The greatest sacrifice

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs_rZrjI3oY

G.na- Because you are my man

----

On Monday, Sohee went to school confidently and with peace. She successfully ignored the scoffs and gossip in the hallways.

“Good morning, ssem.” Dookyung smiled. “Good morning, Dookyung.” She smiled back. “

SSEM!” Someone hollered. Sohee looked up to see Jaehyuk, Hojin, and Taegun.

“HI, SSEM!” Hojin waved excitedly. Jaehyuk rolled his eyes in embarrassment as Taegun smiled widely and waved also.

Sohee laughed. “Hello, Hojin, Taegun, and Jaehyuk.”

“See you later, ssem! OOF!” Hojin had become too excited that he had fell off the window ledge and landed hard on the ground. “You dork.” Jaehyuk helped him up. Sohee waved again and entered the office.

“Teacher Jung.” Principal Kang called. She turned around.

“Please follow me to my office. I have something to discuss with you.” He led the way.

They went into his office and sat down on the black seats.

“Is there something wrong, Principal Kang?” Sohee warily asked.

“No, everything turned out well for you.” He assured.

*For me?* She didn’t like the way he said that.

“As you know, the school board wanted to discuss the recent, er, events that has unfolded in this school.” Principal Kang tugged on his necktie. Sohee nodded. “Yes. I knew about that.”

“Well I attended the meeting also, and I pleaded them with you that you were innocent. I told them you were an irreplaceable teacher and one we desperately need at Goryo.” He stated. She softened, grateful that he had stood by her side. “Principal Park…thank you.”

He nodded. “After much thought, the school board decided to let you stay in the school system.”

Her eyes widened. “Just like that?”

“It wasn’t an easy decision, but I persuaded the school board that you had nothing to do with this drama. I let them know that Daniel was the one that forced you to be with him-“

“You what?” Sohee stood up in shock with her pink lips parted open. “You…you put all the blame on Daniel?”

“There was nothing else I could do, Teacher Jung.” Principal Kang tried to make her understand. “I had to choose between releasing you or Daniel. You are a necessary part of this school. As for Daniel…well…he has always been a troublemaker…” He scratched the top of his head with uncertainty.

*I can’t believe this.* Sohee swallowed hard. “Then what happens to Daniel?”

Principal Kang held his breath, as if he was reluctant to share.

“Will he even be able to graduate?” She whispered. “…He can always try next year. His friend, the tall, muscular one, did that as well.” He nodded, as if that made everything better.

“What?” Sohee stepped back. “B-but he has the grades. I saw his file! He’s passing everything! He deserves to graduate!”

Principal Kang frowned miserably. “The decision has already been made, I’m afraid. We are going to keep you on staff…and Daniel will be expelled.”

“You’re going to throw him away just like that?” Sohee whispered.

He looked away.

*This isn’t right. I can’t let them do this to him.* She straightened up. “How about you throw me away instead?”

Principal Kang looked at her, startled, “Teacher Jung-“

“I was part of this drama, too. Daniel didn’t force me to do anything. I chose to love him, and I still do.” She confessed. He gawked at her.

“So if you need to punish anyone…punish me.” Sohee pleaded.

“Do you realize what your confession could do? You could lose your teaching credential. You’re sacrificing your career for someone who cares about nothing.” Principal Kang stated.

Her eyes were soft. “He cares about me.” His face fell. “Teacher Jung-“

“I’ll leave my resignation on the table. Please contact Daniel. Tell him to come back immediately and that he must study hard for the final tests.” Sohee bowed. “Thank you for everything you have done. Goodbye.” She left without turning back. Sohee walked to her desk and took out a box from underneath the desk. She began to clean everything out.

The teachers began to chitchat at once.

“Did Principal Kang demand her to leave?”

“She’d be stubborn if she stayed. The shame!”

“Then who will teach history from now on?! We only have Teacher Lee left, and he’s retiring this year also!”

Nayoung ran over. “Sohee-shi! What are you doing?! Did the principal fire you?!”

“No, I’m resigning.” She replied.

“Resign?” Nayoung’s face turned pale. “You finally grew tired of this school, didn’t you?”

Sohee put her last bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter