and tilted her head. *His release time is in an hour. I hope I can reach him by then.*

HONK! HONK! Sohee stopped in her steps and turned her head.

The male in the red convertible pushed his sunglasses down and grinned.

“Yah, Kim Woobin.” She smiled, pleased to see him.

“Going to Niel, right?” He asked.

Sohee beamed and nodded. “Get in. I’ll give you a ride.” Woobin gestured for her to come.

Sohee obligingly accepted his offer and entered the car. Woobin sped off down the busy road. “Won’t your parents disapprove that you’re ditching class to come see me?” Sohee raised an eyebrow. “Pfft. You know they love it when I do anything that has to do with you. In fact, my mom was wondering if you’re willing to be her daughter-in-law…” Woobin glimpsed at her.

Sohee laughed. “Tell your mother I appreciate it, but I’m taken.”

“That Ahn Daniel is one lucky bastard.” Woobin shook his head.

Sohee smiled. *No. I’m the lucky one.* She looked out at the passing scenery and felt the breeze against her face. She looked up at the sky and smiled. *I’m on my way to see you, Niel. I wonder how much you changed. Hopefully, your love for me didn’t change.*

-----

The doors opened, and the ex-convicts were released.

“Honey, over here!”

“Daddy!”

“Jagiya~”

The families came forward to greet them.

Niel was the last person to come out. The sun hit his eyes and blinded him. He covered the sun from his eyes and looked around. Everyone was enjoying a little reunion but him. Niel slung his backpack over his shoulder, rubbed his jaw, and started up the pathway. *I should call CAP hyung. I hope he lives in the same place.*

The click of high heels made him pause. Niel shifted his gaze upward to see a pair of long legs in front of him. Slowly, his gaze trailed up the slender figure. He fixed his eyes on her face, and a thousand butterflies awakened in his stomach. *Oh God. I missed her so much.* He had longed for this woman every single day of the past three years. There had not been a day when she had not been on his mind.

Her lips curled upwards into a coy smile as she tilted her head. “Ahn Daniel. You grew up a lot. How old are you now? Twenty-two?”

His expression softened.

Sohee approached him step by step. She stopped when the toes of her heels kissed the toes of his worn out sneakers. Sohee glanced down at his shoes and smiled. “Time to get you new shoes.”

Niel kept his eyes focused on her. It felt like a dream being near her once again.

*I love you. I love you so much.* Those were the only words that were running through his mind at that moment.

Sohee looked up at him with eyes full of love and tenderness. “Welcome back, Ahn Daniel. I’ve been waiting a long, long time for this day.”

“Ssem…” Niel whispered. His nickname for her made heart flutter. She wrapped her arms around his neck, cupped the back of his head, and pulled him into her bosom for a hug. Niel closed his eyes, wrapped his arms around her waist, and held her close.

---

After Niel and Sohee came back to her apartment, he had gone out almost straightaway somewhere. She cleaned the living room again although she had done so this morning. Sohee made sure that his toothbrush was next to hers and that his limited supply of clothes was stacked away in the new closet she had bought for him.

Niel returned after the sun had gone down. He took a long, hot shower and shaved the stubbles that had grown on his jaw. After cleaning himself, he came out of the restroom with slightly damp hair. He didn’t see Sohee in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter